Shattered Glass

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Hyoumaru, May 20, 2014.

1. Hyoumaru

Hyoumaru M.S.B.S. ver. 10.5

I admit I've gone in and out of the Transformers fandom over the years. I honestly wasn't aware Shattered Glass had existed until fairly recently

Turns out I actually kind of like the concept, but it seems... undercut.

Most of the time it just gets text-based stories, or stuff like 3-pagers. Even the instance of Megatron becoming Galvatron, which felt like it should have been a large ordeal, just kind of passed by given a bigger cross-continuity event that was going on.

Or maybe I'm missing the point of it. I've never been to Botcon and maybe it's just meant to be a once-in-a-while thing, but it feels like a lot more could come of it, like it could break the mold of just recolors and turn into something bigger.

2. Jalaguy

Jalaguy has no known physical weaknesses

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    To be honest, I think general consensus is that the text stories are the best Shattered Glass fiction, since they actually have fun with the idea of a Transformers Bizarro universe. When you take it seriously, you get awful grimdark nonsense like the Invasion comic from BotCon '12.

Its general dearth of recent fiction, though, can be attributed to both the Club's website being in a shambles for years, and them having moved on to the "Wings Universe" as their main focus for BotCon and magazine fiction.

And it will never have brand new moulds, because the TCC can in no way afford that, unless you want toys that cost $1000 or something.

3. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

Hasbro could release SG stuff in Generations

4. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I could go for a small subline as a store exclusive like Predacons Rising was for Target.

5. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And they'd have a hard time selling it, too. Shattered Glass only appeals to a small percentage of Transformers collectors. Heck, even Beast Machines probably has a better approval rating among the fanbase.

6. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

The upcoming Generations Tankor proves this.