Shattered Glass Figures Regular Retail

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Maroyasha, Feb 11, 2014.

1. ACE STRIKER

ACE STRIKER Banned

Oh so your going to tell me 2012 was dead. Because i was there and it certainly was not dead. Your just a hater. Anyone can tell that by your post. So hate away.

2. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Lolwut.

First of all, the repaints are hardly the only reason that people go to Botcon. I went with a Protoform package, because the 2012 set was pretty terrible.

Second, calling people "haters" because they don't agree with you is immature and childish.

Third, it's "you're", not "your". "Your" is a possessive adjective, ex: "Your bicycle", "Your house", "Your boring Shattered Glass repaints", while "you're" is a contraction of "you" and "are".

3. ACE STRIKER

ACE STRIKER Banned

I called you a hater because that is how your post came across. As well as cocky and arrogant. Just as YOUR second post has came across as well. And I don't need your English lesson either. For the exact reasons stated above.

4. TheDemonDzko

TheDemonDzko Some Internet Guy

I'd gladly buy a Shattered Glass sub-line. If anything that is -exactly- what Generations / The Transformers franchise needs.

We haven't really had a good in-subline in awhile... I want to say since A/E/C with the Unicron Attacks, and Energon power ups. =O

5. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think a good use of Shattered Glass would be as a retailer-exclusive subline. Remember the "Dark Energon" subline on BBTS, with its own mini-storyline and a mix of all-new and homage decos?

Match made in heaven IMO. "Dark Energon" was too generic and dull, "Shattered Glass" is niche enough to be exciting, with a clear hook and pre-existing knowledge in the BBTS customer base.

6. ACE STRIKER

ACE STRIKER Banned

^^I like this idea.

7. HereticalHeresy

HereticalHeresy Decepticon

News Credits:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    I would actually like to see some original designs for some of the Shattered Glass characters, because the straight up repaints I'm not so fond of. So I'd like a retail release.

8. Edgewise

Edgewise Fanner

News Credits:
    This would seem to be the way to go, a way that has some potential. Regular retail lines have plenty of 'material' to get to without mining the Shattered Glass well.

Though this does assume that Hasbro and the Club would be cool with Hasbro using the SG concept. (I'm sure Hasbro has the legal right to do it, but being respectable professionals they might mention it to the Club and if FunPub didn't like it Hasbro could just move onto a different idea)

Plenty of retail releases have already been 're-purposed' as SG characters. SG Tracks was red/"Diaclone" Tracks, so why not call Crosscut SG Skids and bam... it's SG at retail. (Assuming Crosscut does show up at retail :p  )

9. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    "Haters" only exist in the minds of those who can't handle the fact that people don't like something they enthusiastically do.

If anything, I come off as cocky and arrogant towards Shattered Glass and the TFCC's magazine quality. You're getting up in arms like you work for FunPub or something.

Getting hostile in the most stereotypical internet fashion won't exactly earn you respect.

If you didn't need it, you wouldn't have gotten the words mixed up in the first place.

10. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    I'm a fan of Shattered Glass, but with the SG Junkions I think TFCC finished the line, that 3-pack was a home run. So unless they want to release Omega Doom, I'm set for SG.

11. ACE STRIKER

ACE STRIKER Banned

Well atleast we can agree on you coming across that way then. Maybe for different reasons but agreed on that. And I'm the most critical person on these boards when it comes to Funpub. So work for them no.

12. Maroyasha

Maroyasha IOU A Title

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I kinda take back my statement on the whole money maker idea. But if a few were released as like BBTS exclusives or a store exclusive. I think it could sell.

13. HereticalHeresy

News Credits:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Considering he was already pictured in the Collector's Club magazine alongside Tankor and Rattrap, and we've already seen his Dark Cybertron cover, there really isn't any need to think we're not getting him at retail. This isn't like Nightbeat who we still don't know, and just have the possibly fake image.

14. Edgewise

Edgewise Fanner

News Credits:
    " :p  " <--- That is a sign of saying something that might be a joke.

But I make the joke and point out the assumption of him coming out at retail based on the issue of the unknown status of the Legends Swerve & Cosmos who we've "known" were coming out at retail .... but have yet to show any sign of that or even be solicited through online retailers even though they were scheduled as an "October 2013" wave.

These waves are getting to the "overlap" period of Generations and Movie and while I assume he'll be coming out at retail I will not "know" that until he does. Sometimes things can get cancelled, pushed back, or perhaps only show up through online retails. Note, I did say "shows up at retail" specifically, not that he wouldn't be released at all... sometimes things can become de facto online exclusives.

If you check out the source, Nightbeat isn't a "possibly fake image", it's a photoshopped image leaked from a Japanese online toy site that has had early leaks of previous Hasbro products. It's reliable info.

My statement was mostly in jest, but also alluding to the difference between "planned to happen" and "has actually happened".... so chill. And don't start an argument about it ;) 

15. HereticalHeresy

News Credits:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    You're the one who wrote a quite lengthy response to something rather short. ;) 

16. Edgewise

Edgewise Fanner

News Credits:
    What I wrote that you quoted: 7 words

What you wrote in response to that: 51 words

What I quoted that you wrote: 51 words

What I wrote in response to that: 212 words

Your "inflation factor" of response: 51/7 = ~7.29

My "inflation factor" of response: 212/51 = ~4.16

Math!

17. HereticalHeresy

News Credits:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Is all of this bothering you that much that you actually set aside time in your life to write that? It's of course simple math, but jeez. Tell me, what did you accomplish, and what did you ever hope to accomplish? Are you trying to prove you're better than someone on the internet?

Seriously dude, calm down. All I did was respond to a statement you said.

18. TheShockwave48

TheShockwave48 Kinda sorta artist

News Credits:
    I'd like to see some non-Botcon exclusive SG stuff. But like others have said, it would probably do better as a BBTS exclusive.

19. Kidreaper

Kidreaper Reaper

I kinda liked SG but I really only fell in love with Classics SG Optimus deco. I would like to move on to something else.

20. Edgewise

Edgewise Fanner

News Credits:
    "To write all that", "Calm down".... I made very little effort and there's nothing "un-calm".

I realize I'm a fascinating guy, and people are bound to want to talk about me, but I think this discussion(and all threads) really needs to stay on-topic. So 1.) ignore-listed 2.) about the topic:

The idea of a retailer exclusive wave of SG figures could work, so here's an example in the style of Dark Energon using 'modern' molds(2 voyagers, 4 deluxes)):

Voyagers:
    Evil Springer (Gen. Sandstorm remold w/ Springer head in Astrotrain colors: gray/purple)
    Heroic Deathsaurus (Beast Hunters Grimwing in Star Saber colors with Blackbeak launcher in Victory Leo colors)

Deluxes:
    Evil Orion Pox (Gen. Orion Pax in SG Optimus colors)
    Evil Scoop (Gen. Scoop in Quake colors: red/gray/blue with TMs in black & purple)
    Heroic Skywarp (Gen/FOC Skywarp in Mirage's white/blue colors...so all 3 original seekers then have SG toys with 3 different bodies)
    Heroic Dreadwing (Gen Dreadwing in RID Dreadwing green/gray colors)

[I'm not terribly 'up' on the SG fiction and if any of these guys already have bodies/color schemes. Just created this list of ideas from a toy-centric POV. TFs get new bodies/color schemes all the time after all.]