SG Goldbug

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Jtprime17, Jun 22, 2021.

1. ArkinDotWav

ArkinDotWav Self Proclaimed Star Saber Backer #555

I'm not gonna expect anything new, just to avoid disappointed in the off chance he doesn't, but I think it's safe to assume he'll have something.

Possibly a new head maybe a new set of armor to replace his original set. But if I had to bet, I'd say maybe he'll get the arm blade from the Netflix show. It was a pretty notable weapon in the series which he uses quite a bit. I'm sure Hasbro is aware of how popular an accessory that'd be.

2. BombSquad

BombSquad Lies! It's all lies!

News Credits:
    Yep, including the comic.

3. BidoofdudeofOz

BidoofdudeofOz The Stench of Discovery

I’m hoping that this means a regular Goldbug is on the way with that headsculpt. I would be extremely disappointed if it was anything but a VW though.

4. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Thanks for the heads up, I'd probably jump on it if I didn't have the Optimus from the set already. I really should have grabbed the full set when it was a bit cheaper on Amazon (right before SG Blurr dropped). Strangely I would have killed for the original SG Optimus until about 5 years ago, but sat on the fence on this set for the longest time.

• Like Like x 1
  5. fanbase0000

fanbase0000 Well-Known Member

Rumors were that SG Jetfire would be way more expensive than the retail Siege Jetfire. Later wreckgar39 confirmed the rumors when he said that SG Jetfire would cost anywhere between $110-120 USD. I would be highly disappointed if SG Jetfire wasn't way different than the Siege version. There is no way since Siege Jetfire was only $80 and even including the comic book that can't justified the huge price increase. I am expecting lots of remolding on SG Jetfire or a lot of extra accessories.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Atex67

Atex67 Well-Known Member

Oh knife, how deep you plunge into my heart. I might as well buy some scalper’s sealed original now, for that price increase.

7. Raiyuki

Raiyuki Low Class Seeker

To be completely honest I almost wish the T30 mold were used for this but oh well. Seeing as this is a new SG continuity I can forgive it and that deco is an absolute banger (in general I've always liked the scheme and with the gold here it's particularly nice. The only real complaint I can give it is the lack of wings or a spoiler that looks like wings or something. One of the ideas I absolutely loved in SG was how they had the Seekers unified by color scheme and each of them having wings in some form and that's something this and Blurr would really benefit from.

• Like Like x 1
  8. fanbase0000

fanbase0000 Well-Known Member

Knowing SG Jetfire price increase and already owning Siege jetfire and having on preorder from Hasbropulse a bunch of transformers including- Pit of Judgement, Ark, Commander Rodimus Prime, and Black Zarak, I was going to skip the SG collection. I didn't have any prior love of SG but when SG Megatron was revealed - I wanted it. So I went back and bought SG Optimus Prime/SG Ratchet and preordered the rest of the SG figures. I always loved the colors on SG Ratchet and wanted an excuse to buy the entire SG line and have another figure in the line that I loved and SG Megatron was it.

SG jetfire should be revealed in 1 month so you can always take a wait and see approach. but a black SG Jetfire would look very cool and menacing. Who knows maybe SG jetfire will be worth the extra price?

9. scuffed up rts bumblebee

scuffed up rts bumblebee dont reach for the stars youll burn up and die

where will these be sold outside the us?

10. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nah. Sorry I love sg and the Gold Bug head but this is kinda shit. Like the colour separation between the yellow and black just doesn't look good. It's looks like a black car was in an accident and the owner got cheap found yellow parts from a pick and pull and slapped it all together. At least with past toys the yellow stripes look like they were done with care. And I don't know what the deal with that blue gun part is. We're people crying out for the days of all spark blue? Then we get to the price it's not a surprise but for this? Yesh.

11. weevil

weevil Let's dance!

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I prefer Cyberverse Deluxe Bee.

12. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    Hasbro pulse.

13. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    As accurate as Wreckgar39 has been, info like that (regarding final pricing and such) should be taken with a grain of salt until it actually is up for order. A lot can change between the time that they get info and final release of a figure

• Like Like x 2
  14. IDWDrift

IDWDrift Well-Known Member

What does Beast Wars have to do with this?

15. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    they were piggybacking off my comment about people still complaining about this mold being a partsformer after a year being pretty sad

• Like Like x 1
  16. Mattymo

Mattymo Banned

News Credits:
    isn’t it just wonderful complaints like that return? Nobody really cared when hubcap, bug bite and Bee came out. They got over it but with this it’s like the first time this mold was revealed all over again.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible TFW2005 Supporter

Let's see... we've seen a roughly 10% bump in figure prices, so move him to $88 as a new release, unmodified. Add in $7 for the comic and we're at $95. So... yeah. Even with those considerations it is hard to see how they get to $110-120 without tossing an extra kiss or two to the fans.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's really neither here nor there, but I'm with Rated X this time, Volkswagen and everybody else needs to stop living in the past. Putting the Volkswagen stamp of approval on Bumblebee neither justifies the Third Reich nor portends the commencement of the Fourth.

19. Lincoln Tunnel

Lincoln Tunnel Well-Known Member

Why is there this much bickering about Volkswagon when the character was never a Beetle to begin with?

• Like Like x 13
  20. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' ... uh, never mind

Of course, the most important thing, as several have pointed out, SG Goldbug was never a VW Beetle. He was a cybertronian/futuristic sports car. Thus if they're deadset on using this mould, then the sports car version is more correct than the Beetle.

• Like Like x 6