Seven or Thirteen?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Brodimus Prime, Jul 2, 2009.

1. Brodimus Prime

Brodimus Prime Matrix Templar

News Credits:
    So Jetfire claims that in the beginning there were 7 Primes. Is this to say that in this universe there were 7 Original TFs and not 13? Or, and this is my personal opinion, could there have been 13 original TFs just like the rest of the multiverse, but 7 of them were deemed Primes and charged with leading the TFs?? If so, who might those 7 Primes be? And for that matter, who would have been the other 6 original TFs who were not Primes?

Or could it just be that Jetfire was wrong, seeing as how the novel and comic adaptations claim that there are 13, not 7? Maybe we just have yet another difference between the movie and its partner materials (see also: death of Barricade).

2. jostru

jostru Well-Known Member

There are probably 7 Primes in this continuity unless they say otherwise in TF3.

3. SkiZoR

SkiZoR Active Member

From what we know off thus far , in the movieverse theres 7 primes

4. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    All the Primes in the movie looked alike so 7 clones is more than enough. The movie flashbacks are pretty consistent in showing only 7 Primes.

5. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    well there were 7 in the movie. they showed 6, all who looked dfferent, and The Fallen. thats just in this movie though.

i think it would be kinda cool if there were the original 7, but 6 others-their descendants, one for each of the good Primes. one of them would be Optimus. maybe the others could be Sentinel, Rodimus, Vector, Nova, and one i dont remember? and The Fallen said the last Prime was dead, and seemed to just sense it-possible the others are just too far for him to sense.

thats how i wish they'd do it.

6. transmetal2dinobot

transmetal2dinobot Sub-Commander

Ebay:
    i think they're going for a theme with 7's, sector 7(the first 7 who discovered megatron) and the primes(original 7) may have some kind of parallel that's yet to be explored.

7. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    I'm under the impression that there were 7 original Primes to start with, but their nos. increased for a time when they produced descendent sons (what no. exactly is unknown). The Fallen then wipes out all the descendents of the dynasty of Primes with Optimus as the only survivor, and the original 7 Primes sacrifice themselves to conceal the Matrix from the Fallen.

8. jostru

jostru Well-Known Member

Maybe the first 7 were Pretenders! :p 

9. Swoop86

Swoop86 Gestalt

Im gonna go with the first 7 primes being primus?, prima, nova prime, vector prime, sentinel prime, rodimus prime?, and the fallen who will inevitably be retconned into nemesis prime