Shadow Fisher upgrade kits for MP-10

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, May 5, 2015.

1. MP Collector

MP Collector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I put the battery in one of the matrix units yesterday. It took a little experimenting to get the battery situated perfectly, but once you do, it is a great little accessory. I think I am going to order a few more of these just to have them.

2. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    These are FINALLY in stock at TF Source! I can't even remember how long ago I ordered it but it seems like this has taken forever. Just the light up head and matrix for me.
    Here's hoping they send me the Takara version like I ordered and not the Hasbro... :eek: 

3. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Will they be doing a Hasbro version of the light up parts?

4. byk500

byk500 Well-Known Member

Damn, I just shipped my order and would have bought these suckers. Oh well, shadow fisher and TF source lost my business on this one, I may not be buying till Christmas

5. Starganderfish

News Credits:
  6. 143999

143999 Well-Known Member

Finally got my Hasbro head and matrix. Kind of disappointed that the matrix isn't diecast, but oh well. Wish they'd release the matrix by itself, maybe even in like a 3-pack or something.

7. Starganderfish

News Credits:
    Diecast probably wouldn't work as it has to come apart for batteries, plus metal conducts electricity so you'd have to pretty much coat the inside to prevent the battery shorting out. Would have been awesome if it was chromed silver and bronze on the outside though!!

And I would definitely be up for a three pack. Between Prime, Magnus, Hot Rod, Rodimus, Galvatron and Scourge we need a lot of Matrix's (Plus one for Grimlock to satisfy that guy on the boards who keeps demanding a Matrix Chamber:lol :lol :lol )

8. rubadubspawn

rubadubspawn Rubadubspawn deals @ [email protected]

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Now that these have been out for awhile - what is everybody's take? I wanted to pick up the head and matrix for the longest time - but for $30? That's almost a 1/3 of the way towards a full size figure, so I always get sidetracked...

Anybody recommend or regret their purchase?

9. kaszal

kaszal Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I haven't fitted mine but I think I like the arms and stacks more than the light up features. For me the proportions and nice stacks are more important than the occasional light up gimmick.

10. rubadubspawn

rubadubspawn Rubadubspawn deals @ [email protected]

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Sell me your head and matrix :)  I like knowing I can light it up even if I never do...

11. Skrunklemin

Skrunklemin cool dude attitude

Just got this set recently and I can't recommend it enough. The proportions are SO much better (this is especially clear when MP-10 is around other figures). The Eness hands top it all off very nicely :) 

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  12. JLOJ

JLOJ Transformative

News Credits:
    That looks great. I have the smoke stacks and light up accessories ordered for mine. I also have the Eness hands they are fantastic.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
  13. kaszal

kaszal Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    That's an awesome looking Optimus Prime!

14. Dunedain

Dunedain Winter is coming

I dig em all. I picked up everything, the head and matrix, the forearms, and stacks too.

I paid $20 w free shipping from ebay, for the head/matrix set, and I think its worth that. For $30, maybe a little remorse, but worth it.

I forgot what I paid for the stacks and arms, but they look awesome when put on.

I recommend them all. As others have said, I REALLY wish you could buy a bunch of the light up matrix, though. I would buy like 10 of them from China, if I could.

15. Starganderfish

News Credits:
    No regrets for me. I only have the head and matrix. I'm fine with Primes arms as they are and think the extra length is preferable to the forearm kibble.
    Every now and then I turn off he lights and power up the head and matrix, Shockwaves laser TW Devy's head and it's very cool. The price is a bit steep but an extra matrix is always welcome. Things like this and articulated hands are great to throw in your cart to bring you up to free shipping levels or round out the total.

16. Tryptlock

Tryptlock Well-Known Member

Got this on Tuesday; finally had time to install it today.

This kit looks great in person. The panels on the forearms don't really seem to stick out as much in-hand as they do in pictures, IMO. I think the new arms and smokestacks make MP-10 look better when posing with the axe, too.

17. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A bit of silly question here but I'm trying to see if getting the light up eye kit is really worth it.
    If you paint the light up eyes blue will the light still shine to a decent level? I painted the dark eyes of my Xtransbots Andras blue with paint sharpie and the light still shines through well, although I stuck a piece of aluminum foil in the head to better focus the light through the eyes as Vangelus demonstrated in his Andras video review.
    I just don't like the empty look of the eyes when the light isn't on.

18. ParaChomp

ParaChomp I am what I am

Unless you want to reenact scenes, no. The batteries are also impossible to find in stores. I did get some on Amazon.

I don't mind my lack of the new arms on my figure but what I got matches my Year of the Horse version well. There's a slate of bright red that sticks out but I don't mind it. It looks great.

19. Haydenite

Haydenite Ratchet Joints

I only bought them for the Matrix, I have the head but doubt I will use it for MP10. Probably end up using it for modding.

20. kaszal

kaszal Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    It's on my eBay now buddy. Comes with batts too!