SH Figuarts Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Roanstalker, Nov 19, 2009.

1. Digi

Digi Well-Known Member

Oooooh Raditz looks perfect. They have to release him!

2. optics

optics Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I checked out the 360° virtual tour... not a single Street Fighter figure. It was like 95% DragonBall. The rest being a few Godzilla figs and those samurai Star Wars figures.

3. Gabriel Contreras

Gabriel Contreras After 5 years of lurking I finally made an account

News Credits:
    Are you really surprised? it's a convention in the americas where the only ip that sells well is Dragon Ball. You want Dragon Ball tune in to events in the west, you want something interesting, wait for the events in the east, more specifically Japan.

4. optics

optics Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well if that were the case then why have Godzilla? Why have those samurai Star Wars figures and not ones from the movie/shows? Why have Street Fighter displays at past cons, but not now? Dragon Ball isn't just western thing if you didn't know.... Same goes for Street Fighter and Godzilla. Sagat was first revealed at NYCC.... not during a Japan convention. That East and West doesn't make sense when fans around the world tune in to these events.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Baltan

Baltan Space Ninja

Maybe Bandai is currently done with Street Fighter? Wouldn’t be the first time a line is put on hiatus.

Godzilla sells well in the West and the event had an exclusive, of course it would get some display.

Star Wars meisho figures can be distributed internationally but not the Figuarts, so it makes more sense to not include them.

• Like Like x 1
  6. ThatGuyCalledBlaster

ThatGuyCalledBlaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Didn't Sagat JUST come out? Would be surprising to see them drop the ball right after a new release. Besides, i'm still waiting on a Nash and Ibuki before I decide to go ham and actually get into the line as a whole, just so I have a couple of my other favorites to go with Sakura (my personal favorite), haha.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Baltan

Baltan Space Ninja

I have no clue on Street Fighter specifically, but Bandai definitely has precedent on going quiet on lines they seemingly were just active on.

8. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
  9. Gabriel Contreras

News Credits:
    For Godzilla yeah like 'Chosen' said it sells and is surprisingly popular and i thank god every day for that and not to mention godzilla has a 'cinamatic universe' in the states (wouldve prefered shin godzilla 2 but...whatever.)

As for the Star Wars stuff, yeah like 'Chosen' said because of toy rights and things of nature it is why there have been certain issues bringing those here and why just about every Star Wars web exclusive has been a Japanese only i.e. IG-11 and Palpatine. That being said some are also saying that, that isnt the reason and there are few who do speculate is that Hasbro will refuse to sell to any retailer who stocks SHF Star Wars. In a sense stores are being strong armed, but at the same time, who's going to want to stock Bandai product over Hasbro product in an american market? It would explain why Star Wars SHF's go up for pre-order on BBTS almost on the same month of release and that's not mentioning the price $20-30 price increase on them. An example recently being 'The Mandalorian' and The Rise of Skywalker figuarts. I think the same may be happening to Marvel SHF's considering the same thing happened to Black Widow and Taskmaster but maybe since there was no proper release for the movie bluefin decided against it. In any case it's worth keeping an eye on them.

Is it for for me to assume the the Street Fighter line is dead? absolutely not, but it's most likely a huge bias for me since that whole line, in my opinion, has just been disapointing especially the females. Why the flat face anime designs on them? Every male face sculpt looks almost like it came out of them game except for the ladies. I thank god Storm Collectibles is doing them justice, but it's a shame that it's under Capcom's orders and not because they want to. The Street Fighter line did come out frequently but it has slowly started to peter pit, AND AT THE '4 KINGS' NO LESS THANKS BANDAI.

And i know Dragon Ball isn't a western thing but it blew up when it came to North and Latin America, especially in the latter. If anyone here thinks theyre a 'huge super mega dragon ball fan' you're a chump in their eyes.
    dragonballinlatinos.PNG
    _oDYASK27zhATANXSjBmugQoYQWykGg3hlP3AfjG8xA.jpg

Bandai clearly knows there will always be a market for Dragon Ball in the Americas so you can't blame them for advertising it harder here then in anywhere else.

Side Note: Latin America also loves Saint Seiya, they eat those Saint Cloth Myth figures right up, while most of North doesn't really care.

Side Side Note: Street Fighter is weak in Latin America, if Bandai want's to see money pouring in they need to go after the Art of Fighting/Fatal Fury/King of Fighters' licensing rights, but given that Storm Collectibles has started that ball rolling already, I doubt we'll ever see that.

10. Chaotic91

Chaotic91 Rest in peace Akira Toriyama

Since we're getting Frieza's first form already hopefully we will see the second form along with Zarbon and Dodoria next year.
    Launch aka the character Akira Toriyama completely forgot about. I assume she will come with a head with her blonde hair as well as a gun.

• Like Like x 1
  11. MrDipnSlip

MrDipnSlip UnKnown Member

News Credits:
    Review of Ape Vegeta, in Spanish

12. ManelFigures

ManelFigures You can't hear the bass, but you can feel it.

Instagram:
    It's smaller than they announced... what a dissapointment...

ape.JPG

13. Gabriel Contreras

News Credits:
    Ultraman Z S.H.Figuarts Ultraman Z Alpha Edge
    Price: 3,500 JPY
    Release Date: Dec 2020

Ultraman Geed S.H.Figuarts Ultraman Geed Primitive (New Generation Edition)
    Price: 5,500 JPY
    Release Date: Dec 2020

180512jmzb83by8yv5f2d7.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  14. Digi

Digi Well-Known Member

He’s as big they advertised.

• Like Like x 2
  15. ManelFigures

Instagram:
    Maybe I'm wrong but the prototype leaked picture was this. It seems that normal Vegeta is smaller than Ozaru.
    Who knows!, I expected a larger figure in scale with the others SHF to re-create combat scenes. :oops: 

oozaru_vegeta.jpg

16. SHINOBI03

SHINOBI03 Well-Known Member

That size reference is very misleading. I compared the height listed with my Vegeta who stands at 160mm at the top of his hair and this is the right scale. If Ozaru Vegeta was the same size displayed here, he'd reach about 448 mm.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  17. Digi

Digi Well-Known Member

Yeah, 325mm is almost 13 inches. He’s listed at 12 inches on all official solicitations. The vegeta figure is what’s wrong in that prototype comparison, not the Oozaru.

• Like Like x 1
  18. ManelFigures

Instagram:
    Thank you both!. What a pity, I prefer a 448 mm Oozaru in scale with the other figures. This figure it's like Shenron, it's made to being display it alone.

19. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    If anyone's looking for Beerus/Whis, Golden Freeza, the original Freeza release, the original Cell release, or the 2.0 version of Super Saiyan Vegeta, hit me with a PM as I'm selling mine off. Beerus/Whis will only be sold together.

20. infinite_virtue

infinite_virtue Well-Known Member

I don't know where that prototype image is from but they've showed actual size comparisons to the Vegeta before: S.H.Figuarts史上最大級のスケール!魂ウェブ商店「S.H.Figuarts 大猿ベジータ」は4月5日受注締切! : S.H.Figuarts(エス・エイチ・フィギュアーツ) スタッフブログ
    Size is the same as in those preview images.