SH Figuarts Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Roanstalker, Nov 19, 2009.

1. BattleUpSaber

BattleUpSaber Result.

News Credits:
    That Ultron Prime is so detailed, slick and stylised...beats the Marvel Legends BAF by far. Hope it'll be available for a good price.

2. Transquito

Transquito Reach For The Light

Indeed I quite love the look of him, but sure he smells like a Tamashii web exclusive to me. So it's time to stalk Nippon-Yasan.

3. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My Hulk and Mark 43 still haven't shipped.

*sigh*

4. anubis20

anubis20 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    HLJ is super slow right now, i paid for shipping on 7/21 and the order didnt ship until 7/27 :redface2: 

5. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    They posted something about it, their sale is fucking up their shipping department.

6. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I seem to remember this happening during another one of their sales.

My stuff that time was shipped by Monday however, so this delay is just ridiculous now.

7. mrboshek

mrboshek Well-Known Member

HLJ accepted payment on Friday, normally, that means I would have had the package by now. I'm home all this week to sign for delivery, too. I usually miss the morning home delivery and have to pick up at the PO.

8. kmoua7

kmoua7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  9. calvin0

calvin0 Well-Known Member

I just nab another Sailor Moon from HLJ because of the sale that they are having... hopefully I'll get a functional pony tail this time...

10. Ektris

Ektris Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not too happy with Bluefin's response to my question...

Just fuck them for what they did.

Anybody looking to sell a 1-Up? :/

11. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    What did they say?

12. Ektris

Ektris Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It wasn't rude or anything. It just wasn't satisfying to me. "The 1-Up mushroom was a convention exclusive, so it won't be included with a purchase from Amazon."

It was only a convention exclusive because they chose to take them all and make it one. It was decidedly not one in Japan and came with Yoshi, even if the reveal for it came freakishly close to Yoshi's actual release. Bluefin has included packaged-separately first run bonuses when they imported stuff before, I just don't get why they did this differently.

Spin it however you want, but not going to change my belief that it wasn't unreasonable to expect them to bundle them up until SDCC when they just gave them all away free.

13. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Which is a shame because when I got into the Figuarts line in 2012 they were all about customer service. Something happened with them in 2014.

14. DX7879

DX7879 Captain of Strawhats

As much as I would like to get a 1up mushroom as well, I don't feel that Bluefin did anything wrong. In Japan it was a first release bonus only. In the US there was no official release for it so Bluefin gave it away at SDCC. I never expected it to be bundled with the US release of Yoshi, although I'm not sure if other bonuses has been included with US releases like Mew with Mewtwo for example. Also with their other first run releases in the US did Bluefin say ahead of time it would be included? Yeah it would be awesome if they released it with the first run of Yoshis in the US, but again I never expected it :/

15. SHINOBI03

SHINOBI03 Well-Known Member

Strange, I bought my Yoshi locally (from Kinokonya) and not only it had the 1-up exclusive but also the Blufin sticker.

16. optics

optics Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Got Harley Quinn, I like her, just don't like that her hands pop off pretty easy. Also, its a shame you can't extend her legs down like every other SHFs.

I was selling two for $20 shipped in my sales thread... I think I posted earlier I was selling two for $24, but it may haven't been misread as one for $24 aha

17. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    How much of a difference 2 years can make.

In 2013 I was at AX and the guys at their booth were friendly, I had a great conversation with them. The guy told me that they were going to be announcing DC Figuarts at SDCC when I told him I was a DC collector. We talked about Sentai and Kamen Rider. It was a lot of fun. They also gave me a shout out the next day when I walked by because I had posted everything I bought the day before on Facebook.

Last month at A-Kon, the guys were rude, unfriendly, and didn't care to talk to anyone that didn't have the cash in their hand. When I asked to look at Broly the guy said "Sure," and then walked away to help someone else that really was holding his cash in his hand and ignored me as I stood there. I waited for him to finish up with that guy, just thinking maybe he wanted to take care of that guy really quick, but then he turned away, looked at me, and started to ring out the customer behind me, who also had his wallet out. -_-

18. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

Do you happen to know if the SHF Stormtrooper's leg extends? I haven't messed with mine too much but I was having the issue others have mentioned of not being able to bend the hip/thigh joint very far without the armor blocking the path. I seem to recall people mentioning extending legs would have fixed the issue but not sure.

19. optics

optics Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I never opened mine when I had them, but I do now recall that the Stormtroopers may have also had this issue.

20. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    No. For some reason they gave Vader the traditional hip joints ala DBZ and Sentai while they gave the Storm Troopers the newer hips ala the Kamen Rider Renewals and stuff.