SH Figuarts Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Roanstalker, Nov 19, 2009.

1. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    I think it's hilarious that SS Vegeta goes for almost $200 but SS Vegeta with colored boot tips sits at $40.

2. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    If you're referring to the Premium Color version of SS Vegeta he just got released and there's plenty of him around. No one's going to pay $200 for a figure that's easy to find and plentiful.

Now if you're suggesting that the release of Premium Color SS Vegeta should have caused the original to go down it price that simply isn't going to happen either, because it's not a true reissue. The paint schemes between the two are pretty different. Particularly in the way the hair is colored and highlighted.

3. Duomaxwell1017

Duomaxwell1017 Lt. to Optimus Prime

News Credits:
    Right!

4. Duomaxwell1017

News Credits:
    2015 SDCC Goku, SS Gohan, Premium Trunks, 17 and 18 are sold!

5. optics

optics Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You should probably just update the original post instead of posting updates or just post updates in your sales thread where you update the last post since you're only supposed to "bump" your sales thread once a day. /justsayingbecauserulesandstuff

6. Duomaxwell1017

News Credits:
    Dont worry I am not gonna post every time I sell anything. I only did that because I sold 5 figuarts to one person.

7. Metal Sonic

Metal Sonic Slightly-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't want to seem entitled or like I'm rushing Bandai or anything, but give us fucking Spider-Man immediately.

8. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I was thinking the same thing after seeing him at the end of the trailer today. That suit looks great! Marvel also managed to do something Sony never did: HIS FUCKING EYES MOVED LIKE THEY DO IN THE COMICS!!! :D  I wonder if Bandai will be able to replicate that as a Figuarts?

9. SuperGrimlock

SuperGrimlock Cybertron Driver License

Glad I'm not the only one who lost when his eyes moved...

10. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    In the comics it's so iconic, but Sony's never done it in the films. This proves to me that Marvel will ALWAYS do their characters justice! Now I hope that an awesome Figuarts gets made. It'll look nice with my Figma Spidey or with my Figuarts Avengers.

Actually, if he ends up with narrow eyes as an extra head/face... I'll totally pose him looking incredulously at the upcoming Figma Deadpool! :lolol 

11. SuperGrimlock

SuperGrimlock Cybertron Driver License

And a hand to facepalm with

12. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    exactly!

13. soymonk

soymonk Mathematical!

News Credits:
    Any idea on when Black Panther preorders will go up or did I already miss that? I've been out of commission for about a week due to being sick so I'm a bit behind with news.

Good Smile is making Deadpool stuff?
    *googles*
    Excellent...

14. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    I'm not saying "premium" SS Vegeta should go for crazy money. I'm saying it should be sold out by now with A) fast presellouts of other Figuarts lately, B) volume of screaming for a reissue over the last 2 years, and C) being an improved deco versus a weird redeco that reissues are often saddled with. The only thing the original has over it is that people can't have it. I don't collect anything for the rare/exclusive factor so it's weird to watch that work.

15. Ektris

Ektris Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Still not even officially announced, just appeared in a background image on their site. I expect a proper announcement in the coming weeks, with a release date in August and pre-orders April 1. Speculation, of course, but pretty par for course.

A part of me really hopes Spider-Man will be next, but they've been going back-and-forth with the teams here so wouldn't be surprised if it's Bucky instead. There's no way they don't get to him eventually though.

16. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Oh yeah, I've still got SS Vegeta sitting in my pile of loot at BBTS. I was hoping to have him by now, but freaking DC delayed their Icons by like 2 months. By the time I have him shipped, the RF Vegeta will be out.

17. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Speculation is that they should announce him soon for an August release based on the trend that they've been going with.

And, yeah, Figma Deadpool is coming, but it could be some time as they've only shown off artwork and sometimes it can be a full year between artwork and even a grey resin copy being shown. Guess it depends on how popular Deadpool was in Japan.

That's pretty much what I figure too. Black Panther will get announced next for an August release and after him it'll be someone from Cap's team again (so... Winter Soldier, Scarlet Witch, Falcon, Hawkeye or Agent 13?).

Ah, well who knows how many of them were made. Also, I haven't really seen a huge sellout when it comes to anything Figuarts outside of the Marvel and Star Wars stuff. The DBZ stuff never seems to sell out of preorders and it seems to take a month or four before a figure is easily out of stock. I'm also not sure there really was as huge a call for Vegeta as there was for other guys. I mostly here people calling for a reissue of Cell or Frieza. As long as they've sold enough of him and Trunks for Premium Color reissues to continue to be viable I don't really care much though and I'll buy all of them I missed (or in Trunks case a second one if he has alternative display options as both regular and SS).

18. soymonk

soymonk Mathematical!

News Credits:
    Ah, that's right. No official announcement yet.

19. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I didn't realize Figuarts Omegamon and Wargreymon were brand new molds. Placed orders for both of them. Hoping for a new Metalgarurumon too.

20. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Yeah, the Omegamon and Wargreymon that are being released aren't reissues. They're supposed to be new molds that match up with how they were seen in Our War Game. It'd be nice to get a new Metalgarurumon, but they just reissued him like a month or two back as a designer edition. I'd think they'd have just made a new one if they were going to, but who knows.