Shattered Glass Jetfire

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Fc203, Jul 12, 2021.

1. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    Crap. I feel so dumb. :lol  I accidentally made a new shattered Glass Jerfire thread. I had zero idea people already knew about it. oopsie!

It looks frikking awesome anyway. I really really want one!

Anyway...Bigger photos!

These were a pain in the ass to swipe, resize and change the file format since they are originally Bitmap images on Hasbrotoyshop.

TRA_GEN_JETFIRE_0013.png TRA_GEN_JETFIRE_0011.png TRA_GEN_JETFIRE_0010.png TRA_GEN_JETFIRE_0009.png TRA_GEN_JETFIRE_0007.png TRA_GEN_JETFIRE_0006.png TRA_GEN_JETFIRE_0004.png TRA_GEN_JETFIRE_0002.png TRA_GEN_JETFIRE_0001.png

• Like Like x 2
  2. AzT

AzT Moderator News Staff TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Girl Pants

Girl Pants aka brickonator

News Credits:
    I think the battle mask/helmet/armor gives you enough options to make this guy distinct from normal Jetfire. Frankly, I think a lot of people could put this guy on their regular Decepticon shelf and he'd blend in just fine.

That said, a new head could have been cool. You could style it more like the Classics/Henkei mold rather than Macross. Although with this SG line, it seems like they mostly just want to lift the decos of the old toys, not to carry over the quirks of those specific molds.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Prime Aspect

Prime Aspect Visual Synthesis Engineer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hopefully the battle mask will stay attached to this one, unlike my Jetfire. Since my Jetfire cannot wear his mask, he is always Skyfire in my continuity.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Deltron Magnus

Deltron Magnus Purveyor of Pineapple Kryptonite

That price ..... ouch. Nevertheless, I ordered him. He just looks too good to pass up. I love Siege Jetfire, and this deco is killer.

6. ShadowStitch

ShadowStitch vectoring the hate plague

The single biggest reason I won't buy this is because of that purple hinge on the wings.
    On Jetfire this hinge is red. The stripe is red. It blends in and you don't notice it as readily.
    On SG Jetfire the hinge is purple. The stripe is silver. It sticks out like a sore thumb.
    If the stripe were purple like the hinge, I would probably have considered it even at that price, because I love this color scheme and Jetfire is a great mold.
    But no. That damn purple hinge.

7. Atex67

Atex67 Well-Known Member

I feel that’s a bit of a…picky reason to not get Jetfire, but I sort of understand, it is an odd choice for them to do.
    Likely it’s just a lack of a fitting color to match that silver, but I would also posit an alternate reason for the purple hinge in its specific place: in homage to the ‘Dark Skyfire’ toy, and more specifically the purple(ish) Decepticon faction insignia located on its wings at around the same place on the wings. It’s not a perfect reasoning, of course, but it’s a likely explanation for why it was utilized over a streamlined silver color.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Is this up for preorder yet?

9. Lincoln Tunnel

Lincoln Tunnel Well-Known Member

10. ShadowStitch

ShadowStitch vectoring the hate plague

It might be picky, but we all have our cilantro.
    The hinges are almost certainly molded on the same sprue as the backpack or some other red part. On Siege Jetfire, this was definitely intentional, as white hinges would have interrupted the red stripe. For the repaint they couldn't just mold it in a different color, which I totally understand. But they intentionally painted the wing stripe in silver instead of purple, which implies they either didn't stop to think about how it would look, or they just didn't care. I'm not going to try to justify it and I'm sure not going to buy it.
    It's Hasbro's apathetic approach to QC, design and engineering that, along with the egregious "cost-saving" waffle hollows and abrupt price increases in recent years, has largely alienated me from TF collecting.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Atex67

Atex67 Well-Known Member

Except the silver is purposeful, as I said in my previous post, as this is based off of the Gentei! ‘Dark Skyfire’ mold, see below.
    [​IMG]

Why I agree that the interruption of silver is annoying, it again is possibly not without reason behind it, that is more than just ‘they’re being lazy’ as you so believe. If you notice in the attached picture the Decepticon Insignia located on the wing, it’s not an exact placement, but it’s there. Normal Siege Jetfire is definitely more based off of his G1 Cartoon appearance, whereas I believe SG Jetfire is actually based on a fusion of the above ‘Dark Skyfire’ paint job, and the original Classics version of that same mold.
    [​IMG]
    Notice the location of the Autobot insignia on the red stripe? Again, while these don’t translate exactly across toy lines, you can see the inspiration at least for why instead of having one continuous stripe, they have a purple hinge that evokes the idea of a Decepticon insignia(Edit: Or perhaps SG!Autobot insignia). Obviously I too would have preferred a continuous stripe, but there’s at least a precedent being acknowledged here in their design an homage of these characters.

• Like Like x 3
  12. JazzAlert13

JazzAlert13 Well-Known Member

Everyday that passes the more and more I’m tempted to click preorder.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Mardroid

Mardroid Well-Known Member

I’m not keen on double-dipping at the Commander price level for a colour change, but he really does look awesome in these colours.

14. Vector Oracle

Vector Oracle PORKCHOP SANDWICHES!

News Credits:
    It’s better to preorder it and cancel if you change your mind than thinking about it for a while and missing out.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Omega FQ

Omega FQ Well-Known Member

Don’t snooze. I put two orders in for me and one for the kiddo. This is bound to be a classic. If not, a pretty cool one at least.

I have Seige Jetfire, and G1 Jetfire was my favorite growing up, so this hits all the marks for me.

• Like Like x 3
  16. JazzAlert13

Alright fine, you convinced.
    This is all your doing, I was totally not going to spend about $170 Canadian on this on my own volition oh no.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Omega FQ

Omega FQ Well-Known Member

Welcome to the dark side!

If this makes you feel any better, if you wind up not liking this SG Jetfire version, you can hold on to him for a year or so and I’m sure the resale value for an opened used in good shape figure will get you more than you originally paid.

But that’s just my opinion, and I think you’ll wind up keeping him. Best of luck!

• Like Like x 2
  18. JazzAlert13

Oh I’m 100% sure I’ll like him and if I do end up getting him than I’ll be keeping him. It’s just $170 is a pretty big number, you know?

19. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Besides hasbro pulse, which North American retailer is safe to order this guy? Maybe BBTS or TF Source?

20. SoundwaveSuperior

SoundwaveSuperior "The Scourge of the Sky"

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    It's a Hasbro Pulse exclusive in the US. BBTS probably won't carry it, and any US sites that do will have to import Asian stock, and will charge much more than Pulse.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 1