Shattered glass megatron revealed

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by lil society vert, Apr 27, 2021.

1. Description ok ey

Description ok ey Member

I just want to say about difference wiht official art and real toy thing. I don't think megatron's bio's necessary in this debate. At the very least, they should have changed megatron's chin shape. But they didn't.

2. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yea, just because this subline is 5 figures, that doesn't mean it's the only SG we will get. They could still sprinkle SG in Selects or do a wave 2 of the subline

The bio is necessary because it's reflective of the fact that this is a worn down and not optimistic/hopeful Megatron. He was at one point, but the bio reflects the face sculpt. You're also seeing the art out of context, maybe that piece of art is from a flashback to the early war.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Prime-Directive

Prime-Directive Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thank you very much for the suggestion I honestly had no idea they existed, my main priority right now is trying to secure SG Megatron, hopefully EBgames and Zing stock him here in Australia like they did with SG Blurr, but once I know I can set a budget for them I'll defintely be chasing down both versions of Squalkbox now that I know they exist.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Description ok ey

Description ok ey Member

The picture on the box and the official art are all decorated on the chin and look young. I think the bio is just an excuse for using the molding as it is. Even after many incidents, there's no reason why the face of the evil Decepticon leader and the face of the righteous Decepticon leader are exactly the same.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There's actually a 3rd black version too. I'm not sure if they deliver to Australia, but if you want to check em out here's the BBTS links

G1: DW-P51 Chatter
    SG: DW-P51M Chatter
    Black: DW-P51B Chatter

BBTS has SG and black as a bit more expensive for some reason, but other sites have all 3 for $25USD

Except Megatron is no longer the righteous Decepticon leader. The bio informs the story and the story is created by the figures. Again, the art is out of context, it could be from the pre war age when Megatron was still young and hopeful.

6. Description ok ey

Description ok ey Member

[QUOTE = "Fenrys, 게시 : 19078450, 회원 : 39655"] 실제로 세 번째 블랙 버전도 있습니다. 호주로 배송되는지 확실하지 않지만 확인하려면 여기 BBTS 링크가 있습니다.

G1 : DW-P51 채터
    SG : DW-P51M 채터
    블랙 : DW-P51B Chatter

BBTS는 어떤 이유로 든 SG와 블랙을 조금 더 비싸지 만 다른 사이트는 $ 25USD에 모두 3 개를 가지고 있습니다.

Megatron은 더 이상 의로운 디셉티콘 리더가 아닙니다. 바이오는 이야기를 전달하고 이야기는 인물에 의해 만들어집니다. 다시 말하지만, 예술은 맥락에서 벗어났습니다. 그것은 메가 트론이 아직 젊고 희망적이었던 전쟁 전 시대의 것일 수 있습니다.

Doesn't it make any sense that the face of a former Decepticon leader who's been through a lot of incidents is exactly the same as that of a benevolent Decepticon leader in a parallel world? Using the same face shape as it is is an inexcusable and excessive cost reduction.

7. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The face of the benevolent Autobot leader is the exact same as the face of the Evil Autobot leader from a parallel world. Same with the kind Autobot doctor and sadistic parallel counterpart. You are claiming "inexcusable and excessive cost reduction" yet they also tooled entirely new parts to call back to the original SG Megatron's flight mode. They also initially listed Megatron with no upcharge despite the extra accessories and included comic (likely a mistake, but it still happened). Not exactly the "inexcusable and excessive cost reduction" you are making it out to be. So far for SG we've gotten 2 direct repaints, 1 partial with a new head and 1 direct repaint with new accessories that create what is essentially a 3rd bonus mode.

Also, not sure why you changed the language of my text you quoted o_O 

8. jamarmiller

jamarmiller S.K.A.R. LEADER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    looks amazing! but to be honest I am not interested in Shattered glass , never have been

9. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just thought of another possible SG Decepticon if you have it or can get one, the Centurion drone could totally be SG Brunt

10. Phoenix Prime

Phoenix Prime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    After all my complaining about that Thigh Gap, and I still pre ordered it, because it looks so much like the coloring I did on this mold.

Does Hasbro have me under surveillance ?

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Mr Megatron

Mr Megatron Emperor of Destruction

He has actually exceeded my expectations. Love those new pieces, love the colors, love that jet mode. Was expecting just a straight repaint of the earthrise figure based off that old leaks thread, glad they went this direction. Idk how many siege megatrons I have by now but I’m happy to add another one to my collection.

12. Prime-Directive

Prime-Directive Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Centurion Drone is actually on my list to try get as I think hes the last Weaponizer I need, sadly though I don't think he was easy to get here in Australia, I've got a few preorders I want to prioritize first through BBTS and a few through EBgames, but he's definitely high on my list to eventually find, if he ever ends up on Amazon or eBay though for a good price then Ill definitely jump at him.

I actually have a really good Shattered Glass collection currently, I think the only original convention exclusive I am missing is the original voyager Optimus, and to a lesser extent the Botcon Slicer and Sweep that could be repurposed as SG Wheeljack and SG Scourge, I have the Dark Energon Prime Wheeljack as a stand in though, I think they did repaints of the original G1 Soundwave and Blaster with some cassettes in SG colours too but I don't have that set either, but Shattered Glass is my favourite Transformers fiction, so I'm always excited to add new figures to my collection.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I never got any of the originals, so all I currently have is the selects 2 pack and Rodimus Unicronus from potp. I think music label Soundwave was also more or less released in SG colors too

14. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover Poorly-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't need a 3P upgrade for this kit to enjoy it, but . . . I'd be very happy if we got a couple translucent blue shoulder cannons and maybe one more piece (a second shield, a backpack, whatever) to help lock the legs into the body for spaceship mode.

15. diablogunner

diablogunner Defender of the All-Spark

This one isn't a jet with a robot hanging off the bottom. It is a jet with a tank hanging off the back. I LOVE IT!

• Like Like x 2
  16. JohnRedcorn

JohnRedcorn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow! bought on spot.

It would be cool if they did non-Shattered Glass version of this.

17. Sundowner

Sundowner Member

Twitter:
    yellow eyes better

18. diablogunner

diablogunner Defender of the All-Spark

I am thinking the figure designs are meant to be an homage to the original toy looks, but I think it is going to be mostly a reboot/new version of the SG storyline. And since I don't know a ton about the original story, I am cool with that!

• Like Like x 2
  19. VenortFTW

VenortFTW New Member

Gotta admit I was hoping SG megs would be a Kingdom Cyclonus remold-- that said? still totally picking this guy up. Hoping we get some more SG cons to go with him.

20. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Couldn't slurge for a new head? He doesn't exactly look heroic.

• Like Like x 2