Selling Collection

Discussion in 'Items For Sale or Trade' started by Beowulfx, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Beowulfx

Beowulfx Beast Mode

Hi there I'm thinking of selling the majority of my Bots collection, approximately 70 Bots. It kills me, but I just have to downsize some things in my life. Most of the collection is Generations/Universe mix of Hasbro and Takara a few 3rd party pieces and Beast Wars /Beast Machines. All figures have been display only and come with all instructions and in great condition. Does anyone know someplace that may want to purchase the entire thing for a decent price? Here's a couple sample pics of what I'm trying to sell. As soon as I get over the fact that i have to get rid of them I will take official listing pics. I'm just trying to get an idea right now.

Thanks for any ideas and input.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
  2. Smashs

Smashs Internet: Pure Truth Moderator

News Credits:
    I would bet any of the places online that do it would give you no more than a few hundred dollars, with the majority of that coming from Predaking.

I'd say you'll double or triple that selling here.

3. rbarron64

rbarron64 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you sell them separate youll make alot more. Anyone looking to buy the whole collection will most times be buying to resell at profit so theyll offer you half what they think the toys are worth

4. Hoptimus

Hoptimus How I roll.

News Credits:
    *cough*The Toy Hunter*coughcough*

If you're not in a hurry for the money, definitely sell them separately. Some of those might go pretty quickly here or on one of the other TF boards, or even eBay if you want to go that way. Good luck.

5. bfett88

bfett88 Well-Known Member

If you really want the most for your money you probably need to go to eBay. If you want to not maximize your profits you can sell them here. If you sell them piece by piece you might not sell them all. However if you sell them as a lot, you can get them gone, but someone will be wanting a really good deal. If you sell them piece by piece you will probably sit on them for a while.

6. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Moderator

News Credits:
    This. It's easier if you just want to "unload them all" at one time. Then expect to get less for the collection. If you sell them piece by piece, it will take time and you might not be able to sell them all, as most of us here are either selling the same one's or already have them.

7. Alpha_&_Omega

Alpha_&_Omega From the Covenant of Primus...

I strongly disagree. You may have a final sale price hat is higher on ebay, but you end up paying out the nose for listing fees even if your product does not sell and a percentage of your sale is owed to ebay. Additionally, if you end your sale early on ebay, the percentage fees are still owed. You also have Paypal fees deducted.

Here you have control of your sale and the only percentage you have to pay are paypal fees, unless you find some sucker dumb enough to actually gift you a payment an waving any recourse if their item is not received. Most times sellers simply tack on an additional 4% to the sale price.... usually at the end after negotiating has ended. I usually tell them to go screw at that point because its a dishonest way of doing business.

My advise would be to be up front and determine the price you want to end up with. Then add estimated shipping costs and 4%. If you want to negotiate, you can pad your total by 5-10 bucks and post that price. hat way the buyers feel that they got a good deal and you feel good that you got the money you wanted.

8. bfett88

bfett88 Well-Known Member

Yes I will say that selling on eBay you usually have fees. But in my opinion if I am sell here or elsewhere I almost always sell for cheaper then eBay. I think it is much harder to sell on boards like these unless you have something really special or have a great price. Every time I sell on eBay I make more money then I would have ever made on the boards. Also if you sell to anywhere in the world you make even more on eBay. I never move much on message boards. Another good place to sell is Craigslist, however do not use eBay to gauge your price. Why would I pay eBay prices if I can just get it off of eBay for the same price or maybe cheaper if I luck out.

9. mtmte586

mtmte586 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I recommend coming back to the next Bay Area meet-up, feeling the vibe, and resetting your priorities. :)