Shattered Glass

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Death Dancaa, Jun 2, 2019.

1. DiamondTiara

DiamondTiara Class President TFW2005 Supporter

@Windsweeper II

Sounds fairly interesting. I just imagined the Vehicons as faceless troopers because the people making the show couldn't afford to make them their own models and such.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Thanks.
    I do know about that. They probably also implied them to be a faceless and uniform fascist army and a threat to individualism. But when I see a Jedi, a Maximal or an Autobot mow through lines of faceless opponents it just looks to me like those shows are saying it's okay to dehumanize anyone you don't agree with and that their lives don't matter. Yeah, I'm probably overthinking it, but it just seems icky to me.

• Like Like x 3
  3. DiamondTiara

DiamondTiara Class President TFW2005 Supporter

Your probably overthinking it, indeed. SG Prime to me would deal with the Decepticons hunting down Autobot forces lead by Optimus Prime. The Decepticons are the ones to encounter the humans, Soundwave with Miko, Arachnid with Jack, and Starscream with Raf. However Cybertron has been a wasteland due to Primus's awakening and spreading of his order, and he raises an undead army that is a threat to both Decepticons and Autobots. The Autobots are just an elite group under Optimus's command, they are extremely violent, cruel, though their lack of cleverness is the major downfall for their plans.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Well, saying that was me being diplomatic. I am definitely not overthinking it.
    Writers could do with taking a little more responsibility for the moral implications of their productions.
    But most people employed in the entertainment industry are an immoral bunch and just like most organized religions that industry is populated and supported by like minded people who don't bear introspection or a critical look at their activities well.

This subject is starting to border on political discussion however. So safer to drop it I think :D 

You want to discuss RID2015 privately?
    We have been derailing this thread I suppose.
    But would it not be more fun to start a thread or discuss this in the cartoon forum so others can join in?
    On the other hand, just hit me with your RID2015 sequel idea privately. I actually think I'm kinda SG'd out and I'm not that interested in Prime to have a lot of SG ideas for it. But I would like to see what you have envisioned for a sequel.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    I’d like Shattered Glass toys in Selects. They would be presented as new color schemes with the incorrect color insignia (Red Decepticon and purple Autobot) but the Shattered Glass name would not be present anywhere on the box. But those in the know like us would be familiar of who they actually are and what their story is.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  6. MrSoundmeister

MrSoundmeister Bang,Bang Boom!

I guess that would be pretty interesting idea to tackle.

-Decepticons
    -Megatron from CW Cyclonus With "Fusion Cannon Patrol" From Siege Flak (With Growl's head) & Eathrise Bombshock.
    -SG Sideswipe from Siege Sideswipe.
    -SG Laser Cycle Soundwave from Unite Warriors Groove with new head based on G2 Road Pig, Comes with SG Ravage & Lazerbeak or Sundor from Siege Ravage and Lazerbeak.
    -SG "Decepticon Jets" 3-Pack from POTP Darkwing (Thundercracker, Starscream & Skywarp.) Comes with "Friendlier" looking versions of the seeker heads, Starscream, Thundercracker and Skywarp would each come with different faceplates that show different emotions. Starscream and Skywarp would come with a neutral/serious expression, Meanwhile Thundercracker would just be smirking.
    -SG Unicron from Titans Return Hardhead with new faceplace.
    -SG Bludgeon from Siege Megatron, Comes with new head based on G1 Bludgeon's Inner Robot. Can be repurposed as R.I.D Bludgeon thanks to the grey decepticon insignia.
    -SG Blitzwing from Titans Return Blitzwing.
    -SG Heatwave from CW Onslaught. New head, both for robot and combiner mode.
    -SG Thunderwing from Titans Returns Black/Sky Shadow. Comes with New faceplate and helmet.

-Autobots
    -SG Optimus Prime from Earthrise Optimus
    -SG Goldbug from POTP Punch/Counterpunch with new head (The mold was the closest thing to Cybertron Hot Shot.)
    -SG Ultra Magnus from CW Motormaster (With Nemesis Prime head, Colors based on Diaclone Powered Convoy.)
    -SG Arcee from CW Deadend with New head based on Alternators Windcharger. Colors based on Movie 1 Arcee.
    -SG "Autobot Seekers" 3-pack from POTP Jazz (SG Jazz, Ricochet and Stepper.)
    -SG Blurr with "Incinerator" From Titans Return Blurr with new faceplate with a redecoed Legends Haywire with colors based on United Haywire.
    -SG Rodimus with "Firedrive" From Titans Return Hot Rod with newly tooled faceplate with a redecoed Legends Firedrive.
    -SG Springer from Siege Springer, Colors based on TF2010 Duststorm.
    -SG Kup from Titan Return Kup. Comes with SG Recoil, a redeco of Legends Recoil.
    -SG Grimlock from POTP Grimlock.

And these would come to mind with ideas for SG Selects.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    Skyfall would be a remold of Siege Starscream with a new head and chest.

A88E7117-69B3-4B37-A889-1931498D0CA9.jpeg

8. Convoy

Convoy 90's Robot

Megatron from tr galvatron maybe

Like this but redecoed again
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  9. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    How about SG Goldbug from Punch can also transform into SG Bumblebee?

340F5723-7731-4C81-93BB-E20FD38C6D12.jpeg 161DAC28-1204-4D05-9B0A-29FF1FE4A522.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  10. MrSoundmeister

I Guess retooling TR Galvatron in SG Megatron's colors with a new headmaster would make a good take on him. Honestly, i've gone with CW Cyclonus from the fact it has a Galvatronus head, and making a "SG Galvatronus" that's basically SG Megatron channeling the leftover power he had as Galvatron with the help of SG Unicron to form the SG Equivalent to Regular Universe Optimus Maximus.

Yeah. That could work, but i can totally see Goldbug have an alternative persona akin to Longarm Prime from Transformers Animated.

11. Convoy

Convoy 90's Robot

I use legends BlackJack for gold bug. I know he's purple instead of blue but it's otherwise pretty good. Bit of blue tac gives him the rodimusesque back spoiler set up.

Looks good with dx9 phonas aka legend SG Prime.

12. KuroKage2001

KuroKage2001 Gib Tigerhawk combiner

I’d absolutely adore some more Shattered Glass stuff, especially if it has a “correct” universe that it can constantly crossover and clash with.

Some ideas I have for an SG reboot are:

Megatron from Siege Sixgun, makes the main character affordable and can reference G1 Megatron’s gun mode. Personality wise he starts as someone who only fights the Autobots to survive but he soon becomes a paragon of justice.

The three Seekers start with the Siege Seeker mold but are upgraded into Triple Changers by Unicron. Skywarp becomes Cyclonus from Siege Springer with a G1 head but UT alt modes, Thundercracker becomes the headmaster Scourge from TR Optimus and has the Fangry drone to reference Cybertron Scourge, while Starscream becomes the head master Nova Storm from TR Blitzwing. Overall similar to their original SG personalities except with Thundercracker having an intense hate of Optimus Prime.

And Overlord rounds out the Decepticons as a redeco of TR Overlord with the tank part and head in Impactor’s colors and the jet part in regular Megatron colors. He comes with two battle masters to be Giga and Mega. He hates the concept of gladiatorial combat and views Megatron as a friend and intellectual rival.

Optimus is made from Galaxy Upgrade OP, fairly easy repaint and makes it a real underdog situation for the cons. Believes freedom is the right of Cybertronians and Cybertronians alone.

the Wreckers are OP’s personal team of warlords consisting of:

Scattorshot from CW Onslaught with a new head based on Cybertron Scattorshot and coloration based on Cybertron Thunderblast. A madman who loves inviting and testing insane, unethical, and insanely unethical weapons.

Impactor is made from CW Brawl with some sort of peg leg retool and the paint job of Overlord. The “softest” of the Wreckers, he’s kept on a tight leash to prevent him from considering jumping ship. When push comes to shove, he proves himself to be just as cruel as his team mates.

Wheeljack is a recolor of his CW toy in Shockwave colors. Part cyber ninja, part mad scientist, all monster.

Depth Charge is made from PoTP Rippersnapper and uses BW Rampage’s color scheme. He’s a bot driven by revenge, using the wreckers only to help him find the beast dubbed Rampage, a creation of Wheeljack’s that killed Depth Charge’s conjux endura (hope I spelled that right) when he escaped his abusive creator.

Airazor is made PoTP Cutthroat and uses Terrorsaur’s color scheme. Sharp, cruel, and cunning, this femme fatale has just about every Autobot and even a few Decepticons wrapped around her talons. Should Optimus befall a “tragic accident” it would be easy for her to swoop in take command.

the five Wreckers combine to form the sadistic Wreckage, a highly functioning combiner who turns battlefields into hunting games and knows no joy unless other’s are suffering.

• Like Like x 2
  13. greboguru

greboguru Psychedelic Brainchild

I think Shattered Glass kinda sucks.

• Like Like x 1
  14. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Cosign. To the point you might as well remove the G and the L.

15. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    Then improve it. Make it not suck.

• Like Like x 1
  16. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland

News Credits:
    Hard to do that since it's a withered branch of the franchise at this point.

Even harder to do it when we're just fans...

17. MrSoundmeister

Then what makes it really hard to pull it off then?

18. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    No, I just want to hear your ideas on what Hasbro and Takara could do.