Seller's reaction to upcoming Feedback changes

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by OptimistPrime, Mar 27, 2008.

1. OptimistPrime

OptimistPrime Certified Optimist

News Credits:
    I hope that this does not become the norm for sellers. Seems to me this guy is overreacting:

Due to recent Ebay changes regarding feedback and the increase in seller fees, it is very important that a seller receives 5 stars in each category – Item as described, Communication, Shipping time, and Shipping and Handling Charges. If I give quality service, I would expect to receive 5’s in each category. If you are a buyer that does not like to rate sellers as 5 star service, please do not bid on my auctions. If you have given excessive negative or neutral feedback to sellers, do not bid on my auctions. I reserve the right to cancel bids of those who have given excessive negative feedback.

I wonder what his definition of "excessive" is.

Link to one of his auctions.

Edit: I thought I might mention how I rate sellers:

Item as described - The only time this doesn't get 5 stars is if the seller's description is grossly inaccurate, or no attempt was made to describe the condition of the figure.

Communication - Seller will get a 3 Star rating if no communication is made at all and the item just shows up at my door. Seller gets 4 Stars if I receive at least 1 communication, 5 stars if they tell me when the item has shipped.

Shipping Time - Less than 1 week - 5 Stars. More than a week, but less than 2 - 4 Stars. More than 2 weeks - 3 Stars.

S/H Charges - If I paid for the exact amount that it cost to ship the item, or I pay for a reasonable Handling fee that is mentioned in the auction - 5 Stars. Reasonable handling fee not mentioned in the Auction - 4 Stars. If I paid for Priority and they decide to ship it First Class, they get 1 Star - I don't care if it arrives in the same amount of time (someone tried to argue this with me once).

2. XJunky

XJunky Howdy Ho Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

The funny part is one of the ratings is for "Reasonable shipping and handling charges", and this guy is charging $10 for shipping two loose figs via First Class mail. What a butt.

3. Red leader

Red leader Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Kneejerk reactions were going to happen but I suppose sellers will try and protect themselves any way they can however if your offering a good service anyway you dont have too much to worry about IMO

4. Might Gaine

Might Gaine The Devil Express

News Credits:
    The number of stars he gets only corresponds to his power seller discount. It's not like he's any worse off than a non-power sellers if he gets less than 5 stars. I can understand wanting to get the discount, since it's pretty substantial, but he shouldn't feel entitled to it. If you don't get it and you really want it, then you need to try harder--that's the bottom line.

5. skywarprime

skywarprime DHARMA