Selling my collection

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Trek, Mar 7, 2015.

1. Trek

Trek Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm looking to sell my boxed collection of G1 Transformers and I wondering what the best way to go about this is. I'd prefer to sell them as a single lot (as I need the money to go towards a house in the very near future) but I'm not sure where I can do this as it worth quite a bit. Also I am in the UK.

2. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Accept no imitations

News Credits:
    You'd probably have an easier timer selling them singularly to collectors via places like this or eBay. Unless you know or can get in contact with a dealer/retailer of vintage Transformers.

3. usernamedustin

usernamedustin Banned

If you want to sell them together as a lot, expect to get 1/2 to 2/3 MAXIMUM of the individual values. So if you want money fast, sell them together. If you want top prices, sell them individually on the boards and ebay.

4. BenjaminXavier

BenjaminXavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This.

If you want the asbolute most money, list them all individually on ebay with actual shipping, 7 day auctions starting on a sunday afternoon at 99 cents each. That will maximize visibility and suck in multiple buyers.

If you want less money fast, sell to a dealer. If you can't find one in your area, I know the guy who runs siebertron buys collections all the time

5. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    I agree as one big lot your not going to get any where near full value for them. Same goes for selling to an online shop as they buy to resell you will be lucky to get more than 50% of the value from them.

My advise is to sell the most valuable pieces singly and the less valuable items as lots of related items , for example you could sell the more common minibots as a lot or pair the jumpstarters together in a single lot.

6. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    The upside here though is once the transaction is over, it's done, and you never have to hear from the buyer again.

The last thing you'd want is in the OP's case, working on buying a house and you have some jerk crying foul on eBay over something he bought. That's just stress he could do without.

I've sold privately to dealers and shops and yea, the money isn't as good as eBay, not by a long stretch, but it's a lot less hassle, time and stress. When you're selling a ton of stuff on eBay, on top of having a full time job and on top of other life stuff, it's a pain in the ass speaking from personal experience. Nothing like working 8 to 10 hour days, coming home and needing to make about 12 packages.

7. LSyd

LSyd Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    just give them to me as charity. ;) 

sell on ebay, not as a big lot.

-

8. Prescient

Prescient Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How much money are you expecting to or needing to raise?

Best way to sell this in one go is put it on eBay as a complete lot with a buy it now price & best offer. The people who buy collections, and there are plenty in the uk that don't frequent the forums, will see it and probably offer you an off eBay price. Just list as collection only.

If selling to a dealer expect to take a big hit on price.

The way to maximise your value is to sell on eBay individually but it is time consuming. Worth it though as last time I sold up my collection in the UK, I made the effort to sell the big name items, shipped all over the world and raised several thousand £££. The rest I sold with a combination of on here, eBay and to people who bought up big chunks in one hit.

If it's decent stuff then either kapow or masterforce may buy it if you want an easy sale.