Selects Exhaust

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by The Kup, Jun 29, 2020.

1. BigRC83

BigRC83 I'm singing in the rain

News Credits:
    Looks like my patience paid off and finally ordered one.

• Like Like x 1
  2. LeTigre

LeTigre Meat popsicle

I managed to order one from a local shop.

3. HugeBadWolf

HugeBadWolf XO in charge of radishes

News Credits:
    Despite the spelling mistake, I like him.
    Feel they could have found him another gun from somewhere though

IMG_20200715_153414.jpg IMG_20200715_153336.jpg IMG_20200715_153318.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  4. LeTigre

LeTigre Meat popsicle

5. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    He looks great, but I need to cut back a little bit, so obscure Diaclone decos are probably off the menu for a while...

He spends a lot of time fighting underwater Randians.

Would you kindly remove your Marlboro advertisement?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Blackout32

Blackout32 ANTHRAX - PERSISTENCE OF TIME

Cybertron The Matrix of leadership knowledge,power
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Old):
    I've got my copy coming from Pulse and i can't wait. I know its just wheeljack but this figure is cool looking. I just need to find a place to buy some weapons for this figure since Hasbro didn't really give us much at all.

7. LeTigre

LeTigre Meat popsicle

Weapons will be coming. Nonnef already did a limited test run for an Exhaust set when the Wheeljack sets were released so I suppose it’s a matter of time for that. I’m already thinking of changing it up for Go Better if they do the wing like their Wheeljack set.

8. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

EDIT: Removing post, question answered in another thread.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2020
  9. Greeman

Greeman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I got him today and he looks good, but his right hip-joint is S T U C K. Any tips on fixing it?

Update: Found my multitool and tried to give it a good turn with my pliars but this thins is NOT budging. Fingers are starting to hurt.

10. Boople Barp

Boople Barp Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    Hair dryer and then gentle prying.

11. Hooper_X

Hooper_X i buy characters not collectibles

Mine was paintlocked - I finally got it to budge and there's now a tiny white chip on his... uh... bikini area.

I'm honestly a little disappointed in the QC - mine had the same "arms not in the sockets" problem others were reporting, the headplate wasn't on backwards but is such a tight fit that I ended up loosening the torso screws to relieve the pressure, and yeah, one of the thigh swivels was paintlocked.

Oh, and his legs are floppy as fuck, lol.

Still, glad the toy exists, hope we can get a slightly better-assembled Slicer in the future.

12. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

I bought mine from Pulse. Left arm is like that.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Greeman

Greeman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well I managed to get the waist open with some digging and prying, but now its clear theres like, some over-abundant glue holding the actuall mushroom peg of the hip joint in place and im not sure what to do now.

Would running some hot water or using a hair dryer be the right move after this?

EDIT: Ok, got it fixed. Whoof was that some work.

14. Smokescreen38

Smokescreen38 Fight fire with smoke!

News Credits:
    IIRC, some copies of Wheeljack had this same problem. Good to hear you got it fixed.

ugh...that sucks. At least Pulse will probably make good on a replacement for you.

So I was eventually able to get one of them to snap in. The other was incorrectly molded...so there’s a 50/50 chance yours can be saved.

Push the bad arm in as far as it will go and compare it closely to the good arm. Notice where the pieces line up. You may find that the bad arm, even if you’ve pushed pretty hard already, isn’t 100% snapped in. It’s worth giving it one more strong push.

Whichever way you go, good luck!

15. Smokescreen38

Smokescreen38 Fight fire with smoke!

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  16. HunterGreen2005

HunterGreen2005 In Stock

News Credits:
    Geez. My Exhaust arrives next week from Pulse and I hope it will be fine. I don't want any misspellings or anything. :p 

Seriously, after some QC with AU Prime this past week, I hope I get a decent copy of Exhaust. :confused: 

17. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

I tried. The mushroom peg is warped looking.

I trust Hasbro on this.

If they just send a second copy, I can hopefully frankenstein the two figures if there's a defect and maybe get a spare Wheeljack to pop the Diaclone head on for fun.

The legs on this one are really good so I kinda hope they just send a second one and I can combine them if needed.

18. Dachande

Dachande Janitor. Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Got two today and they're both fine. The only small issue I found was one has a slightly wobbly knee. Not bad, but still something I noticed.
    The figure really needs some more paint. I'm definitely going to try to make it match the MP.

19. Housewife2000

Housewife2000 Fandom, combine!

I'm very happy with my UW Wheeljack, and had no plans to get the ER version with his goofy noggin, but Exhaust immediately struck me as an interesting figure. There's no substantial fiction to latch on to with him - he's just this evil, Snake-eyes masked, chain smoking, corporate mercenary. And actually - that's a good start! I'm currently imagining him as the TF equivalent of Aaron Eckhart's smooth talking character in Thank You for Smoking.

[​IMG]

As with a lot of WFC figures, you can immediately feel the downsizing from the Prime Wars days. He's lighter and shorter than the CW take on the Lancia, which annoys the part of me that cares about deluxe cars scaling together - although the level of detailing is improved. There's no getting away from the fact that Wheeljack here looks a lot more toy-like than the refined sculpt of Exhaust. This 'con car looks absolutely dynamite.

I love Exhaust's colour scheme, but I will say that the paint layout feels a little random. The black blocks on his bonnet, and squared off red apps around them feel a little arbitrary. It works as long as you don't think about it too much...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The height difference is less noticeable on bot mode, and just check out these awesome lads. I'm going to go ahead and put forward the theory that they are brothers who took very different paths. Maybe Exhaust realised there was more Shanix to be made in selling Wheeljack's ideas to the highest bidder, than in helping him invent them in the first place.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Exhaust has great articulation, a killer paint job - that immediately jumps out from the usual Decepticon purples - and his bot mode sculpting is up to the WFC high standards. I love that head - it's pure, masked, badass evil.

I thought it would be interesting to compare these two with Reveal the Shield Tracks, as all three molds have represented G1 Wheeljack, and all are from three distinct eras of modern toy design.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I love all three, and appreciate the different design choices going on here. Tracks is an evolution of the G1 look, who integrates all his weapons and offers a chunky, but well sculpted and articulated take on the character.

CW/UW Wheeljack makes the cardinal sin (to my mind) of faux parts, but that's balanced against incorporating two limb modes and being a re-shell of a completely different character. His sculpt is arguably the least detailed and articulated of the three, but he offers the most play value (if you're into combining). And that UW colour scheme shines.

Exhaust manages the best proportions, cleverly avoiding either the chunky roof chest of Tracks or fake one of Jack by shunting the front of his windscreen into the legs. Everything is geared towards maximising articulation and providing a stellar sculpt (and lots and lots of 5mm ports).

I'm really glad I picked this guy up - he's a very cool addition to the collection, whose few shortcoming are outshone by getting all the basics so right.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Tronimus

Tronimus Well-Known Member

Got my exhaust. I can’t transform it because the head won’t go down and I’m scared I’m gonna break it if I force it around.