Shadow Fisher upgrade kits for MP-10

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, May 5, 2015.

1. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

I don't really see the improvement. In fact, I think the modifications make the figure look worse. That piece that flips out of the arm and becomes the "mudflap" to the truck tires looks less integrated now that there's a round hinge.

In robot mode, that same piece used to be very well integrated into Prime's arm. Now, there's arm kibble.

The new upper arms add to a more bumpy and less-smooth rear to the truck.

The smokestacks are fatter than MP-10...but what's the point? It already looks fine with its existing smokestacks.

2. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't see the point of either the augmented arms pieces or bigger smokestacks. That's just me. I'd just go for the light up eyes/matrix.

3. grymg

grymg Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Anyone know how many button cells go in the head? I want to see if I can use my soap reactor with it.

4. XIII

XIII Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Can't understand why you say TFS is crap.

They don't charge sales tax. The don't charge import fees. They don't charge extra for "collector" packaging, it's included in all preorders. They offer free shipping for orders over $150. They give store credit (Source Points) points for every purchase (I got a free Xtransbots Andras at one point. Usually I use points to upgrade my shipping). The give amazing customer service (so long as you are nice and not nasty like the jerks that always bash them here on the forums. I get parts and entire replacements in no time.). Unlike BBTS on all counts.

And... they don't charge cancelation fees for preorders. Just set up an account and use the "stack". No need to prepay. When it arrives in stock, pay with paypal. I cancel stuff all the time. No problems

5. Jtotheiso187

Jtotheiso187 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

6. Megatron118

Megatron118 Excelsior! Moderator

News Credits:
    I'd like to get the arm upgrade simply because it makes his arms more proportional to the rest of his body. While the kibble isn't accurate, it doesn't look terrible either.

The head upgrade is a double-edged sword, because it looks nice when the eyes are lit up, but otherwise he seems dead. The painted eyes on the Hasbro version are better overall, IMO; but the lit up eyes do look great when they're on. Same for the matrix chamber

7. unexistance

unexistance 60:1 scale human in Diaclone world

Metal smokestacks will last longer compared to current white plastic ones :D  trust me

8. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC color go brrrr

News Credits:
    Don't care about the arm kibble. Actual mal-proportion is infinitely uglier and worse than arm kibble which is what the original had; stupid looking ugly forearms that were almost twice as long as they should be.

Not sure what you're talking about with a lack of smoothness. Looks identical to me. I love the new smoke stacks, they look way way nicer.

This set rekindled my enjoyment of MP10. I'd barely touched him in years and now I can't stop messing with the thing again cause he looks so much better and cooler now.

9. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm Aus based so sales tax, import fees, free delivery blah blah blah is irrelevant to me. I'm also not eligible for their rewards program being outside of US so in spite of more than $1000 spent, no benefit there. Their International shipping is ludicrously expensive, their delivery is super slow (last package came via Mexico), and their customer support is abysmal. Got charged $25 for a missing piece on one of my TW Constructicons because I missed their (unpublished) 30 day deadline for warranty claims. Piece could only be installed by disassembling the figure so it's not something I could have "lost" and tried to scam a new one. And when the piece did arrive (it's the size of a thumb-nail and I was charged $14 for shipping) it arrived in a box large enough to carry an MP carbot. And before you ask, yes I was ludicrously polite and understanding and bent over backwards to give them a chance to provide proper customer support - they weren't interested.
    I know Americans are used to being screwed over on customer warranty but here in Aus, retailers are legally mandated to provide a full warranty for defective products - no 30 day limit is allowed.
    I've gotten better customer service from AmiAmi and they barely speak English.
    But this is all purely my situation, no-one elses. You may get great service.
    After several screw-arounds from them, they no longer even rate on my possible retailer list. Rather go to eBay. At least Paypal provides proper customer protection.

But back on topic, are US retailers ever going to receive this in stock?

10. kaszal

kaszal Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Agree with your comment about proportion - difficult to explain but it's important to me too. Can't wait to install this on my Takara MP-10.

11. Matt Booker

Matt Booker Fantasy Adventure Author

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I haven't got the set yet, but those reasons are exactly why I ordered it.

The new kibble on the arms looks fine to me, and it's not any worse than the extra kibble on the legs from the wheels.

~Matt Booker

12. Haydenite

Haydenite Ratchet Joints

While I did get the matrix-eyes set, just sitting in the cupboard atm. Just waiting in some batteries, I think the long arm issues could have been sufficiently dealt with by moulding new lower legs, this would include wheels already attached.

Simply by extending the lower portion in the exact likeness as MPP10 or even the down scaled MP10V, the mis-proportioned anatomy would be corrected without adding any extra kibble.

While I think this is a great idea, it seems that the arm shortening concept was decided to be the better choice, and then mass produced !!!!

I don't hate it, but at the same time, I don't feel it either.
    I'll just stick with lights until the legs get an upgrade...
    It's gonna happen !!

13. Fallout

Fallout Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    wow, these are on my radar now i guess. shit, just when i need to start saving money for other non-tf stuff and some good arms for optimus come up. i'll have to get these sometime

14. Dunedain

Dunedain Winter is coming

Does anyone know if the light up eyes/matrix sets, come with batteries? Or do they have to be separately ordered?

Also, if they do NOT come with them, does anyone know which batteries they use?

Thanks in advance to whoever knows.

15. Haydenite

Haydenite Ratchet Joints

it's on the back of the package... no batteries pre-installed.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

16. Dunedain

Dunedain Winter is coming

Thanks man, appreciate the info. I ordered all the Shadow Fisher upgrade kits, but not batteries. So, thanks to your info, I just ordered some batteries, this way I can "use" the kits when I receive them from China.

17. ZEGR

ZEGR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I might get the matrix and the new head..Other than that it doesnt look mch of an upgrade to me

18. daimchoc

daimchoc TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  19. kaszal

kaszal Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I like the proportions - the arm kibble kind of "balances" the chunkier smoke stacks.

20. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    These are nice pics. Who is this GuanCheng fellow? Does he have picture gallery somewhere like Facebook or Instagram?

Same here. No need for extra arm kibble or bigger smoke stacks. Does anyone know if there will be lighter blue head for the Hasbro version of MP Prime?