SH Figuarts Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Roanstalker, Nov 19, 2009.

1. Nemesis Otaku

Nemesis Otaku Why did I un-ironically call myself an otaku?

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    The main thing putting me off is the headsculpt(s). He looks rather bored, which is an expression he never really had in the film. The rest of him looks nice though, but it would be kinda funny to have a casually-dressed Thor and Hulk SHF.

Really hope we start getting more teases for the rest of the cast.

2. infinite_virtue

infinite_virtue Well-Known Member

I find people are often expecting them to come with specific things that were seen in the movie which I get. It would be nice if all the releases came with all the important accessories and honestly SHF MCU figures have been a bit scarce in terms of accessories lately. On the other hand, it's like people often forget that these are probably well into development before the movie details are finalized and since Marvel loves to tweak things from early concepts to the final cut of the movie, it's gonna be hard for Bandai to make 100% movie accurate figures while also releasing the figures in a relatively timely manner to coincide with the movie releases. Not to mention Marvel is pretty secretive about lots of things to prevent leaks and spoilers. So I understand where people's disappointments/frustrations come from but I also can understand why some figures might be inaccurate or not come with certain accessories. I'm just glad we're still getting MCU figures because I would really like to round out my Avengers display with all the Endgame characters. Haha.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Megatron118

Megatron118 Excelsior! Moderator

News Credits:
    Agreed 100%. Honestly I’m still pretty impressed with how accurate the figures are overall given how often and last minute Marvel changes things. I’d like to start rounding out my 1/12 scale MCU cast too before Phase 4 starts kicking into gear. The ML Endgame Hulk looks very nice but it’s just too big, it’s even taller than the BAF Thanos! Which is nuts considering Smart Hulk is shorter than normal Hulk

• Like Like x 1
  4. Twin Lambo fan

Twin Lambo fan Also loves Snarl

That’s kind of the way I’m leaning(source a hammer and fist). I was just going to get the ML version but thought I was “upgrading” with the SHF.
    Off to eBay I go lol :oops: 

• Like Like x 1
  5. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    Bang... 20190607_173849.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  6. NSJ23

NSJ23 Not today Chumly, not today.

damn it! BBTS shipped my Gogeta instead of sending it to pile of loot, so i probably messed that up since it’s my first time using that but i’m mad because i could already have had Broly already lol now he will arrive after Gogeta....

7. Luna189

Luna189 Active Member

Hi guys! Anyone here already received the shipping notice of the Mark 50 Nano Set 2 yet?

8. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 GATTAI Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Got Gogeta and Broly in on Monday and made some time for pics. Also got Buu in but haven't had a chance to shoot him yet. More pics on my twitter!

• Like Like x 6
  9. OptionZero

OptionZero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This might have been brought up before already, so apologies

I just dug up my SHF Captain America's and NONE of them have a "holding things" hand to wield Mjolnor
    Infinity War Steve Rogers has a "holding things" hand for the staff, but it appears the balljoint socket on the hand is too small for the balljoint of the body on any of the Captain Americas

what a whiff by bandai

10. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    All the more reason to sell you the new Endgame Cap they'll put out later with Mjolnir and broken shield. :lol 

• Like Like x 2
  11. infinite_virtue

Really? I thought I saw some pictures on Facebook or Instagram where some one used one of the hands from IW Cap and it worked with Endgame Cap. Though I don't think any modifications were mentioned either. I haven't received my Endgame cap yet so I can't test it out for myself.

12. Geof7609

Geof7609 Brake Pioneer

I'm not sure why you're having an issue with the hands, the "holding" hand from my IW Cap plugs onto the Endgame Cap's wrist just fine. This is actually the first time I've heard of any problem with it.

13. OptionZero

News Credits:
    I'll try again. When I first tried, it didn't snap on easily and I didn't force it
    EDIT:
    Yup, no luck.

To be clear, I am trying to put IW Steve Rogers "holding" hands on to a Civil War Captain America body, not the Endgame version.

The ball/socket is DEFINITELY different.

CW Cap has a much bigger ball/socket- i tried putting CW Caps' hand on IW Steve and it does not catch at all, the socket is clearly bigger.

Likewise, no amount of force is gonna get the IW Steve hand onto a CW Cap body

This means:
    Avengers & Civil War Captain America are repaints - they'll be the same. This is the version of the mold that has the bicep swivel and shoulder armor

Infinity war and Endgame are slight remolds of each other, using the same hand size. This version has no bicep swivel or shoulder armor. Those nutjobs at Bandai actually did all the shield-related hands in the smaller ball/socket size

EDIT #2:
    More bad news. I just noticed the IW Steve has a WORSE FOOT/ANKLE AS WELL. Civil War Cap has a double joint - a simple hinge, then a balljoint below it for greater movement. Steve is a straight up balljoint only that handles all the movement. Another downgrade. Pull the foot off of Steve and you'll see what i mean.

Very clearly Bandai was cutting down on the parts count for the IW and Endgame figures, plus other figures along the way (Buckey, Starlord)

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
  14. OptionZero

News Credits:
    This seems inevitable, sadly. And they're still gonna screw us out of the bicep joint

• Like Like x 2
  15. infinite_virtue

Ok, thought you were trying with the Endgame Cap. It sort of makes sense that IW Cap is incompatible with previous versions since that's when they updated the Cap body by removing the bicep swivel and switching to double ball jointed ankles. I do agree that those changes worsened the articulation but I never made the connection that maybe it was to reduce the parts count. Definitely makes sense from that perspective on why they suddenly switched in the IW Cap.

16. OptionZero

News Credits:
    I hate it.

They already have the damn mold available.

All they REALLY needed to do for infinity war was include the bearded head mold, short sleeve forearms, and the smaller shields. I know we've already discussed the licensing/production problem with early art, but really . . . they had a freakin' mold for this character already! The lower half of the body is pretty close as well, except they bothered using WORSE joints in the ankles as well. They really did this the hard way for a worse result

i would gladly pay $5-10 more if the licensing fees were an issue.

gimmie all the joints and accessories

17. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    Fortunately, I hated that IW Cap costume, so it doesn't bother me at all that both companies botched it. As far as I'm concerned Marvel botched it themselves when they kept it for a whole movie.

18. Twin Lambo fan

Twin Lambo fan Also loves Snarl

I feel like you're not getting your money's worth with Endgame Cap. I really feel he should've come with more. At least a broken a shield and Mjolnir. Especially if the Marvel Legends did, SHF has no excuse not too....

• Like Like x 1
  19. Lex79

Lex79 Well-Known Member

Opened my Broly today, I'm incredibly satisfied with him. I had a bad start with Figuarts Goku Ssj and Piccolo but the latest releases have all been positive experiences.

20. Megatron118

Megatron118 Excelsior! Moderator

News Credits:
    Agreed, Hasbro really pulled a fast one when they revealed their Cap. I still would’ve liked if they included a third bloody and dirty head, but Mjolnir was icing on the cake after the new sculpt work. I have a feeling Hasbro and SHF will release battle damaged versions of their respective Cap figures with the broken shield and worn out suits later next year. Those might be worth the additional pickup

• Like Like x 2