SH Figuarts Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Roanstalker, Nov 19, 2009.

1. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Old):
    Yeah, so? They are the same characters.

2. anubis20

anubis20 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Different outfits? :lol 

3. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Because the suits often change from one movie to another.

4. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Old):
    They haven't changed that much. Nevertheless, they are still the same characters.

5. Ektris

Ektris Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yet they do still change, especially Iron Man.

And it's the suit he's talking about anyways, not the character himself.

6. Lbsammills51

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If you mean that the colors aren't changing dramatically and the general designs are similar (outside of War Machine/Iron Patriot), then sure.

But if you compare First Avenger/WWII Cap to Avengers Cap to Winter Soldier Cap, or ANY Iron Man suits, yes there's change going on (the comparisons of the Mark 6 Figuart to Mark 7 Figma to Mark 42 Figuart should've made that clear). Thor's changed a bit each film as well; Black Widow I'm not sure about beyond her hair style/length. I'm sure there will be more changes, be they subtle or overt, come Age of Ultron.

As for characters...what the hell does that have to do with anything? Who's saying or insinuating otherwise that you even feel the need to bring that up? Of course they're the same characters, that's not what's being discussed here though.

7. SHINOBI03

SHINOBI03 Well-Known Member

I don't care! Bring me more Iron Men and that Hulk!

8. SHINOBI03

9. MST3KFan

MST3KFan Master of the Obvious

News Credits:
    Yep. K.O. You can tell by looking at her shoulder pegs which are skin colored whereas the legit ones are white like her outfit.

I actually own two legit S.H. Figuarts Sailor Moon figures for some reason. I think there was a deal on Amazon or something and I ordered an extra as back up or something.

As far as I know there are K.O.s now of Sailor Moon 1st edition, Sailor Mercury,a nd Sailor Mars, but not Sailor Venus or Sailor Jupiter (yet).

10. SkywarpsNipples

SkywarpsNipples ホンマおもろい人やね〜

News Credits:
    As far as KOs go, that looks pretty bad.

Good to hear Jupiter doesn't have a KO since I haven't picked her up yet.

11. SHINOBI03

Thanks for the info. For the shoulders, I can just paint them white and problem solved. If the figure broke due to low quality plastic? I can just go Kinokonya and grab the re-released version while still keeping the additional accessories.

12. MST3KFan

MST3KFan Master of the Obvious

News Credits:
    No, problem. It's creepy how accurate some K.O. toys are to the real deal lately. Just look at the Masterpiece Transformers.

13. SHINOBI03

My latest Figuarts purchase:
    [​IMG]

And my first Kamen Rider figure to own
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Blasterpwns

Blasterpwns Regretting my username...

Reviving my really old and practically unused for years account to ask you peeps a question. I ordered SHF Bravo, SHF Gaim Jimba Lemon, and SHF Nadeshiko from yokattawep.jp and after waiting for quite some time for the package to arrive, they have given me Arms Change Durian, and the clusterfuck that is SHF Meteor Nadeshiko instead of what I ordered. Jimba arrived ok however. Is it possible at all for Yokatta to be able to correct my order, or at least give me a refund? I've only opened Lemon and the outer tape upon Meteor Nadeshiko's brown box which all Tamashii web exclusives seem to come with.

15. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Old):
    I've never heard of that site before, but I say if they refuse to let you return them when you did NOT order them, have your credit card or Paypal refund you directly.

16. Blasterpwns

Blasterpwns Regretting my username...

Suppose so, though the exact reason I preordered Durian from them is so I wouldn't have to pay increased aftermarket prices, which it's looking like I'm going to have to anyways, even if I can return the figures I did get.

Still awaiting a response from them, though it has been about 24 hours since I've sent them my email about the incorrect items. I'll give them another 24 and see where it goes from there.

17. Lbsammills51

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh, Yokatta? I don't think enough people use them (people not hearing of them before doesn't surprise me that much) as frequently as other middleman sites, so I'm not sure how they handle exchanges.

Contacting them first to let them know, as you've done, is the best first step. Considering it's been a while since Bravo came out though and their listing is currently closed, I wouldn't hold your breath on getting the Figuart from them still. Best you can probably hope for is a refund. That's unfortunate they sent you the wrong items; thankfully Bravo hasn't jumped in price like Shin Zangetsu or Gaim Jimba have, but that still sucks regardless that you'll have to go the secondary market route after all (barring a miracle).

18. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Old):
    BTW, my B&N did a complete restock. They had several Android 17s, Gokus, the impact crater set, MA Adult Jr, MA building/beam effect set, Wolf Predators (both versions), Big Chap, Yellow Ranger, all of the Sailor Soldiers, and I think some new Gundams.

19. agentofprime

agentofprime Well-Known Member

I wish my B&N would restock. All they have are the same Gundam kits for awhile.

20. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

Question, is it common to get Sailor Scouts with arms that pop off? My Jupiter arrived last night and while fiddling with her, her arms came off the pegs quite easily. Are they supposed to be glued on or something? Or am I just unlucky in finally winding up with a bad QC issue?

As QC goes at least it isn't too bad, her arms aren't broken, they just slide off the pegs far to easily. And since these are display type figures as long as the arms don't fall off on their own in the Detolf it's all good.

Considering the joints involved I'm slightly leery of attempting a solidifying fix as it were, would you recommend a dab of glue to attach them properly, or should I avoid such notions?