SH Figuarts Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Roanstalker, Nov 19, 2009.

1. ShadowOfLght

ShadowOfLght Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Completely agree with you both. With everything else coming out, it seems keeping up with Dragonball so much harder. And the fact taht they just keep releasing variations of the same characters.

2. Icebot

Icebot Well-Known Member

I’ve passed on a fair amount of the Dragon Ball releases but I have pretty much everyone I really want. Yamcha and Tien was at that point when most of this line was selling and would be cheaper if you wait so told myself I’d only get them if they were on sale. Tien I do kinda wish I had but I’m not bothered by it. Same with the Broly movie version of Vegeta. Only really wanted the heads.

3. jnguyen

jnguyen Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm at the same point as you. I quit awhile back and missed out on a bunch. Started again this year and finally caught up (minus whiz, beerus, and roshi). Now i'm regretting catching up and thinking about selling all of them once again. I don't feel the same joy of getting them like I do with my MP figures. The rate these figures come out make it feel almost burdensome. I feel like I'm just getting them to not miss out at this point and it's too much work to sell 60+ figures so I just keep collecting instead of fully quitting hahah.

4. DukeFett

DukeFett Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I am sooooo happy I never got into Dragonball as a kid lol

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jacer

Jacer Find Kill Cleanse Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 3
  6. infinite_virtue

infinite_virtue Well-Known Member

Luckily I've reached the point where I'm pretty happy with my DBZ Figuarts collection. It's mainly focused on the Saiyans anyways and now the only ones I'm hoping they make are Goten and Kid Trunks. I've passed on most of the new releases.

7. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Veteran

News Credits:
    Thank goodness AmiAmi had an option for DHL :D 

[​IMG]

I got Task Master and Black Widow on the way :D 

• Like Like x 2
  8. redrum2581

redrum2581 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    i'm with you, if it wasn't for nitpicking the heck out of what i want as a collection i'd have given up, i only stay up to date bcuz of my strict SS1 only desire (there's tech some SS2 in there as well i think)

• Like Like x 2
  9. NSJ23

NSJ23 on TFW2005 for everything but TF's....

Happily still buying and enjoying my DBZ figuarts even if i think i just received my 12th version of goku:confused2 

• Like Like x 3
  10. ThatGuyCalledBlaster

ThatGuyCalledBlaster No relation to the Autobot, ironically. TFW2005 Supporter

While i'm sitting here waiting for some new stuff or more 2.0s (where tf is Krillin???), that's basically me, haha.

At least we have Vegito, Piccolo 2.0, Zamasu and Kid Gohan, among some others, soon to be a nice change of pace for the year.

Got UI Goku in last week alongside my 3rd copy of MMC's Onslaught (returned the first, sold the second) and MMC's Re-edited Drift. Looks awesome and feels the part as well.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

I don't mind there being a lot of Gokus since they keep a diverse cast coming out (compared to other lines), but this became a line where you have to either preorder the figures or buy them the first week they came out in order to not have to deal with the secondary mark-up.

I guess if anything, there is the US Bandai line which Bandai appears to finally be taking seriously based on how well 17, 18, and a few recent figures I saw look.

12. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    If they keep going with the original DB line, specifically Yamcha and Launch, I could see clearing out the handful of DBZ figures I've accumulated. I mean I'll watch Z and Super if they're on but the original is actually fun to watch for its own sake.

• Like Like x 3
  13. NSJ23

for me the last figure like that was goku black and maybe SS3 goku. i'm still mad i pre-ordered full power broly and SSB goku, those hit when BBTS had to start charging CA tax. but those were the last two bluefin releases i paid full price for everyone from then to just before ultra instinct goku i got for cheap from amazon or barnes.

14. Icebot

Icebot Well-Known Member

I feel it’s gone in phases. They had some releases where maybe they produced too much and they went to clearance then underproduced a bunch of guys like Goku Black and people started preordering again. I just so happened to preorder him and remembered even before I got mine people saying he couldn’t be found anywhere. Now it feels like most releases are back to hanging around a bit. I’m glad I skip what doesn’t feel essential or isn’t the version I want. Like with Buu I want a kid Buu so I passed on the last two (KO Super Buu could be worth it). The bigger figures do seem a harder sell. Maybe just the cost.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Nems

Nems Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Got my first Figuarts figure today, Sailor Mars! It's still really easy (and fairly cheap, $44 shipping included) to get the Sailor Moon figures.

IMG_3738b.JPG
    IMG_3739b.JPG
    IMG_3740b.JPG

Also, I really need to get some alternate backgrounds.

• Like Like x 7
  16. Gabriel Contreras

Gabriel Contreras After 5 years of lurking I finally made an account

News Credits:
    He came out last month in Japan so he should've been due this month unless the current state of the world affected Bluefin's shipment

• Like Like x 1
  17. rodimusconvoy

rodimusconvoy Well-Known Member

Me too, hahaha

• Like Like x 1
  18. Twin Lambo fan

Twin Lambo fan Also loves Snarl

as far as SHF DBZ goes, I just collected Vegeta since he's my favorite. Of course I've got (just about), one at each level for my display, Saiyan Saga, SS1(this is Supers line), SS2/Majin(although, I wish he was or the option was there for a battle damaged, final showdown with Buu version, and SS God Vegeta. All SHF minus one, and that is all I have lol. Along with the movie collectibles 8" version from the Return of Cooler. It makes for a pretty neat display together on a Detolf shelf.

I admit though, I do want the final Showdown Cap like no tomorrow and maybe a few others like Scarlet Witch and mk 85 Iron Man.

19. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Veteran

News Credits:
    Starting to love DHL more and more :lol 

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  20. NSJ23

My Spider-man hit the states Sunday and Cali Monday, but my delivery date is July 6th i was hoping he would arrive today.