She-ra returns in new show

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Gaastra, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Who is that on the far left of the pic? Is that the girl who had the hots for Hordak? Looks like she put on a few pounds.

Looks like Glimmer slimmed down.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Scrapmaker

Scrapmaker Miniautoquintessoboticon

That's Spinnerella.
    She and Netossa have just been cameos, basically.

3. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

So I'm watching the new season of Elena of Avalor, the other heroine/princess that Aimee Carrero voices. And I'm thinking to myself, the creators of the new She-Ra series should've looked to that show as a blueprint for how to make this show. Despite technically being a Disney Jr show, I think I probably find it to be more entertaining than any cartoon that currently airs on a Disney, Nickelodeon, or Cartoon Network channel. The only other current cartoon that I find entertaining is the current Alvin & The Chipmunks series on Nickelodeon. That show is very good.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2019
  4. GamerSlyRatchet

GamerSlyRatchet Well-Known Member

They apparently get bigger roles this season.

5. Scrapmaker

Oh, good, so they won't be just advertised extras like they've been for the last three seasons.

Wonder what the situation with Double Trouble is...We first saw them in the background of the Princess Prom. The original character was meant to be a double agent for the Rebellion within the Horde's ranks, but never made it to the show. So what's the story for this new, wildly different version of the character?

6. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Interesting thing about that show. The characters were originally created and voiced by Ross Bagdasarian Sr., the novelty singer who originally used the stage name "David Seville". The characters were revived by his son, Ross Bagdasarian Jr., who voiced them starting in the late 70s. The 80s cartoon we all know was created by Bagdasarian Jr. and his wife, who most of the scripts themselves, in addition to voicing nearly all of the characters.

The new series is produced, written, and voiced by the same husband and wife team that was behind the 80s version, except that now their children are stepping in to write episodes and voice a few of the characters. So if it feels a little like going home to your childhood, that's because it is :) 

• Like Like x 2
  7. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    Just realized that the new season dropped yesterday.

8. excelhedge

excelhedge Overseer of Weird

News Credits:
    Today actually.

So yeah....

Positives
    After the first episode the episodes started taking the stories more serious.
    Micca and Entrapta are back.
    The true Hordak/Horde Prime has finally arrived.
    Scorpia and the horde kids left the horde. So maybe we finally have more classic Horde members pushed to the forefront.

Negative
    Horde Prime looks like a twink pretty boy with gross extra eyes in the side of his head
    Light Hope is dead
    Hordak got token out like a chump
    Entrapta and Hordak weren't reunited
    Eternia is setup as future Villains

I'm so senseing that after Horde Prime is defeated Eternia and He-man will be the next Big Bads

• Like Like x 1
  9. Omegashark18

News Credits:
    But, aren’t they supposed to be good guys?

That flip is not going to go over well with hardcore fans...

• Like Like x 1
  10. excelhedge

News Credits:
    Well.... It'd be more of a flip
    Remember in most continuities Adora was a villian before becomeing a hero.

So it's not that far a reach to introduce a He-man as a villian. (Plus I wouldn't put it past the show runner as she seems fond of putting the Women of the series above the Token Men.)

11. Omegashark18

News Credits:
    Ah, I never knew that. But still, probably won’t go over well with fans, unless they plan on pulling what you just mentioned.

12. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus To me my X-Men! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    I imagine a lot of fans stop watching if that's the case.

13. Scrapmaker

I can see it now.

Prince Adam, under the sway of his evil uncle Keldor, acts as a mighty enforcer of his ambitions wielding the Sword of Power. He truly believes what he is doing is right and just, and Adora has to bring him to his senses and show him that Skeletor is manipulating him. On the other hand, it has been 1,000 years since the events with Mara. Who knows what their descendants are like?

14. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    Soooo... three episodes in... and Flutterina isn't Flutterina. She's just a disguise for Double Trouble. Eh.

15. excelhedge

News Credits:
    You mean the lazy writing that made it obvious who he was.

16. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    I mean... they didn't even try to make it a mystery. It would have been more interesting if you didn't know but they decided to let you know from go so they could get some yucks since him making fun of the heroes wouldn't have worked if the audience was unaware. Shame as I found the character to be interesting and he could have been really cool if the writting was a bit more clever.

Also, Light Hope seems to have some kind of darkside going down as of episode five. Yikes. Something tells me Mara wasn't the one who was compromised.

17. excelhedge

News Credits:
    Like I said Eternia is set up as Villians in this

Light Hope is just as much a victim of Eternia's plan as Mara and Adora are.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    Haven't gotten to that point yet. I'm going to have to see how this developes but I can't imagine that working well.

19. excelhedge

News Credits:
    Horde Prime Mechanical Giant Badass
    Horde_Prime.jpg

Horde Prime/The Orginal Hordak effeminate twonk
    606bd7fd-a56f-4f21-b073-0808dc77caf3.jpg df3a214d-aa19-46cc-92b2-31b510e1df1c.png
    How is this supposed to be the True Hordak?

20. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    Huh. The First Ones turned Etheria into a super weapon. The Princesses all go Super Saiyan when they all link to their crystals. She-Ra is the focal point of the weapon. Glimmer acts like an entitled idiot and ends up activating the weapon. She Ra overcomes the energies controlling her and stops the super weapon by destroying the sword and Light Hope. Doesn't look like Adora can become She Ra anymore but earlier Razz hinted at She Ra predating the First Ones and that they only made the sword to control the powers of She Ra. My guess is that Adora will have to learn to be She Ra without the sword.

Micca and Entrapta get rescued from Beast Island. Unfortunately Entrapta doesn't get reunited with Hordak. Shame as I would have liked more Entrapta as I find her adorable.

Double Trouble sows seeds of discord on both sides and ends up betraying Catra in the end. Basically everyone leaves the Horde and Catra takes Hordak out like a chump. Horde Prime shows up at the very end and he looks... sad. Not a fan of that design. But he takes away Hordak, Catra and Glimmer. Horde Prime doesn't accept Hordak and... terminates him? Sends him to be reconditioned? Catra manages to save herself and Glimmer by bargaining with Horde Prime.

As for the idea that Eternia is being set up as villains... I'm not so sure. The First Ones created the super weapon but it's been thousands of years... the world has surely moved on. Light Hope even mentions that the First Ones are gone. Also, remember in the original series Mara's people were from Primus so to me if anyone were to represent the potential First Ones villains it would be them. Light Hope mentioned that Adora was only a descendant of the First Ones and seemed to imply that the First Ones are gone. Which leads me to conclude that if Eternia is introduced that they'll only be descended from the First Ones in the same way Adora is. Which could go anywhere plot wise considering how much their society would have changed in a thousand years.

All in all some decent ideas, some bad and cliched writting mixed with some decent turn of events. Next season should be interesting.

• Like Like x 1