SH Figuarts Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Roanstalker, Nov 19, 2009.

1. SHINOBI03

SHINOBI03 Well-Known Member

Basically it's a police force of exoskeleton users battling criminal exoskeleton users. These are not robots or drones controlled from distance, these are suits worn by individuals. The first season was decent with good action and fun characters, but the cgi may turn you off. Second season just started recently and they're available at Crunchyroll.

2. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Known Member?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I can't speak to the price, but regarding GSC, what makes you think they'll do anything more than a few figures with any DBZ license? They're not great at producing full lineups of core characters/designs, even from popular licenses. There's also no official license confirmation yet, so knows when anything would actually happen. Out of curiosity, did you just prefer GSC stuff and wanted to be really proactive about acquiring funds for hypothetical DBZ figures?

3. NSJ23

NSJ23 Not today Chumly, not today.

got em :) 
    [​IMG]

4. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    I got my two FO TR8R's yesterday in the mail myself. Let the spins begin! :D 

5. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I hate that fan name sooooo much.

That said; just got mine in the mail today too. Haven't had a chance to crack him open, but reviews seem positive from what I've read.

6. SuperGrimlock

SuperGrimlock Cybertron Driver License

Umm... can anyone fill me in on if there is anywhere cheaper to preorder Figuarts Charizard? Bbts' price is a bit insane as usual.

7. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Considering he's a Tamashii Web Exclusive I'm not sure you're going to be able to find him too much cheaper. I think Image Anime had him for $120. I can't find any Japanese sites that have him up as not many of them carry the Tamashii Web Exclusive Figuarts. The Web Exclusive Figuarts that don't get a release in the US via Bluefin tend to be pricey unfortunately.

8. Raiju

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    At least TR8R is lesser cumbersome a name than "First Order Stormtrooper Shield & Baton Set". :D 

9. Ektris

Ektris Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He also has an actual canon "name" though. FN-2199 or Nines.

10. OptionZero

OptionZero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures/17478-shfiguarts-charizard-limited-edition.html

Nippon yasan has it for 7480 yen. That's like $80. Payment up front required. I've used them a lot, reliable. Never use BBTS for TWE

11. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Ah, I haven't ever used Nippon Yasan before so I didn't know if they carried the web exclusives. I know AmiAmi and HLJ do not (at least not that I've seen). How is it Nippon Yasan is able to carry them?

But in any case thanks for the link man. Normally those Web Exclusives are a big hit to the wallet.

That's pretty much my thoughts on it. Not that I'm going to outright knock anyone for using TR8R I just think it's hokey and I disliked it even before we found out he was named after one of the Clone Troopers essentially. Well, his number isn't exactly the same as THAT Nines, but he somehow ended up with the same nickname.

By the way, did they ever reveal what the FN actually stands for? If anything?

Last edited: Jul 15, 2016
  12. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Known Member?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nippon Yasan has been one of the primary websites that middlemans web exclusives (Tamashii web, along with Hobby Japan, Toei Hero Net, and other types of TN exclusives) at least in recent years. Biginjapan is another, Yokatta used to until whatever the hell happened with them.

I used to use them all the time to order web exclusives, but once they had to change their Pay Later policy after TN changed when they wanted money from people, I opted to go elsewhere.

13. Raiju

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    Star Wars is SRS BSNS. :D  8 isn't too far from 9. Close enough for me!

14. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Nah. Never been one of those SRS BSNS guys. :D  If you like TR8R you do you. I just don't think naming the guy after his one line made much sense.

15. OptionZero

OptionZero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Man, the First Order Stormtrooper and its variants . . . i'm glad they're doing different versions of it.

I've said it before and it needs to be said again - it absolutely kicks the ass of the SHF Stormtrooper (original trilogy), Clone trooper, and Black Series crap.

Bandai needs to get slapped for completely fucking up the leg articulation on the OT and clone troopers - the First Order trooper is so obviously better, they had the ability to do it. Asleep at the wheel, so frustrating

but i am happy to own 3 FO troopers, a riot trooper, and can't wait for the heavy gunner

16. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Yeah, I'm not sure why they screwed up the OT Stormtrooper and the Clone Trooper so badly in the leg department when obviously they had the ability to do it better. I've got both the FO and the Riot Control FO Stormtrooper and can't wait to get the Heavy Gunner. I might even get the MAFEX FO Stormtrooper to get another FO ST that isn't the same as the Figuarts. Also, it comes with the Riot Control gear too so there's that.

17. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

Cool to see so much love for the first order trooper. It really is a fantastic figure. I still think every version should come with a basic blaster but I'll have at least one supreme version of it once I build my Bandai kit. Bring on the Heavy Gunner!

18. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Are they ever going to release Han, Chewy, and the two droids?

19. SHINOBI03

SHINOBI03 Well-Known Member

Big the Budo gallery
    ?????? ???? ?????? S.H.Figuarts ???????? [?????]

This thing looks huge in photos! And probably heavy if it comes with its own display hand. Once again I'll have to wait till September/October with the release of Kinnikuman Great in order to get it along with Brocken Jr. and Ashuraman.

20. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    You're not sitting on cases of them. That tends to color your perception a little.

It is so weird. I don't have the opportunity to buy many toys at retail because they just aren't available. Every other place on the planet, though, it's apparently normal to expect three years of easy availability at sale prices. The disconnect just blows my mind. Pennsylvania is like a third world country.