SH Figuarts Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Roanstalker, Nov 19, 2009.

1. anubis20

anubis20 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    In the video it says Bucky

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ektris

Ektris Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    1. Fuck yeah sooner than expected!

2. NEED. IRON. SPIDER.

3. Kinda wish I had gotten the AoU Widow now that this is the next one we're getting, but I'm not missing the boat again so totally going for her.

4. FINALLY BUCKY!!

5. Wasn't even sure I'd get yet another Iron Man, but he looks to have cool accessories this time so... yeah I will.

6. THANOS!!!

7. Are Strange, Star Lord, and Black Panther getting reissued..? They don't usually do that for web exclusives... but they look identical. Edit: Derp only watched the video first. BP is definitely the new suit. Cool. Strange is lighter and has gloves. Eh, I'm fine with the one I have. Star Lord is just the shirt and a few accents... so not worth it.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

Bucky...they are all labeled.

4. Sinestro00

Sinestro00 S’goden, s’doodis

5. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    • Like Like x 2
  6. supervir2

supervir2 Feels like the kid in Big everyday.

News Credits:
    For sure passing on Cap, Star-lord, Thanos, Widow, and Spider-man. Those looks just don’t do anything for me or I already have them.

Ironman is a maybe - the suit looks nice but I’m trying to cut back on armor purchases. Bucky will depend on the headsculpt/paint. Black Panther looks ok, but I really do prefer the first suit and think I may go Mezco for the new one if I get a version of it.

Now, Dr. Strange himself doesn’t really tempt me, but that big effect piece to have him moving between environments is amazing. I’ll probably get it just for that!

7. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    I just looked that up. Man there are a butt-ton of Chinese knockoffs of that figure. I think this face does look better than that one though. The only thing it's really missing is the hourglass of the belt, but I suppose when you're specifically trying not to be the Black Widow you make some sacrifices.

And the hair of course, but that could easily be painted with how the face comes off, I imagine.

I would like to bite with this release, but I bought two Figuarts last year for Star Wars and I'm committed to getting Captain Marvel next year so I will probably just have to hold my tongue and hope the Marvel Legend version from Cap 2 gets rereleased as part of some set.

• Like Like x 1
  8. SHINOBI03

SHINOBI03 Well-Known Member

Good God Bandai!

Man does it look terrifying... but Meat as an accessory? What is he, Chaozu? He was more a character than that ageless midget who never in his life exchange any form of dialogue with Goku!

Although including him with Buffaloman does make sense if you know the storyline behind it.

9. Ektris

Ektris Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hmm.. Saw it pointed out that Cap has alternate hands and vague "optional parts" listed on his info page, but the pictures conspicuously lack even the hands... No idea why they would try to hide the Wakandan shield when we know he has it from trailers, unless he does get another shield, but maybe it's possible he does have some accessories.

Same with Spidey. Vague "optional parts" listed (and other accessories, like his eyes and web effects, are listed separately) and all of the Spider-Man suits so far have had a hole in the back that would be perfect for his Iron Spider arms.

• Like Like x 1
  10. MaccyG

MaccyG Well-Known Member

Hiya all!

Exciting times. So as i understand it we have the follow release months earmarked:

April = Starlord + Doctor Strange
    May = Cap + Iron Spider
    June = Iron Man mk L + Thanos
    July = Black widow
    September = Black Panther
    (???) = Bucky, Hulkbuster mk II and the tantalizing 'more....' (please be Falcon, Vision and Wanda)

Anyone pinned whether any of these are mass-market or web exclusive yet?

Obviously my wallet will be a lot happier if i can preorder through HLJ rather than the up-front costs of Nippon Yasan.

Also, to help each other out - is there any notification system we can put in place for when the preorders go up? (beyond refreshing this board until my thumbs bleed)

For me, i'll pass on April's releases, will snatch up the rest, and will have to have a funds review to help me decide on Black Panther later in the year. Bucky is an absolute must for me though, love the character and think he'll look great with the new-style arm.

cheers everyone for helping out with the info. What a time to be a collector!!

• Like Like x 2
  11. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    • Like Like x 1
  12. MaccyG

MaccyG Well-Known Member

Oop..answered my own question. Looks like Black Panther is the only Web-Ex, all the others are mass-market. Hooray.

13. Baltan

Baltan Space Ninja

Slightly disappointed that Meat couldn’t break into pieces, heh.

14. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Love that they are going all out on the MCU stuff, I just don't care about the MCU stuff.

15. Raiju

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    Cool. I just hope that Bandai remembered to give Black Panther his claws this time! Would be nice if this BP also included extra clawed hands to go with the Civil War version of his SHF figure (although I'm not counting on it).

Iron Man Mk 50 is looking good as is Thanos. Spidey's suit design looks a bit too busy for my tastes but I suppose he'll need the extra Stark tech in the war to come. Black Widow looks kinda drab in comparison to the others and I'm not a huge fan of the blonde hair but I suppose her look makes sense since she's trying to lay low under disguise after the events of CW.

Cap should definitely come with his Wakandan vibranium vambraces/shield combo. Strange and Starlord are low on the totem pole for me since I already have the first versions and there really isn't enough to double dip on the molds. Looking forward to seeing Bucky's full reveal and his new arm!

Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
  16. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    What sucks is that it looks like bandai only had time to work on concept art that didn't reflect the final costume designs(like for Cap). Iron Spider(so far) doesn't have the legs, Cap has the longer hair but not full arm sleeves, doesn't look like iron man has his wings......

Unless the accessories remaining to be seen are what I listed above but why would Bandai hold back from revealing those?

17. Geof7609

Geof7609 Brake Pioneer

I haven't seen any pics or footage of Cap with full sleeves, the trailer & Super Bowl spot only show him with the rolled-up sleeves. Are there any promotional photos or footage I might've missed?

As for this lineup, hooo-boy... I only own the original Iron Man Mk.VI and War Machine from IM2, plus Cap from Age of Ultron. I've got a lot of catching up to do here, and apparently not a hell of a lot of time to do it in, lol.

18. RetrogradeMercury

RetrogradeMercury Well-Known Member

Disappointed with that Cap head sculpt. Why can’t I have a beautiful bearded Chris Evans figure?

Black Widow looks pretty spectacular though.

19. Raiju

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    Also SHF Iron Man Mk 4 is set for release at the end of this month too, at least according to an email alert I got from Bandai.

So far I've been all in on SHF MCU with the exception of Iron Patriot, War Machine Mks 1 and 2, and Thor and Hulk Ragnarok versions. Bandai has got me by the short hairs. :lol 

20. SHINOBI03

SHINOBI03 Well-Known Member

Meat Build-A-Figure? Don't give them ideas...