SH Figuarts Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Roanstalker, Nov 19, 2009.

1. Digi

Digi Well-Known Member

Amazon has the red corner wrestling stand for $14 if anyone was interested in it. Pretty good price if you have Prime.

2. soymonk

soymonk Mathematical!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    I haven't shipped my Thunder Effects set yet, but I'll have to check some video reviews for it tonight.

Isn't it meant to be more of a background piece thing? I saw someone doing some nice stuff with it on SHF Thor when I was going through Instagram.

3. Raiju

Raiju Kaiju Mod Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Just cracked open SHF Iron Man Mk 45. Wow, what an awesome figure! Love the articulation (particularly the double jointed elbows and knees) and he's super poseable. The glossy metallic paint is great and digging the sexy curves of the Mk 45 design; definitely invokes a sleek sports car to me. Wish it included an open-masked head with Tony's face but that's a minor nitpick.

4. supervir2

supervir2 Feels like the kid in Big everyday.

News Credits:
    Phasma and more are up at AE.

5. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 I'm counting all the killuuuurrrrrrssss Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    [​IMG]

Got my first figuart about a week ago. I need more of these things and can't wait for Piccolo to come instock on BBTS :D 

Also got God Goku, Golden Frieza, and Premium colors SS Trunks on pre-order.

6. lildevilchick

lildevilchick what the doctor ordered

Has anyone figured out what is going on with Amazon? They sent me an e-mail stating that they didn't know when Golden Frieza would be released. I have a suspicion that they'll end up cancelling the order before long.

7. Raiju

News Credits:
  8. djmajin

djmajin Masterpiece Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
  9. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

I'm expecting it, especially since Bluefin is going to be selling them at NYCC, they are probably selling of Amazon's stock. :lol 

10. Ektris

Ektris Well-Known Member

Not really... Bluefin still has not responded to my email about my cancelled orders, I doubt they will, and I bet everyone else who emailed them is in the same boat even though it's what they fucking said to do to get it resolved. UGH!

Buuut... According to some, one thing did come back. This upcoming MonsterArts release does say it's sold by Amazon.com, so there's that. I don't personally know if it was one that was removed before, but I trust the person saying it was. So maybe there's a pinprick's worth of hope?

11. Spark Extractor

Spark Extractor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  12. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    They can keep it for that price. Their Figuarts are way, way overpriced.

Their Thor just jumped from $60 to $80 too. Either they got a new, crappy overseas distributor or they just got greedy.

13. OptionZero

OptionZero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    But dat service doe!

14. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
  15. Spark Extractor

Spark Extractor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I bet it still sells out by the end of the day if not sooner.:peoples: :crazy: 

16. Digi

Digi Well-Known Member

It's only the figures that Bandai/Bluefin can't sell in america directly because of licensing. Marvel, Star Wars, etc are no can doozles without BBTS buying them off Bandai at full price, then reselling them. They have to mark them up to make a profit. Same reason LCB stores need to mark Hasbro's Marvel Legends and Black Series figures up, they basically pay full price per figure from Hasbro and don't make any profit if they sell it for the recommended price point. Toyzinthebox is a great site to buy Sh Figuarts figures, but they also mark up the Marvel and Star Wars figures for the same reason as well.

That's why the Dragonball figures are regular price on BBTS until they sell out elsewhere, at which point BBTS can do what they want with them with the price. Even Toyz does it too, I paid $60 for my Andorid 18 from them because she sold out every where else and it was the cheapest aftermarket price for her I could find.

EDIT: Actually, I guess I don't know what the hell i'm talking about. Just noticed the Kinnikuman Figuarts have at least $10 mark ups on BBTS too (though they are the only US site i've seen that still carries them excluding Amazon), and I thought Bandai had the NA license for that series. I dunno then.

17. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus I can do this all day! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    I don't think anyone is arguing that BBTS needs to markup the stuff that Bluefin can't bring over. Most of us import enough figures to know that's how things work you know? That said; BBTS' price increases on the Avengers and recent Star Wars Figuarts is pretty close to flat out scalper pricing. When the first Avengers and Star Wars stuff went up for preorder they were pretty reasonably priced at around $65. Than after release BBTS' remaining stocks price was increased for each Avenger release (with the exception of the two Iron Man releases). And in the case of the Star Wars stuff they have increased their pricing from the $65 mark to almost $90. It's ridiculous.

Darth Maul is an excellent example of what I'm talking about: When his preorder he was available for $65. His preorder sold out at that. About two weeks ago I noticed that they had reopened preorders, but now they were asking $95. He's available at that price at BBTS if anyone really really needs him. But why would anyone do that in a global market when you can go to eBay and order him from one of MANY Japanese sellers who are charging between $55 to $65 for him with EMS shipping included in most cases?

Now, I don't know if BBTS had to get a new and more expensive distributor to meet the demand for these fairly popular figures or if they have just gotten greedy. But for me it means that I won't be buying these particular Figuarts from them anymore as there are cheaper options available if buyers actually bother to look.

18. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    :lol 

19. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

No, Bluefin doesn't have the Kinnikuman license. Only things from the line, but not really, they can release are the wrestling stages.

20. Raiju

News Credits: