Shazam - WB/DC Movie Discussion

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by QLRformer, Nov 8, 2015.

1. SHINOBI03

SHINOBI03 Well-Known Member

Was gonna complain about this, but then I realized it's the best move. Give us Mister Mind for the second movie and save the iconic villain for the third and final movie. Because let's face it, after Black Adam everything else will pale in comparison.

• Like Like x 4
  2. areaseven

areaseven Live to Win

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:

3. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    After Sivana (or arguably tied with him), Mr. Mind is the iconic villain. Black Adam only appeared once and then was immediately killed, never to appear again in classic continuity. He's only become a recurring character after DC licensed the property in the '70s.

4. SHINOBI03

SHINOBI03 Well-Known Member

I'd argue for the general public Black Adam is the iconic Captain Marvel villain because I never heard of Mister Mind until I saw a video exploring the franchise's history. But until I did, Black Adam was the most associated villain for the character and the one they always advertise.

• Like Like x 1
  5. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    That's your prerogative. And there's no question DC has used Black Adam more in recent years. But Sivana is Captain Marvel's Lex Luthor. He (along with his family) is unquestionably Captain Marvel's most iconic enemy. He and Mister Mind appeared pretty much constantly throughout the character's most popular era.

6. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    Sivana is Captain Marvel's Lex Luthor, and Black Adam is Capt Marvel's Zod. Both are significant in their own way.

But that said, Capt Marvel has his own uniquely awesome villains. And an alien worm with strongarm crocodiles (the Monster Society) is a cool choice.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  7. rattrap007

rattrap007 one with the Force TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I am rewatching the film and picked up on something i did not notice before. The color of the Shazam family costumes matches all their jacket colors.

Billy wears a red jacket - Shazam red costume
    Freddie - Blue
    Darla - Purple
    Mary - Maroon
    Eugene - Green
    Pedro - Grey

I did not pick up that first time i watched that.

• Like Like x 3
  8. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

Happy 80th anniversary to DC's Captain Marvel!

• Like Like x 4
  9. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    Director David F Sandberg was in quarantine. But he posted some behind-the-scenes stories on his Twitter site that I thought it worth sharing:

- Sandberg was given permission to idulge in horror wherever he could, and made the Seven Deadly Sins as monstrous as possible.
    [​IMG]

- Sandberg plays all three of the Crocodile Men in their cameo with a special monster suit.
    [​IMG]

- Mister Mind was portrayed by a puppet.
    [​IMG]

- Only three of the Seven Deadly Sins have voices: Envy is voiced by Steven Blum (TFP Starscream - solid casting there), Pride is voiced by Darin DePaul (Ardyn Inuzia), and Wrath is voiced by Fred Tatasciore (the Incredible Hulk).

- The DC Comics film logo, which currently appears with animation of the Justice League, had that animation left out. Sandberg admits he forgot to add the animation into the intro. (I would call that a happy accident, given that the logo makes it look close to the Harry Potter intro)

- Seth Green paid a visit on set and appears as a guy walking outside a strip club.

Sounds like he had a blast.

• Like Like x 3
  10. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
  11. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    Director David Sandberg is planning a director's cut.

[​IMG]

I really don't know about this.

12. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    that's not from Sandberg; it's a new side project from the same behind #ReleaseTheSnyderCut.

because they now have nothing to do with their lives and can't actually imagine a superhero movie with joy and color.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Tetratron

Tetratron Well-Known Member

shazam.png

At least there isn't a #ReleaseTheJenkinsCut or #ReleaseTheWanCut

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  14. dinobot1

dinobot1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It’s funny how the Snyder cult claimed they did the “movement” to support a director’s vision and then do this. It’s also funny how they say that every Marvel movie is the same while also wanting every DC project to have Snyder’s bleak aesthetic.

15. There D Hood

There D Hood Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    This is insulting to the original. Just when DC/WB was allowing directors to do what they want with these films through Shazam and Joker...

Why is there even a need to link Shazam to Suicide Squad? That was years ago. Did they mean Suicide Squad 2? How would they even know what to link to that? I'm okay with the deleted scenes making it in and would enjoy Henry Cavill showing up for real but how would a fancut do that? Instead of digitally removing his moustache, they'd digitally add his head to that scene?

...yet.

But personally, Wonder Woman would benefit greatly if the Ares battle or really Ares' existence was removed from the film. Wouldn't be shocked if the big CGI fight was forced into the movie by the execs.

• Like Like x 1
  16. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    Black Adam was a member of the Suicide Squad.

It looked like DC/WB had plans to bring in Black Adam through Waller tracking him down and forcing him to join her Squad. Then they changed that to Adam getting his own film and (reportedly) bringing in the Justice Society of America.

I wonder why are people upset with that fight? It's a fight against a war god, who is clever enough to add guile and dread to his power that makes him almost unstoppable. He nearly broke Diana until she remembered from Steve that as long as there is good it must be defended with honor.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    If an okay battle with the God of War is the price to be paid for keeping the No Man’s Land sequence - which Patty Jenkins and crew really had to go in swinging for - then I pay it gladly.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Tetratron

Tetratron Well-Known Member

Make people appreciate Shazam! more when they're reminded Suicide Squad exists.