SH Figuarts Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Roanstalker, Nov 19, 2009.

1. DukeFett

DukeFett Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Old):
    That's the MSRP. Target isn't spending resources literally buying these from HLJ or something and importing these themselves. They've got plenty of Bandai stuff on shelves now, so it's direct from them.

I've had like a single issue preordering at Target, but otherwise I've literally received everything else no problem between Star Wars, Jurassic Park, and Marvel Legends.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Baltan

Baltan Space Ninja TFW2005 Supporter

I do all my preorders through RedCard, which means no constant holds on top of the 5% discount. My order history with Target is also very successful, only ever getting the sub-$20 Quintesson canceled outright and for some weird reason never fulfilling my Disney+ Zemo. That McF Year 2 Batman was a colossal disaster on Target and some other McF exclusives have also suffered, but thankfully never my Batman Beyond orders.

• Like Like x 1
  3. The Allspice

The Allspice Seasoning is the right of all sentient beings!

Ebay:
    Not just McFarlane toys stuff. They massively bumblebed the release of Prototype Fett, and Prototype Stormtrooper and created artifical scarcity for anyone except the bots. Same goes for Anton Merrick and his bot exclusive 2 AM release window. Gunslinger Spawn was a hot mess, and like you aluded to, good luck getting anything Gold Label.

It's bad enough that I'm in multiple KC toy groups, and even though I only do Black Series, Figuarts Star Wars and DBZ, and MP transformers I still take a snapshot of the toy aisle for groups every Saturday while I'm running errands. It's a common practice collectors everywhere do for each other because Target is so bad. You have to get it in the wild because you cant count on a PO or in-store pickup.They will even do things like stock physical inventory at stores before they have fufilled all pre-orders, which is especially egregious when they make it clear that a P.O. is not a guanrantee of product.

It isn't lile that isn't intentional or a known issue for them though, right? Instead of having any kind of reliable invetory or sales tracking they put the onus of maintaining orders back onto the consumer by making it a game of attrition. It makes Walmarts free-for-all P.O. system seem nice by comparrison. Getting a WM exclusive Rex was a pain but at least once I locked it in i didn't have to check my phone on vacation everyday to make sure they didnt sell it out from under me. I know people who've done that, and it's absurd that they make a hobby into a job at Target.

I've never been stiffed a figure from Target but I've had to confirm POs multiple times, and have always been forwarned that you can't cancel and reorder a hot item because their inventory system won't be able to differentiate between the quantity of a cancelled order versus a new one. I'm glad you've always gotten put alright for the most part too, but they have an absolutely garbage system. Everytime a Target Exclusive drops you can read the tales of woe everywhere. There's one walkable from my house so I shop there, but they are trraaassshhhhhh.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Baltan

Baltan Space Ninja TFW2005 Supporter

I'm not trying to deny the other bad preorder experiences, I've just lucked out in not having looked to them for TFs ever since and usually don't collect the lines that get it worst in the PO department. I do regret having a shot at but passing up the Holiday Special Fett, but only a little.

I think the price and niche appeal of these Star Wars SHFs is going to circumvent a lot of the worst issues with the Target system.

5. DukeFett

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Old):
    +1 on the Red Card. If you shop at Target at all there's no reason not to have it. It's super easy to use it in store with their app too since it can bring up a bar code that scans as your card. I literally have no idea where my physical Red Card is lol.

6. Billy Hoyle

Billy Hoyle Well-Known Member

I don't know anything about licensing stuff but could sh figuarts or figma make jinx from arcane.

iihkth9e8vz61.png

• Like Like x 2
  7. Gabriel Contreras

Gabriel Contreras After 5 years of lurking I finally made an account

News Credits:
    what I meant is I'll wait for Tamashii Nations Japan to post information regarding the product since I don't know if Target is making the deal with Bandai directly or if they're going through Bluefin to make that deal and given that every Bandai toy on Target has the origin as "Import" it really doesnt help clarify as to whether or not they're importing it themselves thus increasing the price similar to how BBTS does it.
    heavygunner.PNG mando.PNG

Every single Dragon Ball toy under the Bandai Spirits label has a Bluefin sticker so they're getting their stock through a distributer not directly though Bandai.

In any case it also occured to me of the possibility of these 2 sharing similar circumstances to the Meisho Mandalorians because as of typing this, there is absolutely no mention or news regarding the release of any of the 2 Meisho Mandalorian variants in Japan. So far they've only been mention by Bluefin and the Tamashii Nations US and I'd be bummed if there would be no other way to get these other than through Target. Also there is n release date, how weird...

If either company goes out of their way to get the proper licensing then; theoretically, yes.

8. Ektris

Ektris Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    BBTS is middlemaning these, that's why their prices are so high. They are doing exactly what DukeFett said and buying from another store first.

There's literally an article from Disney about this. That is the price and they are being officially distributed through Target.

Bluefin IS Bandai btw. They were bought a few years ago.

9. DukeFett

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Old):
    Bandai owns Bluefin. I don't see it making a difference one way or another how they're getting them.

• Like Like x 1
  10. HazySaiyan

HazySaiyan I can quit anytime I want!

PXL_20211208_171105854.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  11. Legate

Legate Plastic Crack Addict

12. HazySaiyan

HazySaiyan I can quit anytime I want!

guess having to pay out the ass for exclusives has its benefits lol

• Like Like x 1
  13. NSJ23

NSJ23 can’t think of something witty..

he was just about prem bandai price on Onki two weeks ago, i almost bought him.

14. ChaoticDarkness

ChaoticDarkness Just here out of boredom TFW2005 Supporter

Got Cooler finally
    00BF7E82-2739-4613-BD24-5FA07DEF821F.jpeg

• Like Like x 13
  15. Mr H

Mr H Old bot from Iacon...

Ebay:
    Sigh, and I had a pending tracking number appear on my FedEx account for him only to disappear later on :( 

16. The Allspice

The Allspice Seasoning is the right of all sentient beings!

Ebay:
    I hear you, I'm normally the guy going "WhAt KiNd Of IdIOt PaYs An EaRlY tAX?". My patience is about worn with this two pack though, and I'm getting dangerously close to being that idiot.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Legate

Legate Plastic Crack Addict

Just remember: collecting isn't a sprint, it's a marathon.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Boknight

Boknight Well-Known Member

EB80DC9F-3906-42C6-A5B4-103C1D39D8AE.jpeg

• Like Like x 10
  19. chinpark

chinpark Active Member

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2021
  20. ChaoticDarkness

ChaoticDarkness Just here out of boredom TFW2005 Supporter

3AC782CD-1803-41A8-8006-CC5AA2188460.jpeg

• Like Like x 10