SH Figuarts Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Roanstalker, Nov 19, 2009.

1. soymonk

soymonk Mathematical!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Thanks! I'm really having fun taking pictures with the Foldio2.

The green screen feature doesn't work too well with Transformers and Iron Man though (they're really shiny and reflect the green background).

2. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Solicits for the Advanced Color Trunks confirm he comes with less accessories than the original. I'm really not happy with this since the new one lacks a face I'd use to pose him on the shelf. Really wishing I didn't sell my original.

3. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Are you sure that isn't a typo?

4. SHINOBI03

SHINOBI03 Well-Known Member

Trunks description from BBTS:

5. Raiju

Raiju Kaiju Mod Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It's called a joke. :lol  Seeing how we're on a TF forum, I figure a lot of us are fans of upgrade kits.

6. Detroa

Detroa Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Looks like Trunks, KR Chaser and Beat Chaser 2000 preorders are opening today.

7. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't have my own Trunks' box handy, but going off this pic, if I'm doing my math right, then yeah Premium Trunks comes with less stuff.

http://shishioh-image.sakura.ne.jp/imege/SHF_TRUNKS/1-3.jpg

8. lildevilchick

lildevilchick what the doctor ordered

Yeah, it looks like Trunks comes with waaaaay less stuff. I'm looking at the original right now and here is what there is: 8 faces (4 regular and 4 Super Saiyan), 14 hands (7 sets), broken sword, and regular sword.

What about Vegeta? And will he be up on Amazon for preorder? Usually they're only a couple weeks, at most, behind BBTS, but it's been at least a month.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2015
  9. Ektris

Ektris Well-Known Member

Amazon's been plain awful with SHF preorders this year. The Gaim reissue never got one, Kiva-la doesn't have one, pretty sure the upcoming reissue of Piccolo doesn't, Omegamon and Minato have only been announced for two weeks but they have nothing... Hell, Mario Play Set D is even delisted entirely for some freaking reason, but is still in my order history as being preordered.

10. Coot83

Coot83 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Im on the DB figure forum as well and I have seen a lot of the same feedback about others in regards to amazon. What I don't understand is what keeps your interest in trying to work with amazon at this point? I have their prime membership and I like to go to amazon for most things, but they have proven they are late to the game when it comes to SHF. No offense to anyone with amazon, just curious is all.

Coot

11. Ektris

Ektris Well-Known Member

100% because of Prime. I've been mad at Bluefin in general this year, what with their releases seemingly getting more and more delayed relative to their Japanese releases (even well after the port issues at the beginning of the year) and other things. But if I can get free, fast shipping... Well, there's absolutely appeal to that.

12. NSJ23

NSJ23 on TFW2005 for everything but TF's....

I've got just about all my DBZ figuarts from amazon. I've heard the horror stories but have not dealt with any. I pre-order the Resurrection of F figs long before they sold out there so we will see if i'm lucky again

13. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Because I had to pay $100 for Prime this year, so I am going to get my money's worth.

Plus, the only other place I would order from is BBTS, but after the bs stunts they have pulled with their markups this Summer, I don't want to buy from them again anytime soon.

14. Geof7609

Geof7609 Brake Pioneer

I just got my Cap yesterday & while his left knee isn't loose, the two halves of that joint do tend to pry apart just a bit to where I can see that cylinder, which I haven't seen on a Figuarts joint until now.

As for the knee & elbow caps, they do come off fairly easily, but then so did those parts on the Mark VI & War Machine figures. I glued those in place, and I'll do the same with Cap. Too much risk of losing those pieces.

15. lildevilchick

I prefer Amazon because of Prime, as well. I've never had quality issues on any of my figures and preordering was never an issue until now.

16. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    Earlier I read something about it having five faces...is four ignoring the default one?

17. lildevilchick

I don't believe so. It says "altogether" which should mean that what it's listing is all that's included. I dunno if I want the figure now, considering that it appears the rerelease is missing a ton of items that the original had.

Can anyone confirm if Vegeta's rerelease is missing parts?

18. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus I can do this all day! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    Interesting that this Trunks appears to be missing his non Super Saiyan faces outside of the main one. He still has all of his SS stuff though I believe so I'll just be using this one in my display as his SS form considering I've got an original release. Wonder why the cutbacks though? I figured changing the colors would be good enough for a 'new edition'.

19. T16skyhopp

T16skyhopp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yeah I don't get the cutbacks. Everything's individually priced, if costs have gone up just raise the price of the figure. Kinda bums me out. I think Vegeta is missing the smirking face which is a huge bummer too.

20. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    The cutbacks are to probably help the original retain its value.