SG Goldbug

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Jtprime17, Jun 22, 2021.

1. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes, they are being referential, but its still not the same continuity, so trying to say that funpub "established the canon" is false because this is a new canon

• Like Like x 4
  2. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Perhaps "established the precedent" would have been more accurate. There seems to be a clear effort by Hasbro to use FunPub's designs (not just the SG concept itself) as inspiration, even as they occasionally go in different directions.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I didn’t count repurposes just because there’s so darn many and I don’t remember them all.

Most likely. Hopefully one 3P or another will make an upgrade kit or I’ll just deal with it. Still on preorder. I think I preordered two.

And that’s fine.

4. NexMix

NexMix Gives Cybertron too much credit

Even so, they already have the combat megatron head for the mold right?

• Like Like x 4
  5. Jeddostotle7

Jeddostotle7 Well-Known "Member"

Yeah, honestly the Combat Megatron head probably would've worked better.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Are we seriously back to complaining about SG Megatron's head? Cmon yall, this is the thread for complaining that SG Goldbug doesn't use the Beetle mold

• Like Like x 13
  7. Rated X

Rated X Well-Known Member

Thanks Pete !
    I like the concept and look foward to see where Hasbro goes with it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. SoundWave88

SoundWave88 Neo-Con

Are any Shattered Glass figures going to be regular release?

9. Jeddostotle7

No, only in these Pulse-exclusive releases with the comics.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    yes, but they don’t seem to want to use it for some reason.

11. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not for this 5 figure Capsule Collection (Blurr, Megatron, Starscream, Goldbug, Jetfire) in America. SG Prime and Ratchet were released as Selects figures, so there's the possibility that more SG will follow in Selects after the Capsule Collection is done. They seem to be some what of a regular release in Asia, not sure about Europe though.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Q Prime

Q Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    At least in the UK, they're available at Pulse and certain online stores.

• Like Like x 1
  13. stad

stad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I literally included Pete's quote in my reply to you. I wouldn't have made that declaration until someone who actually knew said something, which they did.

• Like Like x 7
  14. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    Well there literally can’t be any more Unicron Trilogy repurposing as there are no modern Unicron Trilogy toys to repurpose.

Hasbro like Botcon can only use molds they have available to them. In 2008, they only had the small classics line available and the Unicron Trilogy line. So that’s what they used. Later more generations toys were made and they could also use some movie line molds.

00C15E31-B26D-4710-A774-BEC3DD15E311.jpeg 19E21D5F-013E-4782-A444-552B516B5493.jpeg

15. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

Since y’all are being off topic, I’ll join in: I already predict that I’m going to reaaaally like the SG Jetfire deco but I’ll be super sad to have to not get it because I can’t fit something that large into my collection. On the plus side, I bet it’s going to look great.

• Like Like x 4
  16. Rated X

I am aware who he is, but I was not aware he was posting here. Sorry to ruin your gotcha moment.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2021
  17. Jeddostotle7

once again:

literally, the message you were replying to, had a quote from Pete in it, and you somehow totally missed it
    Screenshot_20210628-130029_Chrome.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  18. Rated X

Let me rephrase what I stated earlier to clarify, I know who Pete is from my knowledge of Botcon, but I had no idea he had an account on this website. Sorry if I robbed you of your gotcha moment by not realizing that was him. He is probably reading this now with a facepalm. Let it go.

19. NexMix

NexMix Gives Cybertron too much credit

Hey Pete, if you're still reading this shitshow I think we'd all love to know what you'd change about the original shattered glass, if anything. You mentioned Jazz and I'd love to know if there were any other character designs you weren't satisfied with.

20. Petes Robot Convention

Petes Robot Convention Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As someone who has argued minutiae and who has also had many things said taken out of context, I get it. I’m just glad the disagreement is about something related to me and not something I said lol! We are all good. We are getting SG toys. I’m happy regardless. Sidenote. I remember people saying nine years ago that the concept was played out. When we did the 2012 set. My guess the same people are loving the new stuff from IDW. Sooo. To them. Ha.

Seriously though. I had always felt there was mainstream potential here. It was the one concept we worked on that I had truly hoped would make it to mainstream. It did. That is awesome.

As far as the comment about Jazz. We weren’t really sure what direction to go with him. The idea of the character and his traditional color scheme with more of an evil racing theme is what won out. I think the idea that the toy could fill both a traditional role for collector display shelves at the time and having that Shattered Glass representation was a main factor. However, ricochet was always my main regret. We just ran out of time and had to decide on a color scheme. How the orange and black did not occur to any of us, I don’t know. But the concept was new to us as well. It was all still evolving even after the set was released.

I certainly hope that Hasbro and IDW throw in some new twists and turns. The number of callbacks and homages are great. But I hope there is some crazy wild card in there that no one expects. Guess we will see soon enough.

But of all the Shattered Glass toys and characters? Jazz and Ricochet really are the only two that I think needed revision. Oh. The junkions kind of creep me out now. I think I would’ve liked to of undone what happened to the poor Classics Autobots in Issue 7 of Transformers Timelines.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2021
    • Like Like x 6