Shadow Fisher upgrade kits for MP-10

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, May 5, 2015.

1. Kilowog

Kilowog ORA ORA ORA

Ebay:
    so has no one tried this?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Matt Booker

Matt Booker Fantasy Adventure Author

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    It fits on the KFC hands, so it should fit on the Eness hands. It's not as good as the stock hands, in that it's not as snug and it doesn't sit completely down to the base of the forearm, but it fits well enough to hold poses and look good.

3. TrueHeresy

TrueHeresy Well-Known Member

So I ordered these from tf-direct, but there was no Autobot emblem in the box for the left arm (searched the box a lot) and they've offered me a sticker sheet - is that good enough, is the emblem supposed to be in the box raised? Not sure what to do really :/

4. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC color go brrrr

News Credits:
    Their is no emblem. The idea is to take the original out of mp10's regular shoulder, shave the two nubs off its underside and then glue it on the new shoulder. Its only slightly held on the original with some cheap glue and can easily be poked out once you disassemble the shoulders.

Or yes, alternatively just put a sticker in there.

• Like Like x 1
  5. TrueHeresy

Oh! I thought from what others had said there was meant to be an emblem included. I guess I'll try the sticker, and if it's really isn't good enough I'll try and figure out how to push the other one out.

6. Matt Booker

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    There was an Autobot insignia included with my order from BBTS. It wasn't in the product's packaging, but was in a baggie in the shipping box. It's a raised insignia just like the official version has, and I wouldn't accept a sticker as a replacement unless you'd prefer that.

~Matt Booker

• Like Like x 1
  7. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC color go brrrr

News Credits:
    Seriously? well shit I probably threw mine out then, damn it. Though I usually am very thorough with my shipping boxes and certainly don't recall any extra baggies, hmm.

The symbols are trademarked so I don't see how sf could manufacture a solid one and not risk running in to legal problems with that also. Gahhh.

8. Matt Booker

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Yeah, I was surprised they did that. It's an exact replica of the symbol on MP10, and is raised plastic with nice paint an adhesive back so it fit exactly into the space on the shoulder.

~Matt Booker

9. Kinoko

Kinoko Mushroom Princess

I like the smokestacks and Matrix.. not sure about the arm mod.

To those of you who have this kit + the Eness hands. Does Shadow Fisher's Energon Axe fit at all on top of the Eness hands?

Last edited: Nov 25, 2016
  10. Kilowog

Kilowog ORA ORA ORA

Ebay:
    Got these and installed them. I dig them a lot, I can live with the arms the same way I can live with the legs on the MP-13

my one big issue is that in truck mode the cab doesnt tab into the legs anymore so its floppy compared to when the stock arms are included

11. TrueHeresy

So, the update to the emblem situation is - there is no way I'm getting one from tf-direct (not that I blame them!). Is there any kind of contact out there who can sell an emblem on its own? I really will have to switch back without the emblem, I don't feel like destroying the stock for the mod...

12. TrueHeresy

I don't have the Eness hands, but I can say that the LED gimmick is actually really nicely integrated, the head as well.

13. Kilowog

Kilowog ORA ORA ORA

Ebay:
    the axe fits better on the eness hands than the stock axe ever did on the kfc hands at the very least

14. Kinoko

Kinoko Mushroom Princess

Oh, I imagine it's pretty awesome when it's lit up! It's just that I already have the Nonnef eyes on my Takara and I won't see it on 99% of the time..

I'd love to see a pic of how well the SF axe fits over the Eness hands!

15. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If you're not interested in modding the original shoulder piece, I think your options are either to use a white outline Autobot symbol reprolabel, or get one of the Ocean Plastic symbols designed for the Weijiang MPP10. These symbols are a little too large to fit in the Shadow Fisher recess by about 1mm, but maybe you could live with having it raised and fixing it to the shoulder somehow.

Ocean Plastic Pure Red Autobot logo for Weijinag MPP10 only! | eBay

16. MeisterAl

MeisterAl Well-Known Member

I'm planning on purchasing SF-M01B (the replacement arms) for my Hasbro Masterpiece Optimus Prime, but I can only find the Japanese version online. Does anyone know if the red plastic of Takara Tomy's MP-10 Convoy matches the red plastic of Hasbro's Masterpiece Optimus Prime?

17. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The Takara version, from what I can tell, is painted. However, the reds are virtually identical, and it takes some effort to distinguish which is which.

• Like Like x 1
  18. MeisterAl

MeisterAl Well-Known Member

Alright, thanks for the quick response.

19. Haydenite

Haydenite Ratchet Joints

IMG_20161227_210712_.jpg

Because it just looks so cool !!

• Like Like x 3
  20. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    Easiest to ask in this thread: does anyone have one of these right shoulders to sell? The one without the autobot insignia. Either the SF piece or the original Takara one would do me fine, I imagine for people who've installed this you might not need to keep both. I'd buy the set but I don't want to pay $40 for the entire forearms, axe and stacks together, I just need a spare shoulder plate.

Thanks all :thumb