Shattered Glass Flamewar & Fireglide

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by payres, Jul 13, 2022.

1. InhumanElm

InhumanElm Beast Machines was pretty good IMO

Twitter:
    This hurts me deeply but damn if it ain't the truth ‍

• Like Like x 2
  2. ScorponokIsHere

ScorponokIsHere He is Arrived Indeed

News Credits:
    BW Ravage was NOT just a deluxe. He was a two pack, half of which was a reissue G1 toy with diecast and extra deco. Plus, you know, the cardboard diarama packaging.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Gepard

Gepard Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Two more years.

4. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Plus everything except his knees down and beast legs being unique tooling that hasn't seen any reuse

• Like Like x 1
  5. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

All the arguments in the world as to why, not interested in paying that much for a small deluxe and yet another reuse of that pterodactyl. I don't think I'm alone, but we'll just have to see whether there are enough people that love this thing to sell out before discounts hit. I won't be shocked if it does, but I'm totally saying "called it" if the discount thing happens.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Gepard

Gepard Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The world we're in where "this deluxe sized toy is mostly new tooling" counts as a reason for it to sell at 2x normal deluxe price.

• Like Like x 5
  7. Soundlips

Soundlips Defending Reactivate since 2020 loves Tinfoil Hats

News Credits:
    Next they'll do that with other good figures we want like Nautica or something and I then I'll be double pissed because they did it again.

And then begrudgingly get her because... well... it's a figure folks have been clamoring for.

So in the end, fuck you and I'll buy it again.

8. SeiberBirdR

SeiberBirdR Birbicon, Metal-Head

News Credits:
    At least it isn't the original SG pricing.

It is okay to complain about the upcharge. Personally I didn't hesitate a moment, so I'm sure I am part of the problem. The question is, am I willing to pay the price for a second so I can have both SG and regular universe Flamewar?

9. IgnikaMarcus

IgnikaMarcus Scale Charts are pointless.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Now then Hasbro, let's see Soundwave.

10. Fenrys

News Credits:
    It's a contributing factor when you take it in full context. It's largely a new mold, it's a single use mold, it was a con exclusive, it was packed with a G1 Ravage rerelease.

11. JS_Prime

JS_Prime Active Lurker

News Credits:
    I'll be waiting for the discount personally. I'll only begrudgingly pay full price if pulse's stock whittles down to the double digits

12. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Good grief!

When Legacy Prime Arcee was shown, I said I'd wait for Flamewar. It was always surprising to me that they did a tiny Flamewar but not a Deluxe in the Prime toyline, but it is what it is. But this? No. I'm willing to understand a lot more than the usual fan when it comes to the realism of pricing, but this is way too much. This is more than their older SG Voyagers and as much as their current Voyager. It's 85% the cost of two deluxes that's also being offered.

It's bad enough that they didn't do Flamewar as a larger retail or a Fan Channel exclusive where they could've made good money, it would've been less desirable but understandable had it been the same as SG Goldbug, but to pop it in a high price market exclusive and charge leader prices for it because of a mini-partner and a comic? Forget it. I'll do without.

3 Flamewars should never equal 1 Black Zarak.

A Hasbro sale and I'll reconsider, but otherwise I'll just let it go by.

• Like Like x 6
  13. Fenrys

News Credits:
    $25 deluxe + $7 battlemaster + $7 comic (assuming that the cost of a battlemaster hasn't increased since Siege or that the upcharge for the comic hasn't increased relative to the 1st SG series)= $39, so the price being charged on Pulse is really only $3 overcharged.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Autobot N

Autobot N Wants a Legacy Sunstorm

And before anyone says BUT BLASTER CAME WITH A SMALL GUY AT NO EXTRA COST, both Blaster and Eject turn into a rectangle which isn't as expensive to engineer as a vehicle

• Like Like x 2
  15. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    You're missing the point, why include Flamewar in SG at all? Why saddle her with a mini-partner weapon and a comic?

At what point did they feel that Flamewar couldn't sell as mass retail, offered as a store exclusive, offered as a fan channel exclusive, offered as a single SG figure all get bypassed to come to offering this?

• Like Like x 3
  16. Fenrys

News Credits:
    She was "saddled" with the partner weapon to replicate the bow weapon that her older figures had, which I think is actually pretty damn brilliant.
    Screenshot 2022-07-24 003111.png 300px-TL-toy_Flamewar.jpg Transformers-friday-morning-case-34.jpg Transformers-friday-morning-case-27.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  17. Blam320

Blam320 Assembly Inventor

News Credits:
    The pricing is absolutely ridiculous. Hasbro's lost a few marbles on this one. Instant turnoff.

• Like Like x 5
  18. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

To be fair, while Flame War might be more complex than a box, her partner turns into bow by basically just BEING the pterodactyl in her hands with the handle folded out. And even it's normal axe mode is a flip of the head after. It's a whole lot less than Eject, complexity and parts count combined.

Ditch the stupid comic, round down the price to $30 since you've used that battlemaster enough to earn it's mould, easy stuff. They did what they did, though, so whatever. Like I said, we'll see how it moves.

19. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    People are going nuts over $3. I understand if they don’t want the comic or battle master, but that’s the package that Hasbro put together and they felt it added value to the set. Just because someone doesn’t see that value or feel it’s not worth it to them doesn’t mean the value isn’t there. Don’t like it? Then, by all means, vote with your wallet. I love the Transformers with partners (headmasters, Minicons, action master partners, etc) so I think it’s awesome she comes with it. I haven’t preordered yet because I just have so much right now.. plus I have the second Botcon one. I may try to get the battle master from someone who doesn’t want it.

• Like Like x 5
  20. Gepard

Gepard Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Except Hasbro didn't do any engineering here; they took two existing toys and redecoed them, then overcharged for the set.

Some of y'all, I swear, Hasbro could stick a pineapple up your ass and you'd find a way to justify it.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2022
    • Like Like x 9