SH Figuarts Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Roanstalker, Nov 19, 2009.

1. ManelFigures

ManelFigures You can't hear the bass, but you can feel it.

Instagram:
    So, another "F5 Browser" event. Nice.

I hope Kefla and Krillin won't be exclusive event too.

• Like Like x 1
  2. ThatGuyCalledBlaster

ThatGuyCalledBlaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh they absolutely will not. Event exclusives are always some sort of repaint, with the exception being the stands, which are kinda their own beast to begin with.

At most they might be Web Exclusives, but absolutely not event exclusives.

• Like Like x 2
  3. ManelFigures

Instagram:
    Thanks for your info!. Well, if they are web exclusives, I won't able to buy them from Spain. I'm hyped by SSJ4, I hope that it won't be "exclusive whatever". :) 

• Like Like x 1
  4. ThatGuyCalledBlaster

News Credits:
    Yeah, the whole distribution thing with Web Exclusives just sucks so bad. Though I do expect at least Krillin to be a full standard release, looking back at our last 2.0, Piccolo, who ALSO was a standard release. Kefla I could also imagine being standard due to her popularity and her being a poll winner, though at the same time it could just be the complete opposite.

Just out of curiosity, have you tried import sites and/or a proxy service (ie: Tenso, Buyee, Neokyo, etc), or are they unfortunately out of your purview in terms of feasible options?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Flapjacks

Flapjacks Well-well-well Member

Kinda makes sense though why a good number of Dragon Ball Figuarts exclusives end up only here in the US as from what I previously read somewhere, it was Bluefin that stepped in to save the line. They were able to convince Bandai that there is demand for it especially in the US. I may be wrong but that's what I read.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ektris

Ektris Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No you're right.

Also ended up spoiling US fans as for a while web exclusives were just regular releases in the US until we got our own P-Bandai shop. Which is why there's so much animosity towards it, since no more can you pick a retailer and/or wait until things go on discount (which I feel is the real reason people are still upset). Not that that's really much of a thing anymore anyway with regular releases selling out before hitting the proverbial shelf.

And way too many I try to point this out to just do not give a damn or are unwilling to see beyond their own collection interests in how damn convenient it is to have direct access. Try collecting anything else, like Kamen Rider, and you have to pay a whole ton more with most things requiring going through a middleman.

Which is why I do get it from fans in Europe and elsewhere as a lot of Dragon Ball was seemingly cut off. I'm pro Premium Bandai being made available to them too, but if that even is feasible it's probably a long ways off.

(Event stuff notwithstanding - that's genuinely a mess and they need to get their shit together with that. But I'm sure wont...)

• Like Like x 1
  7. ThatGuyCalledBlaster

News Credits:
    So wait how the FUCK did I not notice Zarbon until now?

My god he looks awesome.

8. Legate

Legate RIP Kevin Conroy and Akira Toriyama

That... didn't not happen... :p 

• Like Like x 3
  9. Legate

Also: orders closed on Whis. Went from congestion to "sorry, store's closed". Fucking brilliant.

At least there's Krillin 2.0, Roshi, and Zarbon to look forward to.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Craigmcgowan1984

Craigmcgowan1984 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Really hoping zarbon and dodorria are easier to get a pre-order for, these US exclusives are depressing.

• Like Like x 1
  11. fujishig

fujishig Well-Known Member

Again, you're confusing these event exclusives with regular premium bandai exclusives. A regular premium Bandai exclusive is like the DBS androids up for preorder now, you have at least a month if not more to preorder it for January. It's actually easier to get than something like the SSJ3 Goku reissue, which popped up in some retailers and like immediately sold out.

I've said it before, but if you live in the US the only complaint you can really have for P-bandai for non event exclusives is that they don't go on sale and you have to pay up front plus shipping. Availability is awesome as long as you preorder in time, and it's not like a microscopic window to do so. I wish US companies would do something similar.

• Like Like x 6
  12. ManelFigures

Instagram:
    I didn't try those websites but the customs of Spain are like thiefs. Depending the day they charge you a big f*cking amount of taxes as they wish, without any consensus. Now seems that the governments are regulating this, but they just started and they are messing with everything. An SHF could cost you the double easily. Saying that, I don't know why my articles from China never got stuck on customs, I think that they probably send the items to a European warehouse for avoiding taxes... But even now, AliExpress started to charge you taxes... For a figure of 60€, with taxes and shipping, it will cost you 80€ or more. If I buy on japan or US, the situation will be worst on customs. (Amiami, Nin nin, Mandarake, BigbadToy Store, etc).

The prices with taxes it's something that don't compensates me and I don't wanna pay amounts of high money for toys, I have more hobbies to deal with. I'm not dying for figures like today with the "F5 Browser Event".

Here on Spain, a SHF figure on a local store can have a very good price (depending the model or size, from 35€ to 70€), but this will happen only with regular releases, not with the web-exclusives, event-exclusives, etc... Tamashii seems to think that here we aren't worthy to have them.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Icebot

Icebot Well-Known Member

Yup. I’m perfectly happy with p-Bandai, outside of this stuff. I don’t even know if this will happen again since these are usually at SDCC and in person events. That will all come back eventually.

I wish p-Bandai had gotten the SSJ3 Goku reissue. Never had a chance on that one and I’ve been checking all the sites ever since. I assume around release some more might pop up.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Craigmcgowan1984

Craigmcgowan1984 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'm in Scotland, so US sites in general are a no go for me because of customs and mark ups. If the appear on the Japanese sites I can usually get them but as I said this US only thing makes that impossible.

15. HazySaiyan

HazySaiyan I can quit anytime I want!

If Krillin ends up being a web exclusive I’m going to scream

• Like Like x 3
  16. Legate

Justified.

• Like Like x 3
  17. fujishig

fujishig Well-Known Member

I don't think any of these are US exclusives, though. I haven't checked but I'm pretty sure everything on P-bandai in the US is on p-bandai in Japan (but unfortunately not vice versa... all those Kamen Riders we miss out on...)

• Like Like x 1
  18. ThatGuyCalledBlaster

News Credits:
    Again, I highly doubt Krillin will be a Web Exclusive. Note that he's a release with a subtitle ("Earth's Strongest Man") and historically, those releases have always been standard.

Goku "A Saiyan Raised on Earth" - Standard Release

Frieza "Resurrection" - Standard Release

Piccolo "The Proud Namekian" - Standard Release

The same can also likely be inferred for Vegeta "Proud Saiyan Prince", whenever he's planned to come out.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Legate

Also, there's a different between web exclusives exclusives and event exclusives. This latest batch of figures as very much the latter.

20. Flapjacks

Flapjacks Well-well-well Member

• Like Like x 3