SH Figuarts Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Roanstalker, Nov 19, 2009.

1. NSJ23

NSJ23 Binalternator Lover

He's out there, just not for a reasonable price. :(  trying so hard to not pay double for this bare bones release.... i know the weapon parts set will come out in the future.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Megatron118

Megatron118 Excelsior! Moderator

With what weapons though? He didn’t really use anything besides a blade and the nano lighting refocused. At this point I’m just hoping for a reissue. But I’m very tempted to get one on eBay for the low 100s range. Also curious what Hasbro’s will look like but who knows when we’ll see that

3. NSJ23

Back pack that came with Mk 50 version 3 but should not have and maybe the gauntlet. besides that i don't know.

Yeah, i'm looking at a few for about exactly double the retail price shipped trying not to pull the trigger.

4. Megatron118

It’s so tempting. I know the price won’t get any cheaper, but I keep hoping HLJ or someone else will get it back in for retail. I’ve heard there are some QC issues with the gold paint though, which I hope isn’t universal. I’d feel even worse paying that much for something that has that issue.
    Ugh. Fuck tamashii for making these Endgame figures so limited

• Like Like x 1
  5. NSJ23

Yup, i was holding off overpaying until HLJ lists it as discontinued lol

6. Nemesis Otaku

Nemesis Otaku “Part of the journey is the End.”

Instagram:
    I’d say we’re going to get 2 more releases of the MK.85. One will have the same accessories as the MK.50 3rd release, with some arm blades, while the other would be the battle damaged version (new RDJ headsculpt (one injured, one where he’s deceased, and one fine), Gauntlet, and all the sculpted damage the suit withstood.

I feel you man, but it’s (probably) not gonna be worth it when you’ll be able to get a “better” version in probably a year.

• Like Like x 1
  7. NSJ23

Yeah, after much thought i went with the hot toys mk 85, if this one comes available for retail i may still try and get it but if not i'll wait for the upgraded version if it comes.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    Damn DHL is fast! My Mk 85 is out for delivery.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Dark Skull

News Credits:
    DHL just dropped this guy off. Don't have time to mess with it yet. Maybe after work :D 

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  10. Dark Skull

News Credits:
    So I got a chance to open up Mk-85 and did the hand swap with Endgame Cap so he can be worthy...

[​IMG]

Only problem is...while he doesn't have America's ass...he does seem to have a worthy diaper. Right?

[​IMG]

Anyway, I looked over the instructions on Mk-85 and it doesn't seem to have anything that can be removed from the back. Though I'm sure the previous pictures that someone posted would have already suggested that. You can remove the middle pack panel, but there are no slots to attach any of the nano weapon set 1 onto it. Dunno about how the weapon set 2 would attach. Hopefully Entertainment Earth will deliver on mine to I can see. So it's kinda disappointing. But oh well. It's going into my make shift hall of armor anyway:

[​IMG]

But the head between the Tony Stark reissue I got and Mk-85 were easily removable, but I noticed an immediate problem:

[​IMG]

The ball joints are definitely not the same size. Despite my shitty picture, the ball joint on Tony Stark's head is actually smaller than the ball joint for the Mk-85 so it did not allow for a good fit for either head if I tried to swap em between the two figures without modification. Which is just as well because I'm not about to do that to these expensive figures :p  But, I did try a "fitting" anyway to see what it would look like:

[​IMG]

Blech....yuck. I don't like the giraffe neck :lol  So yeah, that idea is a no go. The Mk-85 on the Tony Stark body was a no go either (not pictured) because it never really attached being that the ball joint on the body was too small for the Mk-85 head to lock down.

So...back to the hall or armor for both of these.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
  11. Megatron118

Scale with worthy Cap is perfect. So you think it’s a good figure overall? No issues with yours? I’m like thiiiis close to pulling the trigger on one on eBay for $119. Not thrilled with the price, but it’s the lowest I’ve seen

12. Dark Skull

News Credits:
    Oh yeah, I was messing around with it. Joints are nice and stiff. Stands by itself really well without wobble. Overall, yeah. I did read about the paint potentially scuffing so I was more or less handling it with kid gloves :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  13. Megatron118

Yeah that seems to be an issue with a lot of IM figures nowadays. I got the new revoltech IM and it’s great, but I’ve already scuffed the paint in a handful of spots because I’ve been posing it so much. I guess it adds realism? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My dilemma now is either wait for Hasbro’s to be revealed and potentially lose my chance to buy the SHF, or pay the higher prices now. I doubt they’ll release a battle-damaged version with the stones hand; tamashii doesn’t usually do battle damage repaints afaik, could be wrong

14. Dark Skull

News Credits:
    That certainly is an option, but for me..that hall of armor has to be shiny :D  And between the SHF and ML, the paint job on the SHF has always surpassed that of the MLs no matter how I try to slice it n dice it. Poseability is always better. But due to the "premium-ness" of the SHF, playability is always going to be on the ML side as long as I don't get a warped joint. Kinda hard to mess up IM's eyes so that's another plus :lol  And I say that because I have one SHF IM that has some scratched paint on one of it's shoulders. So much so that when another copy came up for sale I bought another. But still, I can't pass up on the SHFs if I can preorder them :D 

• Like Like x 2
  15. wheeljack01

wheeljack01 Happiness is a warm gun

• Like Like x 1
  16. Megatron118

Oh wow, thanks for the tip! That’s actually cheaper than at Napon Yasan! I just preordered.

Too bad they can’t get more Mark 85s in stock at retail price...

• Like Like x 1
  17. Ektris

Ektris Well-Known Member

Ugh I was putting off ordering Infinity War Hulk to see what we got for Endgame but I'm not thrilled with this Hulk that much. BBTS had him in stock a few weeks ago but just checked and it's out now. Should've moved sooner.

And glad I didn't offload the AoU one yet ha.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Megatron118

I’m fine with it, I just wish the head looked more like Mark Ruffalo. Or at the very least, have the correct haircut and gray fading on the temples

19. Nemesis Otaku

Nemesis Otaku “Part of the journey is the End.”

Instagram:
    7363A8DE-AED4-4457-9169-4C1A2E21AE00.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  20. NSJ23

mykombini has it for $113 shipped, i think amazon does too. not much more than if BBTS still had it.