Shia and Megan talk Post-TF3 era

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Sep 13, 2011.

1. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    QFT....shes such an ass...The TF movies made her, and no matter how "hot" she is, you cant wash off that stink that flows out of her mouth

2. Altimus Prime

Altimus Prime Shift perceptions

I'm sure Megan is very disappointed she couldn't be in a movie where the first image of her is her crotch.

3. Altimus Prime

Agreed.

And a "woman" like "that" being with Sam -- unemployed, awkward Sam -- is that very realistic?

(Yeah, movie about alien robots, I got it.)

Him walking around with a woman who always looks like she's just walked away from a fashion show just rips you out of any sense of the movie world being any kind of "real world."

Funny how they had to have more "realistic" appearances for the robots, but the humans aren't realistic.

4. Altimus Prime

Fixed.

;) 

5. thebruteslayer

thebruteslayer Banned

News Credits:
    Judging by this, you're saying all beautiful women have to be shallow?

6. Geterman

Geterman Second Coming of Primus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    It may have been a successful movie but damn sure wasn't a good movie. Or a transformers movie

7. thebruteslayer

thebruteslayer Banned

News Credits:
    Fixed.

8. Altimus Prime

Huh?

When did I said anything about her being shallow?

I was talking mainly about Sam. How often do you see women like her with a guy like him, as depicted in the movie? Unemployed, awkward, weird.

Women who look like that often use said looks to snag rich, powerful men. Not guys like Sam.

It strains believability.

She may be vapid, but that's beside the point.

Why can't there be a "real" woman in the movie? Why does it have to be a Victoria Secret model?

9. Altimus Prime

Agreed.

Box office success doesn't mean it's good.

People often like crap. Hard to explain or predict. If you can, you can make a lot of money.

As a Transformers fan, I expect better. (and I see it in Transformers Prime, actually)

10. Goaliebot

Goaliebot All Makes and Models

News Credits:
    You are far from alone. There's a lot of us who loved ROTF (and Movie 1, and DOTM). We have mostly just given up trying to discuss the movieverse (especially ROTF) on the boards here because the movie haters drown us out in every damn thread.

I still wish there was a movieverse FAN forum out there we could participate in. As it is, I avoid the movie sub-forum here like the plague. I think most of us movieverse fans do.

11. thebruteslayer

thebruteslayer Banned

News Credits:
    :thumbs2: 

12. Altimus Prime

Hey, loved the first film, was OK with the second although I thought it was a bit off and could've been better. The third was just a train wreck, full of so many "WTF" moments - mainly from the human cast - in the first half that when the action came in the second half, I just didn't care anymore and suffered from fatigue from the seeming endless "action."

13. BreakY

BreakY Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I really can't understand how DOTM was a better movie than ROTF. Yes, the action was pretty awesome, but from a story continuity, it fails hard. The fact that the Decepticons were planning to harvest the SUN in ROTF (which if this plan succeeded, Meg's DOTM plan would be useless), and then say that there was a plan to use this space bridge to pull resources back to Cybertron... WTF?

The movie would have been a lot better if it was a no-holds barred, exterminate-the-human-race and Decepticons take the resources for themselves story with Shockwave as the cold, calculating badass boss at the end.

14. Altimus Prime

I think a simple story of survival, of the pursuit of and need for energy, with Megatron as the primary bad guy, would have been a good enough theme to hang all the movies on.

In movies that are mainly about action, complicated stories aren't really necessary. And a basic need such as food/survival is often a very good motivating factor.

And DotM would have been helped by more serious characters and tones from the human cast than what we got.

15. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Oh Shia I had such high hopes for you as an actor when you said you wanted to step away from the Transformers franchise to focus on more challenging and deeper roles.

But if Dark of the Moon somehow vindicates you because you think your acting was somehow better than in Revenge of the Fallen then maybe you don't have the acting chops for anything more than just brain dead action movies.

16. mogel94

mogel94 Well-Known Member

Oh sweet jesus, the amount of shit Shia talks about the Transformers films I'm supprised it was Megan Fox who was told to leave! No matter how shite the film you star in you should always take a bit of pride in your work!

Unless you happen to have been in the StarWars prequels; you may bitch as much as you want :D 

17. Maetel

Maetel Well-Known Member

romance ruins everything because movie producers can't figure anyway other way to get cash from female audience except sticking romance/love interest in every genre. adventure - stick romance in, comedy - stick romance in, drama - stick romance in, sports - stick romance in, crime - stick romance in, giant fucking robots from outer space waging wars across galaxies - stick romance in.

and why is she babbling to the "press" about how much she 'luved' the crews 2 years after the fact? a simple "yea i've seen it, it's not bad" or "i haven't seen it yet, i heard it's not bad" would've sufficed. pretending to kiss asses in front of the press 2 years after getting fired for bad mouthing the director ain't gonna get her career back.

18. Altimus Prime

Maybe it's because as the male lead, Shia would have been harder to replace.

For the "girl," they just needed a hot bod. Tons of those. Maybe seen as interchangeable.

Replacing Sam and explaining it away would've been a lot harder than how they handled the disappearance of Megan's character. Which, if she exists in that world (she isn't dead, I believe) you would think with her knowledge and prior experience, when the shit started to go down, much like Sam, she might have showed up somewhere, somehow, even if she "broke up" with him.

19. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:

^ So much truth in this comment and I can't even think where to start appreciating it. Kudos! :thumbs2: 

20. Alooulla

Alooulla Decepticon

I actually enjoyed ROTF more than DOTM. Dont get me wrong i loved them both, but i missed the presence of Leo and the Twins in the third movie. Of course i know im in the minority there.