Sentinel Prime and Megatron aren't such Bad Chaps

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by BluRayHiDef, Sep 3, 2011.

1. BluRayHiDef

BluRayHiDef Well-Known Member

When you compare Human existence to the existence of the Transformers, several things should be considered:

• Humans are much smaller, weaker, and less intelligent
    • Whereas Transformers can live for millions of years, Humans live for less than a century on average.
    • Humans are overall much more primitive compared to Transformers

With these in mind, it should be apparent that Humans are unto the Transformers as flies are unto Humans. Flies only live for days, are much smaller, weaker and less intelligent than Humans, etc. Essentially, Humans are like flies to Transformers. So, can you really hold anything against Megatron or Sentinel for being willing to sacrifice Human beings for the sake of their far superior species? I mean, think about it; long after Sam, Mikaela, Carly, Epps, Lennox, and Simmons are dead, Optimus, Bumblebee, and the rest of the Cybertronian bots will still be around. They are like gods. So, why should a god be considered evil for being willing to sacrifice mere insects?

2. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    They certainly ain't good chaps like Wheeljack was.

3. Sentinel527

Sentinel527 Combaticon

You have a point

4. theycallmedenny

theycallmedenny Reximus Prime

i'm pretty sure this has been brought up numerous times, and there is logic in what you are saying, but i guess it comes down to optimus realizing that their fate and intentions lead to their practical destruction of cybertron. the humans however still have time to change their ways, so he's helping?

i don't know, im still pissed that starscream was killed by a bionic commando version of sam

5. BluRayHiDef

Just as a side question, isn't anyone blown away by the idea that these bots can live for MILLIONS of years? That's incredible. I wonder how old Optimus is.

6. Harbinger

Harbinger ecnayonnA

i am slightly concerned that the Autobots seem to be in the minority and while the Decepticons wouldnt mind trying to take over the universe, their first and primary goal seemed to have been to save their home planet.

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    No.

That is so not even a valid comparrison it hurts.

For one, that "less intelligent" thing is a crock. Humans have developed technology, use tools, communicate and show a level of thought and emotion almost identicle to TFs. We've killed them. At least we're more like rodents or something bigger than fucking insects. For the other, that still doesn't excuse enslaving us and dooming our race to exctinction. They destroyed their world with their war. That's like if humans had a devastating world war, ravaged the Earth and rendered it uninhabitable, then found a species of smaller, weaker aliens then enslaved them to rebuild Earth's ecosystem. Would you think it's fair then?

That's even assuming that the only alternative is to rebuild their planet. It's not. Humans are shown to be more than happy to have the Transformers live on Earth peacefully.

Because they are not Gods. They can die. WE HAVE KILLED THEM. It is not their place to decide who dies and who lives based on their percieved status.

In fact, the fact you talk like that and even consider that mentality is immensly disturbing.

No he doesn't.

8. danGTR4

danGTR4 Member

Hate to say it but No they're not so bad. If we wanted to rebuild our planet we would do the same thing to them. We took the new world from Native Americans without asking.

9. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    And because we did it that makes it okay?

So every atrocity we've commited as a species is alright because, hey, we did it?

I find it incredibly disturbing that you guys apparently think enslaving people and killing them not just as individuals but as a race is a-okay.

10. BluRayHiDef

There are insects which have killed Humans.

11. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Not the same thing.

When insects kill humans, it's by spreading disease or venoms generated naturally by their bodies.

We've constructed weapons, vehicles, gone into space. We've killed them with our brains.

12. tfprime32

tfprime32 Banned

News Credits:
    megs is awsome but sential prime is LAME!!!
    I dont care about this blog!!!!!!

13. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    What... does that even have to do with what we're talking about?

14. BluRayHiDef

You're taking the analogy to seriously. It's simply meant to convey the superior form of life the Transformers have compared to Humans. The average lifespan of a Human is unto the passing of a few days to them.

15. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Doesn't matter. What you're proposing is that it's okay to murder and enslave just because.

Also, no, TFs do not live as long in the movies as they do elsewhere. The Primes, ancient pre-TF cybertronians, existed while the Human race did. That means our species are close to the same age, otherwise Optimus would predate his own ancestors.

Even if our lives were but days to them, it still doesn't make it right. We're still intelligent, developed beings, and it doesn't give them the right to enslave and murder us.

16. danGTR4

danGTR4 Member

No we know its not okay. when you look at it objectively we would still do it. The majority of people would do it because it benefits them. Something is bad only when the majority of people wouldn't do it

17. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    That has nothing to do with this. Bad is hitting someone in the shoulder, enslaving their species and dooming them to extinction is more than bad.

And that's not even the point. The statement here is "Sentinel and Megatron aren't bad" which is flat out incorrect.

18. danGTR4

danGTR4 Member

But if you had to save your planet and this option was the only realistic one on the table would you do it?

19. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Not when there's an alternative.

Especially when it was my own selfishness and greed that destroyed it.

20. danGTR4

danGTR4 Member

I guess what I am trying to say is survival of the fittest isn't bad. Its nature. Every day a lion kills a zebra. I cook a (insert random animal here) and eat it. If giant fighting robots needed a home and we were its current residents they'll move us because they can.