Sentinel Toys Discussion

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Scaleface, Dec 17, 2016.

1. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Circling back to Sentinel discussion, what all does everyone have coming in the next couple of months?

2. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Mospeada rey reissue for me (and let's cross fingers pieces don't fall off him like with my stig copy ...): one day i'll make a wacky races - motorcycle edition phoshoot with him, MP 28 hot rod riding g1 wreck gar, Arcadia Garland and AC toys bike robo dx ...

• Like Like x 1
  3. MechaFanboy

MechaFanboy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There's the upcoming getter devolution and grendizer. After that, it's an agonizing wait for Sol Gravion, and possibly Legioss and Tekkaman blade. 2019 is gonna be another wallet bashing year.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Lex79

Lex79 Well-Known Member

Legioss and Star Saber are the tbings I'm the most interested in, assuming they'll come at a price I'm willing to pay (funny thing is, I still don't know what I'm willing to pay). I thought about buying a Mospeada ride at or but from I've seen it doesn't seem a particularly fun toy to play with so I think I'll skip it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Pharoid

Pharoid Time Traveling Robot

News Credits:
    I forgot about Grendizer. I got that sans the “Spacer” Sentinel saved me money on that....

• Like Like x 1
  6. anubis20

anubis20 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    hmmm...

Riobot Getter Devolution
    Add on set for Riobot Getter Devolution
    Riobot Grendizer w/ Spazer
    Riobot Black Getter Devolution

Damn its just Riobots for now... :lol 

7. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    I was more talking about things on actual preorder than wishlists, but hopefully everything that everyone's wanting gets solid release dates soon. I'm really looking forward to Legioss myself.

@darwin I ended up going with the EX Gokin Garland but part of me really wants the Arcadia for comparison purposes if nothing else; REALLY looking forward to your thoughts on that one, man.

SO just totalled things out:

- Knights of TS should be here by Wednesday. I honestly swore off doing repaints for Riobot stuff (Not different characters like Getter Black Ryoma but more the "blood splattered" editions and whatnot) but man the colors are so much brighter and whatnot that I think I may just do a giveaway for the regular color or something in the MM group.

- I grouped up Metamore Force Ruumaru and one of my Devilution Getter 1s (planning two to display with the add ons and cape.) That's going to be a shitty bill but hoping they still drop this month.

- Of course Getter D. Black Ryoma.

- Paid for SG Drift from FlameToys at TFCon but that's delayed until march meaning it'll be a pleasant surprise whenever TF it shows up (bogus advertising when they sold it as shipping in December there.)

- The two 4inch-nel Roll variants are one order as well. Slated for this month too.

- Oh yea; the 3x Grendizers.

8. anubis20

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Which one is this one?

9. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    TSugumori. I'm going to guess 90% of this thread has at least the regular colored version.

10. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    for me Arcadia Garland (keeping in mind i don't have the ex gokin nor the older yamato to compare it to) is one of the top picks of 2018: even not considering he has that mid eighties anime mecha style that i utterly love, he's very well built, fully painted, diecast loaded, is very expressive, greatly posable and has a very satisfying yet not so complicate transformation. A very recommended piece i'd say, and one a great photographer like you could do wonders with.
    Minor nitpicks are the slightly loose shoulders, lack of a guiding tab in the figure's palm for its weapon and lack of a shogo articulated figure.
    Someone else could also say he's a bit on the small side for what you pay, but in my case when you have a room full of robits being a bit on the small side is a plus!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    Honestly, the EX gokin doesn't even come out until 2019 but I really appreciate your feedback here. I've got some thinking to do now...

12. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

I love the Arcadia Garland as well...Fantastic figure, very well made and designed in every way except the way Shogo sits inside bot mode. But that is just a bonus feature that is not really needed.

As for Sentinel stuff I have preordered, I don't think I have any at the moment. Just looking forward to Legioss.
    I do need to take photos of my Ride Armors and really mess with Iron Giant and NERV Mechagodzilla.

13. anubis20

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Ah ok, yea I went with the anime color one as well.

BTW D4 sent me shipping notification for the upgrade set for Getter Devo... Gonna have the parts before the actual figure :lol 

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
  14. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    You know the NERV Godzilla is so darned good. I need to pull it out and just mess with it again. And thanks for the feedback on Garland. I may honestly just switch over.

--------------------------------------------

Tsugumori anime shipped yesterday and will be here tomorrow. Damned fast turnaround.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
  15. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

Yeah, I took out that Godzilla when I first got it and was really impressed. Just haven't had a chance to really mess with it yet.

16. Pudglor Shmormuff

Pudglor Shmormuff Well-Known Member

I just unboxed and combined my Gravion- and I must say: It’s a beautiful work of art, but you have to be careful with it.

THERE’S ALOT OF PAINT....even in spots where I feel solid colored plastic would’ve been a better choice.

It has a lot of heft, it feels good to hold, it balances pretty well- so that’s all good.

I just feel like....there’s too much beauty here to risk- does that make sense?

The paint is 99% good, everything looks and works so well, that posing it and transforming it back and forth feel too risky for the paint.

This is the kind of piece you put in the display case and pretty much never touch it again- otherwise you risk paint rubbing, chipping, or breaking a thin or pointy piece of plastic- you just put it behind glass and admire from a distance. It’s not a toy...

If you like to fiddle and transform the shit out of your stuff, I’m sorry: I wouldn’t recommend this to you.

There’s too much damn paint man...I feel like there’s a room filled with mouse traps and I’m stuck in the corner- I don’t wanna chip anything.

Still a pretty cool piece...

17. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    - So Tsugumori came today... and I realized the one I have already WAS the animation version so "whoops." If anyone wants this extra one sealed you can have it at $80 shipped. I'll take the loss on it.

- Was informed that Getter Devolutions release date is tomorrow the 14th so that's awesome but there's no word at all on Ryuoumaru which has me wondering if I should try to contact and split this order up to avoid a delay.

18. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    A few shots of Sentinel's Riobot 05 Tsugumori (Animation Color Ver.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. anubis20

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    There is not much ankle tilt on this one right? Mine barely moves

• Like Like x 1
  20. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    Getter 1 Devolutions are officially released everywhere and shipping.

• Like Like x 1