Seth MacFarlene "wants Family Guy to end".

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Takara_destron, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Crazy Ramjetty

Crazy Ramjetty marvel's got it good

forget family guy, I WANT FOX TO DIE!!!!!

2. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    It should never have come back. I still see episodes from the first 3 series on FX occasionally, and for the most part they're pretty good, but since it was resurrected it's just been:

Random shit, random shit, random shit, 80s reference, random shit, Conway Twitty, random shit.

Let it die. The Cleveland Show can go the same way. American Dad can stay though, the writing is far stronger than SM's other shows combined.

3. Backpack

Backpack G1 forever.

I can pretty much guarantee that if Family Guy goes, the rest of his shows will soon fallow. Family Guy is still the big draw, without that no one(to few) will be watching the other two.

McFarlene would be making a huge mistake if he thinks anyone will hire him to produce without the huge success of FG. Once that fades, so will he. If he cancels, he'd be slitting his own throat. Reminds me a little bit of Megan Fox. Never bit the hand that feeds you -or you will find yourself going very hungry for the rest of your miserable life.

4. StarYoshi14

StarYoshi14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It continues because it makes money. Money, my dear boy.

5. DPrime

DPrime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I think it started out pretty strong in its second run. And there are some pretty big hits. That episode with Stewie and Brian in the bank vault was brilliant.

Maybe so. I may not laugh out loud too often during the Simpsons, but I still find it witty and entertaining.

Thing is, both the Simpsons and Family Guy are still better than at least 95% of what's on TV, so...

6. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    It might end soon, Remember we have the Flintstones reboot that Seth Macfarlene is working on.

7. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    I cant stand American Dad and while dont really watch the Cleveland Show, the few episodes I have caught, have been pretty funny

8. uruseiranma

uruseiranma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Too late, Seth. You've created a Finster!

Besides, I can imagine Fox being crazy enough to do with Family Guy what Nick did with Ren and Stimpy: snatch it out from under Seth's control if he doesn't want to play ball, and hire people to 'emulate' him.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2011
  9. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    ^This I love American Dad only because it feels original unlike Family Guy. Which is really the Simpsons with dirtier jokes and cut-away gags and Mr. Conway Twitty.

I'm sure they insult our intelligence as well.

10. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

Oh god, that and Time and Eric's Awesome Show. I am utterly convinced that Tim and Eric must be a couple of cokeheads or just bat shit insane.

11. Sonscreen

Sonscreen Casual TF collector<br><b><font color=#FF0000>aksm TFW2005 Supporter

At some point, they should pull the plug to make sure it doesn't get stale like SNL.

12. Kevin XI

Kevin XI Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like Family Guy well enough, but it's had good run. If the main man isn't behind his own show anymore, then end it already.