self mutilation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mike, Mar 7, 2006.

1. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Buttstuff Werewolf

News Credits:
    Talking about it doesn't really solve anything. Cutting one's self isn't usually about the pain you get from the cutting; it's about controlling one type of pain in your life. Most times one cuts themself to control this pain, because they can't control another type; often due to circumstances beyond their control. I cut, and I have a friend who cuts. Sometimes the pain is a relief, sometimes it's therapy either way it's very unhealthy and dangerous. As I said, talking about the cutting doesn't usually get results, it's better to find what caused the cutting, and deal with that.

2. Optmaxx

Optmaxx RC God TFW2005 Supporter

I have done it. You have to help her realize that the pain from the cut will not make the other pais go away. Ask her to look at the scars on her arm and tell her those scars are going to be there for a long time. Then ask how long those cut got rid of her pain and if it was worth having scars on her arms for the rest of her life. On her saing she was going to kill her self. Most people (but not all) who say they are going to kill them self usually do not. They are just crying out for attention.

3. Mike

Mike Banned

Ebay:
    she had a rough night last night, kept trying to grab a razor to cut herself but I managed to grab it out of her hand before she cut herself.. I made her stay over at my place last night and she kept crying on the couch laying down that she didn't want to live anymore. it was a pretty rough night for her. She grabbed another razor she had in her bag and it took me about 5 minutes to get her to let it go, she wanted to cut herself so bad... but I didn't let her.

then she went on to asking me to get her pills for her, she wanted to take them all and kill herself, cried for about an hour about not wanting to live and wanted her mom back. I just sat with her and held her, kept telling her that i've had the same thoughts cuz I lost my dad to cancer too, and kept praying for her outloud so she could hear me.

one of our boarders helped make her laugh a lot last night too, trying to cheer her up, she was laughing lots at him, so that helped a bit, and I just didn't let her out of my site the whole night. She seemed to be ok when she left with my mom this morning, I let her take her anti-depressant medication, she joked around a little bit about gulping the whole bottle, but didn't, just a joke, and I offered to give her back her razors incase she needed to shave, I said, Im putting my trust in you not to do anything to your self, please don't break that trust. then she said, to keep the razors just incase, she has an electric shaver at home.

I can't monitor her all the time, but im just trying my best, and my mom and her friend dave are all aware of what's going on and trying to keep her mind off things.

if there's anyone out there religious please pray for God to keep giving her the strength that she left here today with, not to do harmful things to herself.

She had gone 2 months without hurting herself, I brought that up with her, and told her to think about that big length of time after her mom died, that she didn't do anything to hurt herself. it wasn't even really on her mind. I told her to try and get back in that mind set. keep her mind on possitive things.

I also told her, that her mom is in heaven, and if she kills herself, she's never going to see her again. killing herself won't take the pain away, she'll end up suffering through eternity of pain and suffering. I told her to stay strong and she will see her mom again some day up in heaven. And to just think about the good things to come in life, like getting married, all the sex she would miss if she died etc. she laughed at that part.

just hope she can stay strong :) 

4. Jetfireinthesky

Jetfireinthesky Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm currently trying to help a friend I met recently with her cutting problem. She cuts because the pain from cutting helps her forget the pain she feels because a guy she really likes doen't feel the same way about her. She calls me(sometimes late at night) to help her when she feels like she may cut herself. I tell her that there are people that love her including myself and that she shouldn't put us in pain. She has gotten alot better with the not cutting herself. No matter the situation you have to remind the person that they are loved.

5. SKowl

SKowl Rubber Golem

Yeah, my girlfriend used to cut herself. The scars are still very visible all over her body, it's very sad. She told me she hasnt cut herself since we started going out (I would have noticed if she had). She tells me she just really wanted to stop, and her self-control and self-discipline help her get through it, but I know she could slip into her old habits anytime.
    I know it can be difficult for alot of people to stop cutting themselves. I'm not really sure what works, but I'm positive having a close friend or loved one must help them get through the tought times.

6. Mike

Mike Banned

Ebay:
    definatly tough to deal with sometimes, but she's made it so far.

I went over to her place after work yesterday, and she was sleeping on the couch, both her arms were cut and bandaged up, they weren't as deep as the last time though, just surface cuts pretty much with a shaving razor.

then she went into the bathroom and downed half a bottle of some medication, trying to OD, she didn't tell me, but I assumed she did when I saw the empty bottle, I heard the bottle be put down when she went to the washroom, things like that im constantly keeping an eye and ear out for, making sure she isn't doing anything bad.

but anyways, I threated to phone for an ambulance when she wouldn't tell me how many pills she took. she sais she would "tell me later"... im just thinking "yeah right, im assuming you took the whole bottle then and im calling an ambulance" she said not to do that, so she went and made herself throw up and got the pills out of her, and went back to lay down.

I think that's twice now in the last month she's tried to kill herself.. first time was alchohol poisening, second was over dosing on drugs. I'm not sure if that would even kill her, just make her really really sick, but yeah.. hope she stops this soon. she is going in for help with someone at Hospice on tuesday, so that's good.

she just better behave till then ;)  she's coming over again tonight, and we're gonna have some fun and keep her mind off things, and go to church in the morning.

7. Spartan-117

Spartan-117 Well-Known Member

I used to have a friend that did the whole cutting thing, but then again she was a fucking ****** so I can't offer any advice. She basically cut herself, "purged" after every meal, got stupid drunk, claimed to be bisexual, had a pregnancy scare and listened to Marlyn Manson. It was more about attention and fulfilling every teenage stereotype she could than anything. I swear she enjoyed making me beg her to see a doctor and saying that I'd do anything I could to help. Goddamn idiot.

8. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James The JUICE

That gal is lucky to have a friend like you to bge willing to help her out so much. However, her problems seem, in my opinion, to be too much for you to handle. I would advise you to get her professional help. I am sure that there are helplines in your phonebook. I would highly recomend you do it.