ShanLan's Nitpicky Mixed Collection

Discussion in 'Transformers Collection Showcase' started by ShanLan, May 14, 2018.

1. ShanLan

ShanLan I is a WerWilf

Hey everybody!
    FINALLY forced myself to unbox and display my collection properly. It's not nearly as impressive as most collections I've seen here, but I'm proud of my modest one.

My collection follows many rules, which helps keep my buying in check :D 
    I try to get only one version of each G1 character, must be toon accurate colours. I also have a mixed scale collection of MPs, Voyagers, Deluxe and Legends. I know that the scale on some compared to others might look wonky to some, but I think a mini-bot in the G1 cartoon can be a Legends size bot on my shelves. Or the coneheads can be deluxe size :) 

I'm sure I will do some more swapping, but for now I'm happy. The list of bots I still need gets smaller every year (COME ON CLIFFJUMPER!!)

Thanks for looking :)  TransformersCollection2.JPG TransformersCollection3.JPG TransformersCollection4.JPG TransformersCollection1.JPG

• Like Like x 5
  2. omagaprime

omagaprime Well-Known Member

Very nice setup. It looks good.

3. Venixion

Venixion Its always the middle of the night in Moonside

News Credits:
    You must have very different interpretations of a modest collection. Looks great!:thumb 

4. Furnace

Furnace Ant-droid at a picnic

That is a wonderful collection!

5. Eclisses

Eclisses Communication is a funny thing...

Curious,

I've been wanting to get proper mp scaled Dinobots. I noticed yours on top shelf. Look beautiful. Which 3p company did those come from? And how do you feel about them? Build quality, mold detail, transformation. Anything else. Lol

Also, I have to agree with Venixion. My opinion of a modest collection is a bit different. Looks great, good job.

6. ShanLan

ShanLan I is a WerWilf

Thanks everybody :)  Haha, yeah, I guess "modest" is in the eye of the beholder. Half the fun of collecting is drooling over other collector's shelves.... I'm always blown away by folks who have setups that have loose G1, boxed G1, diaclone, and MPs of each character displayed together. Always looks so clean and classy ;) 

Thanks! Yeah, I'm happy with my MP scale dinobot choices. The Grimlock is Hasbro, the others are the original Fanstoys releases.

My favorite is still the Fanstoys Scoria. I know the newer version has the "matching gold" head, and the shape of the body and headsculpt have been remolded so he doesn't look as clunky, but it was the beautiful butter-yellow chrome of the first release that sold me.
    All my dinobots have slightly different coloured gold chrome, which used to bother me alot, but I have gotten used to it over the years.

I see no need to upgrade my Hasbro Grimlock, because although Fanstoys did a massive version of him to complete the set;
    1) I prefer them in dino-mode, so robot height doesn't matter to me and
    2) I'm not a millionaire. That Grinder ain't cheap :D 

Quality wise, the joints are still sturdy, chrome is still lovely. Transformations aren't particularly frustrating or difficult (unlike transforming my Apollyon, that had me sweating buckets!) When transforming the Swoop, you need to be careful of the plastic kneecaps, but other than that, he's fine.

I know that since these dinos were released, Gigapower did their own massive and beautiful set....is that set done, or are we still waiting for the stegosaurus? Those guys are cool, but they don't really suit the rest of my collection. I try for slightly simpler looking designs, whereas the Gigapower designs look a bit too massive and detailed for my tastes. But to each their own, I have a friend who is trying to decide between the two which set he should complete.

7. Eclisses

Thanks for the info. I had a feeling those were FT I just wasn't sure. Problem for me is, they won't be available in g1 deco when I'm ready to buy. Already sold out everywhere. >_< .

Speaking of Grinder. I am gonna try to go for the re release coming up. If incanI have a whole mp dino team. Than I want my Grimlock next to my mp 10 to be yuuge. As Trump would say. Lol

8. Eclisses

Stupid tiny keyboard s. I was trying to say, if I cannot have the whole dino team, than one grinder will do.

Again, beautiful collection.

9. ShanLan

ShanLan I is a WerWilf

No problem ;)  Yeah, if you're gonna get just a Grimlock, it's go big or go home :D