Sex chosen or not?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Shockblast2, Mar 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joshferrell

joshferrell Well-Known Member

I always figured that the Quints had a fetish for "Sex Bots" created them male and female for their own entertainment ..LMAO!!!! (Just Kidding,even though that WOULD be funny)

2. lordtigerhawk

lordtigerhawk Well-Known Member

Children of Primus....I am nothing more than a humble teacher to his will. It was known to primus that his creations where strong but like all things Strength is not everything that some times a whole is better then half. Primus gave to us the gift of female sisters so that we may have a way to keep going. If the Well of All Spark or Vector Sigma failed. So it would be in this humble teachers logic that the female have of our race was created for the procration. To continue the line of primus.

3. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

You haven't read Spotlight: Arcee from IDW have you? Jhiaxus gives Arcee a sex change (implying that she was "male" before his experimentation). It specifically states that he had introduced the concept of gender to their species where none existed before. So that wraps it up for the current IDW-verse.

As for other continuities, I would say they're created that way.

4. The621

The621 Fuck you, that's why!

News Credits:
    Pretty much the thread's been covered. There still exists more to reinforce this idea that the fiction has more to explain and offer.
    I so hope you're not suggest LARPing... Last time I knew someone that LARPed... Oh Primus help me from going into detail...

5. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    I wouldn't put it past them. They have tentacles - that automatically makes them colossal perverts.

6. The621

The621 Fuck you, that's why!

News Credits:
    Ah man! What the fuck! :lolol  :lolol  :lolol 

7. joshferrell

joshferrell Well-Known Member

lol...do I see a new "kiss Player" story coming soon?

8. GMfan101

GMfan101 The Smooth Operator

News Credits:
    I will make this as simple as possible for you...

There. Is. No. Answer.

Constantly repeating the question will not get you one. All you are getting are opinions and it seems you've made yours already and only looking for people to agree with you at this point.

9. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Thank God there were never in Kiss Players.

10. H0tRodimus

H0tRodimus Well-Known Member

You know, I can't say much about other characters outside of the G1 cartoon and comic series... However since Arcee is being used as an example, there's no denying she is a fembot or female if you will and was intended to be female. One episode in mind proves my point, in "Only Human" when Rodimus, Ultra Magnus, Springer, and Arcee have their minds transferred to human bodies, Arcee is in a female body... Bottom line, it all falls on the writers and it seems they meant for Arcee to be a fembot/female, whether she chose it or it was predetermined remains to be seen but I wouldn't say Transformers as a race is genderless as I think gender is defined by more than physical appearance.

11. Shockblast2

Shockblast2 Banned

No, not really. I am not a popular type of guy. I don't get off on having everyone agree with me. Just interesting to me to know what you all think.

There is no factual answer. It is an opinion poll. I reiterated the question simply because a few had took it way off course.

12. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    I would say in modern transformers lore gender is a combination of spark and protoform. The spark has a "subconcious" desired form but the protoform has its own "will" when a cybertronian is born. That's my fannon.

13. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No, no, I have read it - that particular notion of the "sex change" that I was proposing was specifically referring to continuities where the gender-divide is naturally-occurring. By which I mean, the Transformer self-identifies from the moment of creation as "male" or "female" and modifies their body to reflect that if it does not already, rather than have a gender forced upon them where they perceived themselves as not having one originally as with Arcee and Jhiaxus.

But I am positing this hypothetical scenario as a comparatively rare event, a quirk of "biology" that the Transformer attempts to correct through "surgery", as it is with human begins who undergo sex changes, rather than something that *every* Cybertronian decides for themselves the way the OP is suggesting they might.

14. Kenucme

Kenucme Yes, I'd get that one too

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Interesting.... on straight opinion I would say that they were not created female and instead took on the female characteristic later. But it's a tough call based on looking at the G1 S3 episode where Autobots went into the distant past and met with "A3". One of A3's associates was clearly of female characteristic and must have been created that way. That being the claim that the Quintessons had 'created' the existing generation before winning their independence.

Then again, it follows based on which fiction you get your perception. I'm evidently influenced more by the G1 cartoon rather than the comics or Hasbro character bios.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2012
  15. Shockblast2

Shockblast2 Banned

Agree. G1 is the basis by which all other fiction is based. What happened in any other continuity is just a manipulation of the original. A variant, but not the real deal. And in G1 it is heavily implied that each TF was created individually to mirror our own beliefs. Of course, this was before the PC world of today, where you have to try to please everyone for the good of the almighty dollar.

16. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Dukeup Nukhead

News Credits:
    What the heck does THIS have anything to do with the topic you so vehemently want to stay on track?

17. TheDemonDzko

TheDemonDzko Twitch and Twitter Personality: PopDotEXE

... Ya'll know there is a General Discussion at the bottom of the page right?

Edit I'm a dumbass. **

18. Shockblast2

Shockblast2 Banned

If you don't see the connection then I will not waste time trying to explain it. Think about it.

19. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

please read rule 2
    i not want see other augment error message on here

20. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

Oh ok. I just thought I'd ask since the IDW thing was pretty close but in reverse. Man, that story was messed up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.