SG Goldbug

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Jtprime17, Jun 22, 2021.

1. Oniconvoy

Oniconvoy The other black repaint

News Credits:
    3FA633BC-8C36-4C94-BF07-899FEEB10ED5.jpeg

• Like Like x 7
  2. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    Oh, Sideswipe. Nice.

3. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    It's not sideswipe, that's just a placeholder image that they used for all of them prior to reveal

• Like Like x 4
  4. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    Oh :( 

5. stad

stad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No. Just no. There has been zero indication of this, and the NERF gun Megatron was re-released in 2016.

This is just spreading more false info/rumors, along the lines of ''Walther Megatron can't be released in the US due to U.S. toy gun laws'' - which is also not true.

• Like Like x 5
  6. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Again, there has been never been so much as a suggestion that Nerf Megatron was even considered. They did use a non-G1-Megatron mold for SG Megatron, but to assume that they did so only because a "real" Megatron mold wasn't an option to them (for whatever reason) goes beyond the known facts. Stop asserting your suppositions as if they're facts. A lot of the rest of us were there, too.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
  7. JonnyBravo808

JonnyBravo808 G1 Transformers/1980s Marvel...'nuff said!

This, PLEASE

• Like Like x 1
  8. danidogma

danidogma Well-Known Member

+10000000000000000000000000000

9. Saiyun not munky

Saiyun not munky Banned

• Like Like x 6
  10. Billie94

Billie94 Banned

There's no cure for what's wrong with that guy. LMAO.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Saiyun not munky

Saiyun not munky Banned

But... I think I can cure him if I keep trying.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Well after today's leaks/reveals, I kinda wish they had used the Origins Bumblebee mold for SG Goldbug. Would have fit thematically with the other figures better with them all being Cybertronian molds and it wouldn't have been the 5th use of the ER Cliffjumper based tooling

• Like Like x 1
  13. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

I mean, if Hasbro doesn’t use that Origins mold for other cool repaints I would be even more disappointed.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Definitely. I want Glyph and Tapout, they could also round out the Siege Ark crew with 1 more Cliffjumper.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Rated X

Rated X Banned

Seems like you dont have anything more to go off of than I do. Im well aware Nerf gun Megs was rereleased in 2016. The catch 22 was that it was released as a pricy online platinum exclusive targeting collectors, not kids. That reissue isnt anymore likely to end up on the streets in bad predicaments than Toyworld Hegemon. Bottom line is Funpub chose not to use the mold for a calculated reason which we dont know. But assuming the mold wasnt used because Funpub wanted to be "creative" and thought Galvy-Cyber-Megs was a better choice is also spreading rumors and false info. I think the pro-repurposing portion of the fandom are seeing what they want to see rather than more logical "corporate" explanations for some Funpub choices. Passion for SG runs deep and it seems to be the most "love it or hate it" concept to come out of Botcon. Those who loved the wackiness of repurposing will defend it to the death dispite the obvious lack of resources Funpub had to work with in 2008.

16. stad

stad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not to be confused with a BotCon exclusive... :rolleyes: 

Also, I'm not the one making assertions here in the lack of knowledge. With a total lack of evidence you assigned a supposed reasoning to their actions - that is spreading rumors/nonsense.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Rated X

Rated X Banned

It was obviously a decision made by Funpub. I never stated my opinions were facts. It was always speculation. But the pro-repurposing portion of the fandom are so hung up on "creativity" that they refuse to aknowledge the FACT that we dont know why the Nerf gun Megatron mold was not used. They keep arguing somewhere aling the lines of "craziness was the purpose of SG". They refuse to aknowledge that other factors may have contributed to why they got what they got in 2008 and why its not being repeated in 2021.

18. Rated X

Rated X Banned

Dude stop being so damn technical. What im doing is giving people food for thought. Im pointing out things that are only a topic of discussion because we can make a fair comparison between the 2008 and 2021 releases. We can now go back and look at more logical explanations as to why Funpub made certain choices. We can do that by comparing what they did in 2008 to what they are putting out now. They are doing little nods to the repurposed molds like the way they painted Starscreams chest and the extra parts to give Megatron a jet mode. But from what weve seen so far, Hasbro has abandoned repurposing molds to go a more traditional route. That can only make you wonder if Funpub would have gone this new route if they had todays resources. We will never know. But given Hasbro's present choices, it seems likely the "craziness" of 2008 SG was more of a resourceful necessity than a fictional vision. Again, this is pure speculation on my part. Its not my fault if a hypothetical reality check pisses off fans who drank the Funpub Kool-Aid back in 2008. Im just looking at what we are getting now and reflecting some what if's that people never thought they would have to consider. Nobody ever thought Hasbro would go all in on SG.

19. Rated X

Rated X Banned

Pure speculation on my part, but I think they went with the Cliffjumper mold because they wanted him to be a more traditional minibot. I dont think this line is about cybertronian alt modes because the first two (Prime and Ratchet) were Earth vehicles. My speculation is Hasbro is focusing more on what SG could be without mold repurposing. Needless to say, this has caused some division amongst the fandom. Me personally, I would have dumped the whole "Goldbug" thing and made him SG Bumblebee. I speculate the only reason funpub went with Goldbug was because of 2007's Bugbite.

20. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    We also don't have as many random repaints recently so that could also be a factor for lack of repurposing. That said, It'll be funny if the Netflix generics become characters in the comics and people will scramble for "SG Deepcover" lol.