SH Figuarts Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Roanstalker, Nov 19, 2009.

1. MaccyG

MaccyG Well-Known Member

General FYI: All SHF Marvel figs (obvs bar Hulkbuster / Buck) are up and available for preorder on HLJ as of now (12:13pm UK time)
    Get 'em while they're hot.

2. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    Holy crap Widow is order stopped already (Thanos too). I didn't have that problem at all with Star Wars.

3. infinite_virtue

infinite_virtue Well-Known Member

Thanks to a flight I wasn't able to pre-order them all when they opened but luckily AmiAmi still had Cap, Spidey and Widow available. Also thankfully, CDJapan still had Thanos available so I pre-ordered him along with Iron Man there. As for Black Panther, since he is a Web Exclusive I may wait and get Bluefin's release. I just hope Bluefin announces what they are bringing over soon although it doesn't look like Nippon-Yasan has him up yet anyways.

I'm also a bit peeved that Starlord and Doctor Strange are regular releases this time around making them cheaper than their first release. lol. At least I can easily pass on them.

4. OptionZero

OptionZero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I expect bluefin to drop anytime now

Theyve been consistently right behind japanese preorders

5. Geof7609

Geof7609 Brake Pioneer

Ai yai yai... totally overlooked the possibility of preorders going up so soon. I got Cap & Tony through amiami, have to wait & see where Spidey, Widow & Thanos might become available. I don't want to have pay up front though, yay car repair, lol.

6. supervir2

supervir2 Feels like the kid in Big everyday.

News Credits:
    Put in a placeholder order on strange to get the slingring effect. Will probably sell the figure off and use the effect with the Mezco. Waiting to see what bluefin does before potentially ordering BP and IM.

7. Sinestro00

Sinestro00 S’goden, s’doodis

For past Star Wars and Marvel SHF that have went on “order stop” soon after preorder, there have been occasional windows of availability up until the release date, with a prolonged one a few weeks before. That’s how I got the Hulk.

8. OptionZero

OptionZero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No one should trip about missing the japanese pre-orders, Bluefin looks like they're gonna bring over most of 'em

Today their instragam even added Iron Man with a bonus Stand (black one with Avengers logo, diff from the red Marvel one)

9. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

Most are up at NY for the lowest prices so far. No pay up front for Thanos either.

10. KillKen

KillKen Well-Known Member

Black Panther is a pay up front thou with NY

11. Partsformer

Partsformer To Far Away Times

Twitter:
    As of 6:40a EST AmiAmi has the Infinity War Figuarts back up for preorder.

12. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    All web exclusives are pay upfront now. It's why I missed the freaking Zarab because when I had the money they suddenly stopped allowing preorders of him last month.

13. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Better leg articulation would be nice as well.

14. Slave IV

I thought Thanos was also a web exclusive for some reason. My bad. Seems like he's the most popular one. Only thing I wanted was those Marvel stands.

15. tomagnus

tomagnus question the answers

Anyone get the JL Wonder Woman? Curious what the consensus is on her. I’m on the fence, I have the BvS Mafex one, but love SHF figures they’re usually top notch quality. Any opinions??

16. Legate

Legate RIP Kevin Conroy and Akira Toriyama

Yeah, those got eaten up FAST.

17. Slave IV

I have it. It's the only WW figure I've seen in recent years that I felt was worth getting to represent WW on my shelves even though I'm a comic style only collector. It's a good figure typical of any SHF figure. Face could have been a bit better but it is perfectly fine. One of the main selling points to me is also that it seems to be one of the only ones that actually comes with a lasso that you can put in good action poses. Anyways, I now have a good representation of WW and have no desire to look anywhere else for one unless something comic style comes out that blows me away (looking at you, Revo and Mezco).

18. tomagnus

tomagnus question the answers

Cool. Saw her for $44 and feel it’s a good price.

19. Slave IV

That's pretty much what most SHF figures cost after shipping here so yeah. Forgot what I paid but I had it preorderd from HLJ.

20. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    So, wanted to let everyone in on a new stunt that's being pulled on eBay with bootleg Figuarts. I purchased a SHF Ryu off of eBay recently. Didn't think much of it as the seller was in the US and used official pics. I typically don't scrutinize US or Japanese sellers as they typically sell the legit product and those US sellers that do sell the Chinese bootlegs mention them as such in some way. Well, this guy apparently has his location listed as Tennessee here in the US, but when he loaded the tracking number it was shipping from China. Did a little research and this is apparently a new stunt Chinese sellers on eBay are pulling. They create an account that claims they're in the US and then they ship from outside the US. After seeing it ship from China I even double checked the listing and the listing claims it's an authentic first edition release. Now I'm just going to have to wait for the item to get here and than file a "not as described" claim. Just another thing to be wary of when shopping on eBay now with Figuarts/Figmas I guess.