Shia Labeouf confused by Revenge of the Fallen

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Sol Fury, Apr 3, 2010.

1. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I don't understand how people gets confused? I thought the movie was pretty linear. Like the other 2 films, I will keep my expectations low for TF3.

2. Dally

Dally Decepticon

Ebay:
    I agree with him. I have faith in the third one, but I am prepared for suckage.

3. OptimusMagnus3

OptimusMagnus3 Well-Known Member

Personally, I have to disagree with Shia. I think that the film did not miss the mark at all, and that it was the best movie ever made!

4. TedimusPrime

TedimusPrime Full Time Toy Designer

Bumblebee runs over geography about four times. I enjoyed the movie, but there are no deserts in the back of that museum, i'm sorry.

5. cappeca

cappeca wtf is this?

6. DeathsHead

DeathsHead Well-Known Member

I'm not sure I agree with that - "the writers strike made our film rubbish" is a fucking terrible excuse. Films are utterly dependent on scripts - if the script isn't ready DON'T start shooting. Hollywood history is littered with movies that were pushed in front of the lens without any real idea of what they were trying to achieve.

To quote one of the producers of Alien 3 : "We didn't set out to make a movie, we set out to make a release date".

7. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As long as Bay is running the show I expect the 3rd film to be just as bad as ROTF.

8. tfan123

tfan123 Well-Known Member

THIS.

9. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Yep, you can blame the writers strike all you want but Bay is ultimately responsible as the director. And it still does not explain how Orci and Kurtzman managed to write a decent script for Star Trek which turned out well and then ROTF which was a complete mess.

10. Transquito

Transquito Reach For The Light

... Well it dosnt take much to confuse poor Shia ...

11. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    This is also true, he would be the guy who looking through the menu at an Asian restaurant only to ask what the sliced beef is.

12. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    Best of my knowledge, Star Trek's script was completed before the strike even started. The strike and the shoot started within days of each other. Star Trek filmed through the writer's strike, so it wasn't affected all that much. Plus, as executive producers, Orci and Kurtzman were still able to do revisions.

Well, apparently one reason they started production when they did was because the writer's strike put a lot of the movie industry on hold with little work being done on new projects. No work being done = no paychecks. And some of Bay's crewmen were apparently in danger of losing their houses because of that. Bay happens to like his crewmen. What would you do?

13. Transquito

Transquito Reach For The Light

Rofl, I salute you :lol 

14. jgoss

jgoss transformers fan 4 life

i thought rotf was great if they take there time on tf3 it'll be incredible.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2010
  15. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Well, we could blame the writer's strike... but since the same writers made an equally all-over-the-place mess with Star Trek, I'd say the fault lies more with the writers than the strike.

16. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

Me too. And it's not just the writer's strike to blame.

17. Railguard

Railguard Battalion Commander

Ebay:
    Well maybe he wont go out drinking this time and flip an suv.

18. Santoanderson

Santoanderson Well-Known Member

I am glad to see that Shia shares my own perspective. I would've loved this movie if I were 9, because I wouldn't have cared about character consistencies, motivations, and clarity. I wouldn't have known that there isn't a giant desert behind the Smithsonian. I wouldn't have questioned why the film's two protagonists were forced to run their way through a war zone in the film's finale despite the fact that they were surrounded by allies who could transform into cars and drive them across. I wouldn't have wondered why in the first film, one of the film's major protagonists (Bumblebee) loses his voice and finally (or magically) regains it at the end, only to return in the sequel as a mute. I wouldn't have questioned why Megatron can be resurrected by a sliver of the Allspark cube, and inexplicably Optimus can't, even though Sam, and later Mikaela posesses a sliver of the cube. I wouldn't have questioned why in the first movie, the Autobots are seen as angelic, heavenly beings, and in the second they've devolved to ebonic, illiterate inner-city stereotypes.

See, if I were 9, I'd be so blinded by the shear volume of violence, explosions, car engine noises, and fart jokes, that I'd forget about the story. Unfortunately, I'm an adult now, and when you grow up, you expect a movie to have a story that makes sense. ROTF didn't.

19. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    "Shia LaBeouf has no idea what's going on" would be a better title for the article.

20. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    If I read right Trek script was done before the strike. ROTF's was not, and Bay tried to play the role of writer and director and as a result ROTF suffered. So yeah, he is responsible, but what else was he going to do?