SH Figuarts Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Roanstalker, Nov 19, 2009.

1. borgified

borgified You're going to get speared to death!

News Credits:
    Managed to track this Showa bike after missing it the first time round.
    DSC01070.jpg

From AmiAmi (Box B, Item B) for roughly 4,500 yen and now need to get Hakaider or Gills (most likely).

2. Raiju

Raiju Oh, thank heaven for 7-11! Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    SHF Bucky (Winter Soldier) and Iron Man Mk VII arrived for me earlier today. Just need the Mk I to complete my 1-7 Hall of Armors.

• Like Like x 2
  3. borgified

News Credits:
    Isn't Iron Man Mk.7 to be released next month from what I understand? Unless NY or other TWE providers have their stock already and shipping it out right now as I type this.

4. Raiju

Raiju Oh, thank heaven for 7-11! Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    I live in Tokyo and SHF products get released pretty fast if not first here in Japan.

I honestly wasn't expecting Bucky to arrive so soon/at the same time (IM Mk 7 I was expecting since I got an email notice for him).

Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  5. NSJ23

NSJ23 Not today Chumly, not today.

i need that MK7..... it and gotenks are in stock at nipponyassan. don’t have funds to get MK7 and i’m waiting for cdJapan to ship gotenks

6. Tking22

Tking22 Active Member

NY emailed me this morning my Figuarts Bucky and MK7 are on the way, they just released in Japan, so yes, they are out and about. Bluefin stock will release next month, more then likely at the end of the month, some Figuarts Bluefin stuff takes forever to get in stock, I waited over a month after release of Fat Buu to get mine from BBTS.

7. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    Well BBTS just lost my sale on Gotenks lol...

• Like Like x 1
  8. borgified

News Credits:
    Speaking of Iron Man MK.7, I just found this review.

Even Bucky makes a cameo! :D 

Edit: For Kamen Rider Kiva fans, I did more digging in regards on the Tamashii Webpage.

ウェイクアップ!「S.H.Figuarts(真骨彫製法)仮面ライダーキバ キバフォーム」11月1日より店頭予約解禁! : S.H.Figuarts(エス・エイチ・フィギュアーツ) スタッフブログ

Pre-orders on this November (I believe the same time for the HMR VF-4 for those who are Macross fans).

Last edited: Oct 27, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  9. thedrknss48

thedrknss48 Veteran

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
  11. wheeljack01

wheeljack01 Happiness is a warm gun

Does anyone know why BBTS never put up a New Hope Pricess Leia preorders? I see them on EBay and on some Japanese websites, so I was shocked that BBTS didn’t have them. They usually get Preorders up for all the figures, even if it is a web exclusive(at a higher price), but they still get them. Just very odd.

12. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    SHFs have gotten to be really tough sales since prices broke about $40. With Leia being a web exclusive, they were probably looking at a price near $80 or $90. SHFs are nice but not that nice. I ordered a few to soften the blow on shipping but it's a pyrrhic victory.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus I'm simply one hell of a butler. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    While this is true it would definitely be the first time BBTS has skipped a figure (especially one as "in demand" as supposedly this Leia is) due to this. They even put Dooku up recently at the inflated "Hasbro won't let Bluefin bring these over" price. Makes me wonder if maybe they had trouble getting preorders for her. I only say that as she's been a highly "in demand" figure since the line started. Perhaps, the demand was actually there for a change.

14. Tking22

Tking22 Active Member

BBTS never stocked her or Revenge of the Sith Obi for some odd reason, neither were web exclusive or Japan only either.

Leia isn't web exclusive, which makes her absence even more odd.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus I'm simply one hell of a butler. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Oh? I thought Leia was a web exclusive. Now that you mention it they didn't get RotS Obi-Wan either did they and I know he wasn't a web exclusive. My best guess would be they just couldn't source those two for some reason.

16. RKillian

News Credits:
    I checked TFsource and they don't have a listing for Leia either. They tend to follow BBTS's lead on pricing and stock. So it could be a trend here, like I said, with SHF sales slowing.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Nope, as I unfortunately preordered her from AmiAmi. I wish I hadn't now because the new Leia figure I saw at Target looks so much superior to the Figuarts ANH version, but there's no point in me buying that one when I'm going to be getting the Figuarts one.

• Like Like x 1
  18. RKillian

News Credits:
    Besides wanting a good ANH Leia you mean. I don't particularly care for the use of scrap cloth on Hasbro's take on her.

19. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    No, I didn't want ANH Leia to begin with. I don't care for that design. I only want one version of each character in my collection and right now neither Leia nor Han are the versions I prefer. At least I have Jedi Luke and obviously it C3PO, Chewie, and R2 are the same throughout the trilogy. In fact, the only reason I bought the Hasbro one is because she was the last character left to have the main six heroes from the OT. I preordered the Figuarts version because I felt it would be an improvement over the Hasbro one and now Hasbro went and released a superior figure to that one. Though, still not my preferred design.

20. Geof7609

Geof7609 Brake Pioneer

Yeah, as iconic as her ANH look is, I've always liked her Bespin (Escape) look the most, so I'm really happy that Hasbro finally made that version in 6" form. Even happier that they did it after starting up the digital face printing. At this point, I think Hasbro's actually surpassing Tamashii in terms of how their figures look. SHF figures generally use fully painted faces as a base to apply the digital printing on, but the slightly translucent PVC that Hasbro's currently using for faces seems to really nail that human appearance when combined with the printing. Veers, Leia, ESB Han, these are all spectacular likenesses, and unless Tamashii somehow outdoes them, I won't be needing any other versions of these characters again.