Sentinel Prime and Megatron aren't such Bad Chaps

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by BluRayHiDef, Sep 3, 2011.

1. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Animals kill to survive. Megatron and Sentinel are not killing to survive. They could, if they chose, live peacefully and safely on Earth. There is no reason to enslave and wipe us out. There is nothing to say they must destroy us to survive. Nothing.

And I can't believe Megatron is even being considered for "not being a bad guy" because HE TORTURES AND KILLS FOR SICK PLEASURE.

2. danGTR4

danGTR4 Member

These guys are using energon everyday. Megatron can't ask Optimus to resupply him with matrix power because that won't go well.
    The movies are made to appeal to humans because we want to WIN. But if you think about it Optimus works to his own demise. He made no attempt to save his planet. in tf1 having the allspark he could have used it on some cars,trucks,and vending machines and over power megatron and his 4 decpticons and move on with life instead he wanted to destroy it

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Except it's obvious Optimus isn't the one who supplies the Tfs with energon. He doesn't go around just sticking the Matrix in each Autobot. They obviously have other means of powering themselves.

Because it is dead. IT CAN'T BE SAVED. Sentinel and Meagtron's plan won't work anyway. You can't use humans to rebuild a planet that size. It was always going to be a hopeless effort. That's like trying to rebiuld an apartement building with hamsters.

It's not that Optimus doesn't want to save his planet, it's that he can't. And there's no reason to. They found a new home. That's like if your house burned down and your neighbor welcomed you with open arms, you instead decided to kill them and tear down their house to rebuild yours.

So you're suggesting Optimus should abuse the life-giving energies of the Allspark to create and army of feral, monsterous drones to combat his foe?

Because that's so much like Optimus Prime. And besides, that's not a guarantee it would be out of Megatron's hands. If Megatron ever laid hands on it the Allspark that's it, the Universe dies.

4. LesterX

LesterX Banned

I get where OP is coming from, because I am a Megatron sympathiser.

5. Crazy Ramjetty

Crazy Ramjetty marvel's got it good

the main reasons why decepticons are speciest towards humans

6. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Well, insects aren't such good fellas either..

7. bumblebeezgirl

bumblebeezgirl New Member

thier not to bad i say, yeah Optimus some people say he is around 9 million years old o_O 

8. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    You seem to have forgotten about the fact that Megatron was the one who fucked up Cybertron in the first place.

Secondly, Sentinel betrayed his own people, killing quite a few of them in the process.

9. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

That's what Hitler thought invading the rest of Europe so no.

Optimus had point in saying despite being primitive and violent Transformers weren't any different from Humans.

Hence Freedom is the Right of Sentient Beings.

The original Primes recognized other lifeforms had the right to live which is why they had that rule not taking a star from an inhabited system.

10. 13 Primes

13 Primes Well-Known Member

I Agree with you completely I don't understand this either :confused: 

to me Megatron is bad, he's the cause of the war
    the decepticons dreamt of tyranny and the Autobots were fighting for their
    freedom, and the war destroyed cybertron so he is responsible for
    cybertron becoming a wasteland, and sentinel betrayed the
    autobots by joining the very ones who destroyed their home, and
    he when't against what it means to be a Prime to defend freedom
    for All, no matter how weak or how small they maybe.
    So to me they are Bad.

11. LesterX

LesterX Banned

You seem to have forgotten it was Optimus launching the AllSpark into space, causing the planet to die.

12. AutobotMirage

AutobotMirage Wrecker

News Credits:
    He launched it into space so that Megatron wouldn't be able to use it. As Ratchet said, "If the Decepticons find the Allspark, they'll use it to transform Earth's machines an build a new army."

13. Fierceawakening

Fierceawakening Deceptigeek

I think this is an interesting question, and I like it. I do think the best villains are those whose purpose makes some sense. If a villain is just completely obviously wacko bonkers BECAUSE HE'S EVIL OMG! he's not an interesting character.

Personally, I liked the whole "Why protect humans over your own kind?" thread of thinking in Megatron (and Sentinel.) I would have liked to see more made of that.

It seems to me that from Megatron's perspective, Optimus is a kind of eco-terrorist. That he would think of him rather like we think of the Animal Liberation Front or PETA or something.

Note that I'm not saying here that Megatron's perspective is the correct one. I don't think it is supposed to be, at all. I'm just saying it seems to me that's how Megatron would see it, and I think it's perfectly logical that a goodly number of other Cybertronians would as well.

I think there'd be a lot of seeing humans as insects, as Megatron does, but that there'd also be a fair amount of "Yeah, Optimus, it's true that they're sentient... but whoa, your priorities, man... I can't even."

14. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I resent the fact that we’ve been likened to insects. At least Megatron thought more of us; he offered Sam the chance to be his pet.

We humans are the dominate species on this world, and we are far from stupid. Before the Cybertronians allied themselves to humans, the American military managed to take one down even. Sure it took time, but once we figured out which weapon/ammo worked, we started working on strategy—our ability analyze, adjust and execute makes us great.

Now, I’ll agree that Cybertronians are a far more intelligent species than we, there is no question with which species has more knowledge of science or superior engineering skills; however, given time, we too would be where they are.

15. Honorbound

Honorbound Bayverse Optimus was in the right.

Ebay:
    You and me both. It seems that some people have a very low regard for our species.

16. Una

Una Well-Known Member

Yes, they are bad chaps.

Humans are sentient beings who can think and feel. Megatron saw us as rodents and bugs because he hates organic life. We are disgusting to him.

Sentinel knew that too and he was just as willing to let us die or be slaves.

Flesh vs. Metal. It's not a fair fight yet we still fight them and have killed some.

That is why Optimus gets so angry at them especially his mentor because he knew better and still did it.

No excuses. They are wrong.

17. Koolimus Prime

Koolimus Prime Weapons Expert

^This

18. BluRayHiDef

BluRayHiDef Well-Known Member

The part in bold is absurd. Maybe most Cybertronians aren't content with living on Earth, which is very different from their home planet. Cybertron was larger, mechanical, and just way more awesome than Earth. Moving to Earth would be like moving from a mansion to an ant-farm. So what if the little ants offered you a place in their little farm? You want to go back to your mansion. And, if you can rebuild your mansion by enslaving the ants and using their ant-farm, then so be it.

19. Fierceawakening

Fierceawakening Deceptigeek

Pretty much that, yeah.

And to those who keep saying "Yes, the 'Cons are the bad guys," I'm not sure any of us are saying they aren't. I for one am saying that I think their motivations are understandable, not that they are right. Two different things.

Similarly, saying they seem to see the humans as insects (Frenzy even called us that in movie 1, remember?) doesn't mean we should be seen that way. It just means that it makes sense that they would, right or wrong.

20. UltraMagnus2008

UltraMagnus2008 Autobot

News Credits:
    Do you work for the Decepticons? Lol. The Autobots get it because they've been the under dogs. The Decepticons are like the Nazis, they cant grasp the concept of another race being equal to themselves. It justifies it for themselves, but it doesnt make them right.