Heavy/Scratch: shapeways - Xovergen Powermaster Prime Upgrade Parts

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by chroma23, Jul 30, 2013.

1. chroma23

chroma23 douchbag

Facebook:
    shapeways - Xovergen Powermaster Optimus Prime Upgrade Parts

i have been working on a number of upgrades for the 3rd party Powermaster Optimus prime, which consists of classics optimus prime + xovergen trailerforce masterarmor. some of the parts enhance aesthetics while some address stability issues

Parts list:
    Leg Panels - G1 style panels that attach to the lower leg to boost the leg width

Mini Cannon Brackets - L-shaped brackets that enhances stability of the pegs on the mini cannons - in both upright and perpendicular configurations

Shoulder Cannon Fillers - Hides the peg between the shoulder cannon and shoulder and better integration between the two

Smokestacks - Smokestacks for Classics OP mold, works in both vehicle and robot modes

Sculpted Powermaster Engine - a "faux" sculpted G1 powermaster engine that attaches to the front of the Classics OP truck mode, works in vehicle mode only

G1 Hi-Q Engine Bracket - same as above but you can place a G1 powermaster Hi-Q figure instead. It is bulkier however

View Youtube video here:

Shapeways Xovergen Trailerforce Masterarmor Upgrades - by Chroma Hands - YouTube

ORDER FROM SHAPEWAYS HERE:

Leg panels only: Xovergen MasterArmor Leg Panel Upgrade by chromahands on Shapeways
    Mini Cannon Brackets only: Xovergen MasterArmor Mini-Cannon Bracket Upgrade by chromahands on Shapeways
    Shoulder Cannon Fillers only: Xovergen MasterArmor Shoulder Cannon Filler by chromahands on Shapeways
    Smokestacks only: Classics Truck Smokestacks by chromahands on Shapeways
    Sculpted Powermaster Engine only: Xovergen MasterArmor Sculpted Engine Bracket by chromahands on Shapeways
    G1 Hi-Q Figure Bracket only: Xovergen MasterArmor G1 Engine Figure Bracket by chromahands on Shapeways

questions or comments are welcome!

Attached Files:

2. jbz

jbz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    looks awesome. Never got around to getting this, but I think it looks cool The hands for Classics Optimus are great

3. Dr. Killinger

Dr. Killinger Plastic Surgeon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I will definitely buy 02 and 03, but is there anything you can come up with that will allow to attach OPs gun and cab-top to the Trailerforce? Having those parts laying around really bothers me to no end when they have the 5mm ports but nothing to really attach to.

4. chroma23

chroma23 douchbag

Facebook:
    I can see 2 ways to address that but im all ears to other ideas:

- create a weapon handle for combined mode hands that will attach to the combined smokestack gun+ wind vane weapon, but then my intention was to ditch the smokestack gun altogether in favor of my 01 smokestacks, and what will u do with the leftover big gun?
    - create 5mm ports on 05 side leg panels as kind of weapon storage in robot mode....or create an attachment part at the back to store the extra weapons

And pls understand that 03 is currently a low priorty for me because it doesnt affect combined mode, and its very delicate given its size which makes it difficult to design n engineer especially with holding 5mm weapons. I will definitely revisit the voyager hands but not in the near future til the other parts of this projects r in good shape

5. Dr. Killinger

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was thinking maybe something like this, attaching it to the arm:

[​IMG]

Or to the top of the back, this sort of gives it a more armored look:
    [​IMG]

6. chroma23

chroma23 douchbag

Facebook:
    I can do first pic, though there will be a variation in regards to whether one is keeping the blue forearm panels or not. It seems that my config keeps them while u pop the hands off the blue forearm panels n insert them into the arms themselves

Second pic will interfere my 01 smokestacks unless i put it in an angle from the back, just like how classics prime does it

7. Dr. Killinger

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I didn't realize the smoke stacks sat so close together in the Super form, but just don't do this on account on me, after all there are others here who have this guy who can also chime in with other ideas :thumbs2: 

8. shadeozero

shadeozero Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Wow like what you are doing here, how about a way to combine the g1 apex armor with him like some pieces, I know the chest shield already works, the reason I say this is even though they said they were going to release a set Im not holding my breath.

9. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Beardy Boyo!

Ebay:
    Pretty cool

10. cheetor71

cheetor71 Autobot

This looks pretty damn good.

11. blaynescott

blaynescott Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Really cool work here. I was wondering when someone would do some Shapeways add-ons for this 3rd party figure.

Curious though: Is the image below showing the bracket on the side of the leg...

combine03.jpg

... Somehow able to anchor the trailer blue pieces to each leg? (Thus widening it?)

The 5mm-ish screwholes on the legs and the 5mm pegs on the trailer shell pieces kind-of-sort-of line up (1 or 2 do), as you can see in this fanmode I posted a while ago for the Xovergen PM Prime:
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...6069-xovergen-trailerforce-fan-mode-pics.html

I've also attached 2 of the images from that posting to this one for reference.
    27342345d1359161714-xovergen-trailerforce-fan-mode-pics-trailerforce_xovergen_powermaster_prime_.jpg 27342347d1359161714-xovergen-trailerforce-fan-mode-pics-trailerforce_xovergen_powermaster_prime_.jpg

Can you (or have you?) designed something that (a lattice work of some kind?) would allow the shell pieces to firmly attach to the legs? The way I display mine lets the figure hold them on, but with any substantial movement of the legs, they currently pop off.

A design that anchors them in bot mode would be so very awesome.

12. chroma23

chroma23 douchbag

Facebook:
    Sorry, no plans to integrate those oversize and too-thin trailer covers, i think they will ruin aesthetics of the combined robot mode. What i am intending to do with my "frame" is to sculpt those grey panels seen on g1 powermaster prime, will be an independent aesthetic only piece

That said, im currently on vacation n dont hv the toy with me, i will take alook next week

13. shadeozero

shadeozero Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Any idea when the other stuff is going to be released or teased? You should really think of a way on how to use apex armor g1 with it, as I doubt will be getting a xovergen version.

14. chroma23

chroma23 douchbag

Facebook:
    I will prolly release the following items in order:
    - side panels (mounting works perfectly as u can see in photos)
    - cab engine (mounting not secure in cab robot mode yet, need tweaks)
    - combined mode wrists

At this point i will release the parts as a set on shapeways

- perhaps any wishlist or requests worth pursuing in my opinion
    - classics prime cab hands

No plans YET to do any godbomber parts as im not a believer of spending time in creating something that gets repeated (look at mp soundwave), but im going to give xovergen some time to release godarmor before deciding if i want to take on the issue on my own

But xovergen should really widen their distribution of masterarmor, currently not many online retailers carry it, i wonder why......

15. blaynescott

Ebay:
    Agreed, if you keep the ball-jointed feet on. I removed mine, instead making it look closer to the G1 equivalent with the small trailer wheels near the 'toes'. The look is a closer match to the original than without. I still wish the Xovergen had those flip-doors/trailer panels though in the original. Alas.

Differ looks for different people - it's too bad there's not more support for this mold out there - you're the first person to do anything with it that I've seen.

16. chroma23

chroma23 douchbag

Facebook:
    Actually i was brought my prototype to tfcon last week to show to echotransformer, n he said he was thinking about making something to widen the legs, but his vision is much closer to mine - with the mini cannons attached to the ankles like my first photo in the first post. So im sure im not the first person to think about this.

No plans to make the panels to flip open to work in trailer mode; will make it way too expensive to create

17. chroma23

chroma23 douchbag

Facebook:
    can i ask you how you removed the ball jointed feet out? i wanted to take it out so i can tighten the ankle ball joint with some nail polish but there seems to be no screws on the feet and i dont want to break or permanently damage anything...

18. chroma23

chroma23 douchbag

Facebook:
    hi all, been away from home for vacation for a week so never gotten a chance to look at this project until now, have some ideas and feedback would be nice before i start going back to modelling this weekend

19. blaynescott

Ebay:
    I just pulled mine straight off. No plastic stress or fracturing. I can also pop them back on, but I prefer to use those long ankle joint as a 'heel' of sorts with the feet resting in my accessories bin.

20. OptimusTimelord

OptimusTimelord Masterpiece Reanimator

Looks good, but my main problem with this figure (the reason I don't own it!) is the alt mode's failure to look like Prime's trailer. I know you've said it would be expensive, but I'd love to see you use those leg panels you're creating as actual trailer panels like the G1 version; if it can be done it would be a huge improvement IMO.