Shattered Glass comics

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Saberblade, Jun 28, 2019.

1. Saberblade

Saberblade Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I am going to keep this short and sweet lol..I liked reading FUN PUN Shattered Glass and would like to read more. The idea of having the Autobots as villains and the Decepticons as the good guys, is pretty awesome and well executed. But I want to know, are there any other SG comics/novels? And where can I find the whole set.

2. Jalaguy

Jalaguy has no known physical weaknesses

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Yes, there's quite a lot of Shattered Glass fiction - it was one of the storylines that Fun Publications revisited most frequently during their tenure running BotCon and the Collectors' Club. Here's a guide for a recommended reading order:
    • Transformers Timelines #3 - "Shattered Glass"
    The original BotCon 2008 comic issue that launched the series. Sounds like this is the one you've already read.
    Late in 2008, they began continuing the Shattered Glass story via prose fiction. These are free to read on the Collectors' Club website, click the links to view them. The second prose story, "Do Over", leads into...
    • Transformers Collectors' Club: The Official Magazine #25-30 - "Reunification"
    ...the next comic-format story, "Reunification". This was serialised across issues #25 to #30 of the Collectors' Club magazine. The magazines are long-since out of print - if you can't obtain a print copy, try Googling something like "read transformers collectors club magazine" and you'll probably be able to find scans.
    Meanwhile, the prose stories on the club website continued, with the first one getting a two-page comic prelude. These take place during the events of "Reunification", showing what other characters were getting up to on Earth in the meantime.
    • Transformers Timelines #7 - "Invasion"
    The Shattered Glass story then moves forward into the BotCon 2012 comic "Invasion". This story is notable because it sees planet Earth from the Marvel Comics universe transported into the Shattered Glass universe, along with its many human and Transformer residents. Most Shattered Glass stories from this point on involve both Marvel and SG characters. Like with the club magazines, this issue is out of print - try searching "read transformers timelines" if you can't obtain a physical copy.
    • "Invasion: Epilogue" (page 1, page 2)
    • Transformers Collectors' Club: The Official Magazine #49-54 - "Beast Wars Shattered Glass"
    Spinning directly out of the events of "Invasion" is "Beast Wars Shattered Glass", which sees Autobots and Decepticons from the Marvel Comics universe accidentally catapulted back in time to prehistoric SG Earth. The story was teased in a two-page online comic featuring the TransTech Transformers, guardians of the multiverse, and then continued in issues #49 to #54 of the collectors' club magazine. As before, Google up the magazine issues if you need to.
    Meanwhile, other stories continued the present-day Shattered Glass story. "Solar Requiem" was a short comic packaged with e-HOBBY's exclusive SG Soundwave vs. SG Blaster toy set, and introduced a new character named Solarbot. That plot thread continues in a four-part series of prose stories named "Spatiotemporal Challengers". These stories focus on a team of GoBots (yes, those GoBots) who travelled to the Marvel Comics Earth shortly before it got pulled into the SG universe.
    • Transformers Collectors' Club: The Official Magazine #60-66 - "Another Light"
    The big Shattered Glass finale story was "Another Light", published across issues #60 to #66 of the collectors' club magazine. This story concludes most of the major plot threads in a great big SG homage to 1986's The Transformers: The Movie. As always, Google up the magazine issues if you need to.
    A few days before the collectors' club ended, Shattered Glass got one last story in the form of "Coalescence", another prose story on the club website. The main part of the story is set between the "Transhuman" prose story and the "Invasion" BotCon comic, wrapping up an unfinished storyline about the SG Underbase, but the epilogue then skips ahead in time to after "Another Light", tying off a few loose ends.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2019
    • Like Like x 14
  3. kmc

kmc Well-Known Member

Does Of Master and Mayhem count?

4. Jalaguy

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    I mean, it sort of follows on from Another Light, yeah, but beyond one brief cutaway it doesn't actually feature the SG universe or SG Transformers. And the final epilogue from Coalescence kinda covers some of the same info from that cutaway anyway, so I'm content to exclude it from a tailored reading list.

5. Princess Maker

Princess Maker Member

You can find the list on the Transformers Wiki (yes, there is in fact a wiki for everything now!)

6. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    I would also like more, but I was put off by the fact that some stories were mostly prose. I think the last I read was unification. Or that one were they crossed over to the regular universe and it got really weird. I wish they would redo the stories in between as full comics.

7. Deathcatg

Deathcatg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I wonder if there's any chance of IDW getting some sort of agreement with Fun Publications to reprint the original comics into modern collections.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Jalaguy

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    IDW very likely could reprint Fun Pub material - they've done plenty of reprints of other companies' Transformers comics. It's Hasbro that retains ownership of the material, not Fun Pub.

But more important is whether IDW would want to reprint Fun Pub material. Even if there was demand for what are ultimately very obscure stories, the nature of Fun Pub's ongoing series - frequently incorporating prose as well as comics, and full of interdimensional crossovers between separate storylines - would make them very difficult to reprint in a coherent format.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I had heard that Spiderman and the Invisible Woman had cameos in the 2012 BotCon comic, but I didn't believe it until I looked and saw them.

Screenshot_20210606-085359.png

10. supernova222

supernova222 junkion

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i'd love if one hasbro had the cahonas to put it on screen

11. Megastar

Megastar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Those are obviously cosplayers since they're not bothering to help.

12. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    As I recall Dazzler was also known to exist in the Marvel Transformers comic, which was the world used as the basis for this world. Her music was played on the radio in one issue.