SH Figuarts Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Roanstalker, Nov 19, 2009.

1. Gabriel Contreras

Gabriel Contreras After 5 years of lurking I finally made an account

News Credits:
    Screenshot_20200717-083142.png

Edit: picture has message in full.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
  2. Icebot

Icebot Well-Known Member

Usually they ask those crazy prices right away but with the market flooded they don’t sell. After a few weeks I’d bet they will be cheaper. I can live without them so I’m not paying regardless. I wouldn’t be surprised if we see a 2.0 or Super version soon. They would want to get one more use out of these molds before they announce something like that.

3. Sarge133

Sarge133 Grimlock Nut

Ebay:
    Given whats happened with Kaioken Goku and Blue Vegito?

I'm just gonna wait for 2.0 Androids. I got my Sign Goku.

4. ThatGuyCalledBlaster

ThatGuyCalledBlaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  5. Baltan

Baltan Space Ninja

Do you have the link though? Screenshotting part of an announcement isn’t that helpful.

6. Gabriel Contreras

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  7. anubis20

anubis20 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    I spent almost two hours last night refreshing and finally got my order through at 10:54PM EST for all 4 items (Goku, Androids, and stands). This was even worse than preorders on Amiami.

I dont think they are sold out, i just think they turned them off and will be putting them up again later. Also limiting to 6 per order was a pretty stupid idea, its should've been one or two max.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Baltan

Baltan Space Ninja

Oh, no worries, thank you!

Of course the main thing I'd be looking to order (Godzilla) doesn't have any such issues, lol. I'm not even 100% sure I want it, I just know it'd look cool next to Comic-Con Explosion Godzilla.

9. Flapjacks

Flapjacks Well-well-well Member

That's the typical limit p-bandai puts even for web exclusives in Japan. I think they may announce a 2nd round of pre-orders but with a later release date which again, is their practice.

10. Icebot

Icebot Well-Known Member

The issue with the limits for other preorders is that they are going to make however many are ordered and you have time to do it. Here I’m guessing they have a fixed number of units and that’s it.

Yeah, this always happens when exclusives are releases. First week or so it’s sellers trying to get crazy prices but nothing sells so the prices come back down. Especially when most online stores aren’t asking near what the eBay scalpers want. Eventually the prices go way back up and stay there but there is a window where the after market price isn’t as bad.

I wanted Goku to have a battle damaged version with the full undershirt. I’m sure we will get that body in some form eventually so not worried.

I wanted the androids but I would be content with Super versions and we may get a 2.0 soonish so I’m not too worried and won’t overpay. I had the Androids at one point but sold them off a couple years back as I needed the money.

I got the stands, which I really did want and I’m not sure will be anywhere else so maybe I got as good as I could get. It’s just frustrating that I had them all in my cart right away and people who came later were able to buy but I wasn’t.

11. Gabriel Contreras

News Credits:
    The Monsterarts Godzilla and Figuarts ZERO event exclusives are up for pre-order on BBTS they're above the sticker price, but if interested, keep your eyes peeled for the figuarts

12. Legate

Legate RIP Kevin Conroy and Akira Toriyama

On a separate note, my Ginyu pre-order at HLJ just got paid. Already pulled the shipping trigger.

13. Flapjacks

Flapjacks Well-well-well Member

My experience with web exclusives in P-Bandai Japan is that the units are always fixed. I'm surprised to see some SHF on the US site to be open and is a made to order process.

14. Ektris

Ektris Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Even if we get 2.0 Androids, they're probably going to be based on Super and while I actually prefer 17's new ranger look, I don't like 18's tracksuit look at all. So I'll probably still be happy with the Z ones I've got coming.

Also turns out I was wasting a ton of time last night trying to apply a promo code that wasn't going to work lol. Even though the email for free shipping came from Premium Bandai, the code was for Bluefin's site only... Real confusing there...

• Like Like x 1
  15. Icebot

Icebot Well-Known Member

That may be the case. I’m not sure about the Japanese site. I know the whole concept p-Bandai USA sold was everything made to order.

16. avc-prime

avc-prime Well-Known Member

So it seems my order went through I placed two orders since I thought the first one was cancelled I wonder if they will ship both orders now, or one, or none. If Bandai wanted to to give back to the fans they need to open the items for more orders they know they will sell out again, I read that people could order up to 26 copies of the same item too, crazy. I'm also at a point where I can't support DBZ figuarts when brand new figures are close to $80 and large figures are close to $100. If you are familiar with Saint Seiya EX line you know how Bandai likes to over price those items now, which one of the reason I have not bought any new EX items.

17. ThatGuyCalledBlaster

News Credits:
    They changed it from 24 to 6 prior to the POs opening, iirc.

• Like Like x 2
  18. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    I saw that too. I had put 3 in the cart, hit a timeout, tried again, hit a timeout, tried again, and ultimately landed on the cart page with 9. Then I had to knock it down to 3 again, hit the timeout, and was shunted off to the shipping/payment pages with more timeouts in between. I thought for sure I'd end up with half a dozen orders of 3 by the time it was over.

This time is a little different because it's cancelled convention exclusives.

19. Icebot

Icebot Well-Known Member

Exactly. This is the point I made in an earlier post. We don’t likely see more of these if this was their entire allotment. They weren’t prepared for the traffic that this would cause and didn’t do the things they could have made it easier for collectors to get orders in. 6 is also just too many if you are wanting individuals to get them for themselves. Seems that wasn’t their goal.

20. ThatGuyCalledBlaster

News Credits:
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
    • Like Like x 13