SH Figuarts Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Roanstalker, Nov 19, 2009.

1. Legate

Legate Plastic Crack Addict

I'm not even that into Kamen Rider, but that looks slick.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    Yeah it sucks. But great if you can get a preorder in. "If" being the working word here :lol  But I kinda kept tabs on it just to see how bad it's get....

Here's what they were...before (during preorder or if they ran out of their "allotted" stock they'd sell for the discounted preorder pricing)

NY-before.jpg

Then after:

NY-after.jpg

Then just now:

NY-after 2.jpg

So initially it went up about 1000 - 1300 yen depending on the figure. But it went up again 500 - almost 1800 yen more depending on the figure. If we're converting that to USD...that's really not that much. Of course, AJ has the MCU figures for already over 10k Yen. We have to keep in mind NY gives preorder discount pricing. Once that runs out, they're allowed to charge what other shops are charging (or right around there). I wouldn't expect US retailers to charge anywhere near what NY charges for preorder pricing. If they did (and I've never actually seen it), then well...it might be worth the wait? But in reality, or at least 90% of the time that I estimate, it's worth a try to get the preorder discounts at the various Japanese retailer stores. If you can't get one there, there's always the US retailers.

• Like Like x 3
  3. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    I can't upvote you on this. This pricejacking is center stage now but their customer service and shipping are supposedly horror stories as well. That said, I absolutely understand the temptation to do this. The reality is that toy sellers have to make their money where they can. For every MCU SHF that they try to get an extra $10 on, there are a dozen other things that sit forever until they're given away well below wholesale. It has to balance out. Collectors have clearly chosen to be pricejacked on preorders versus not waiting for Ollies.

SHF is just depressing sometimes. They aren't a viable product locally and haven't been for several years. I like them but the prices have just gone nuts the last three or four years. Hopefully the Dragon Ball line lives long enough to do Launch and desert bandit Yamcha.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  4. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    Saw this posted on another figures forum this morning:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. Megatron118

Megatron118 Excelsior! Moderator

I didn’t have any issues ordering and receiving Hawkeye from them, but I didn’t use customer service so I can’t say for certain. But it arrived safely and well packaged. Just took a week or two.

6. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

All good! I’m not here for a popularity contest, I just enjoy talking about and learning about toys.

As far as “supposedly”, I can tell you factual stories about their customer service as someone who buys almost everything I have from Japan from NY. All my items come nicely wrapped in bubble wrap and extra padding (Japanese newspapers) when needed. Zero issues out of all my hundreds of items I purchased there. Every time I’ve contacted them with a request, they have responded and come through within a day or week at most as long as it wasn’t something blatantly against their policies. Even then, they have allowed me to cancel several orders against their no cancellation policy. Recently, Arcadia had a product that came from the factory with wrong parts and they admitted fault and offered replacement parts to Japanese customers only. Among all the main Japanese retailers including Amazon Japan and amiami, ONLY Nippon Yassan and HLJ went out of there way to try to secure the parts for all their customers. I just got that item a couple months after release because I use their cheap ferry shipping and I was a bit concerned if they would still help me. They responded in one day and had the part out to me the day after I confirmed.

Bottom line is a lot of these products are for the Japanese market only and any company selling them to us is already going above what they need to do to serve us. All these sales should be considered at your own risk. We are very lucky to have such easy access to toys that were extremely difficult to find before these online shops decided to serve us. All these shops have some quirky and sometimes annoying policies and some of those might be to protect them from the entitlement we all see from shoppers in the US (see all the figure swapping going on) and also because they just might not be able to support products not sanctioned for sale here.

NY is the only company that is doing anything noticeable to improve the shopping experience there. Some of what they are doing might be annoying but they are the only website besides Amazon Japan that doesn’t constantly crash when you are trying to order and you can actually stay logged in all the time instead of having to log in again at checkout. I’d rather have a chance at getting the lowest price with them than just flat out paying more at other spots if I am even able to make an order. The bottom line is calling a company criminal for practicing capitalistically is very fitting but ironic and it paints a picture to me about people in general. All good, I’m happy to have options and would prefer if more people didn’t shop where I do so I have better chances of getting what I want. :D 

• Like Like x 3
  7. Zebulon

Zebulon Well-Known Member

On the other hand, their customer service is apparently pretty awful if you need post-purchase support and I have absolutely zero interest in supporting a company that engages in the sort of practices they do regarding shipping costs being jacked at time of product arrival and the whole putting up things for pre-order, taking them down, jacking prices, and putting them back up, and doing so multiple times. To say nothing of frequently doing that then removing pay it later on over-the-counter Bandai products, treating them as if they've suddenly turned into web exclusives. They're an option of last resort for me, nothing more. Not going to treat a company that engages in that sort of behavior like it's doing me a favor for selling me a product when there's dozens upon dozens of other options for buying that product.

• Like Like x 1
  8. OptionZero

OptionZero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Fuck I cannot wait for all the zero one designs

they all seem to eschew the busy later heisei designs and fall closer to Showa era with modern flair

• Like Like x 2
  9. Gabriel Contreras

Gabriel Contreras After 5 years of lurking I finally made an account

SHF SS Den-O Sword Form and Gun Form
    Price: 8,800 JPY (tax included)
    Release Date: April 2020

image_den-oycRVvRKmgQgdSwqxPEJcjGSckvVKSRhL-e1574672301621.jpg
    02RAOZalCXnlppWOkuXBurtmLczzIocemO.jpg
    05hCWRPOeYXhJyZSRjGzofSrLixftyugOo.jpg
    03KQjRfDFloSsGhTTgGyKIFYirXfYbfgvq.jpg
    04MsshzTTRxWfmLwGoeRSqLFwvoJLPEiLG.jpg
    06dYBQRuHiFzlSpDsRfDaongwsyrqImqSZ.jpg

From the looks of it, it seems that it will come included with the gun form parts and you'll be able to swap them to your liking similar to how they're doing the SS OOO line the difference being that if you want to display both forms you have to buy 2.

Thanks Bandai!!!

Last edited: Nov 25, 2019
  10. Gabriel Contreras

AVENGERS ENDGAME SHF'S PREORDERS REOPENED ON AMIAMI NOT THE SALE PRICE BUT IF YOURE LOOKING FOR PREORDERS GOGOGOGO

AS OF NOV 27TH ORDERS ARE CLOSED

Last edited: Nov 27, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  11. Raiju

Raiju Kaiju Mod Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Nabbed Rescue and Cap. Thanks for the heads up!

12. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

I thought OOO didn’t actually parts-swap, that’s why they had some of the random combos as exclusives?

13. Gabriel Contreras

this is what i mean by part swap so im not sure if you're thinking of it swaping in another way
    2290360.jpeg

i think tamashii nations even made a video showing off the fact that you can split it apart

edit: yeah i found it. skip to 6:33

Last edited: Nov 25, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Ektris

Ektris Well-Known Member

Yeah, OOO Tatoba just didn't end up coming with any swappable parts like first scans made it seem like he might. Still totally can do it though.

Den-o coming with them is awesome. Although I guess you'd need 2 now if you want all the forms displayed and since you get both in one box it's more expensive on the whole.. so a little unfortunate. But I was only likely ever to get Sword out of the base forms, so I'm still excited by it.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

Can’t watch at work, but didn’t realize that since OOO didn’t include Kamakiri. Very cool! I guess the random combos weren’t so random after all as they must facilitate more of the alternate forms that existed instead.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    West Coaster, up early for a conference call but didn't think about checking AmiAmi until after it was over. Managed to nab Cap and Iron Man, already have Spidey on tap from HLJ when that reopened yesterday. Just missing Rescue.

17. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Wait, so OOO can separate? Then why are they doing full form combos?

18. Gabriel Contreras

Each form has a different sculpt so I can understand why they're separated into parts
    All_OOO_Combo_Clones.jpg
    as opposed to what Den-O is doing which just seems to be armor and helmet the only caveat being wing form, climax form and liner form that will probably need a new figure entirely

• Like Like x 1
  19. matrixprime

matrixprime Just a guy who likes toys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Got my shipping notice from Bluefin for Piccolo Daimo. Should be here by next week!

20. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    Naw I had it the day I posted. I waited to see, for the same reason, price. But it was also guaranteed delivery as well, so I was pretty confident.