Select Series Redwing

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Jtprime17, Feb 16, 2019.

1. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Kinda makes me think of a male Windblade.

Redwingblade?

I know there have previously been TF with terribly naff names, but 'Red Wing' feels like it definitely fits in with the naff name crowd.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Rated X

Rated X Well-Known Member

Im not comprehending why people would want to turn this Redwing into armada Starscream when they already did a perfectly good Armada Starscream in thrilling 30 series It looks nothing like Armada Starscream just because its red. 

• Like Like x 1
  3. unsnaggedtea76

unsnaggedtea76 Well-Known Member

I'd like to know how many more times Hasbro plans to use this mold because I might actually buy every character that uses this mold.

How about a third one for the coneheads?

• Like Like x 2
  4. DecepticusPrime

DecepticusPrime End of Days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's kinda a reverse of people repurposing that SS as Redwing. Personally I did it for a couple reasons. 1- I don't have a place for another starscream on my shelf and in my head canon. 2- redwing is such a noncharecter I had no problem saying he was a swordsman, sorts had armada screams honorable personality, etc.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Killamarshan

Killamarshan Iacon Tourist

I do like Red Wing's colour scheme. Gives off a Cybertron mode Terrorsaur vibe.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover Poorly-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think it'll be a bit shocking if we don't get this mold retooled as the Coneheads for WFC II with a similar amount of re-use (at least 4 figures).

• Like Like x 2
  7. NomadVagabond

NomadVagabond What Would Shockwave Do?

News Credits:
    Glad you enjoyed it! That's a great display idea, actually, especially if we also get Orange Wing and Purple Wing — the other Taste-Slakers — to force Tang and Grape Soda upon the unsuspecting masses.

[From the Personal Datatracks of Starscream, Decepticon Aerospace Commander] "When I asked Shockwave, that cyclopean fool, to augment my Seeker squadron, I had no idea that I'd be burdened with these three bot-pleasing buffoons. Oy vey! On the plus side, they have this uncanny ability to break through walls and fortifications - no matter how impervious they seem. All I have to do is suggest to these imbeciles that someone on the other side might be thirsty..."

• Like Like x 3
  8. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy グーグル 翻訳は素晴らしいです!

News Credits:
    Indeed, which is why I'm getting one, and then repainting/cleaning all of the cr@p off of it.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Thundermania

Thundermania Banned

Shockwave creating “simple” clones to screw with Starscream is the troll op to end all troll ops.

• Like Like x 5
  10. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I can see the mold getting retooled for them and getting released individually or like Skywarp. Though I’d love Sandstorm from Ramjet as well as Nacelle from Thrust with the Starscream head.

11. YoungPrime

YoungPrime DJD VET

News Credits:
    So when the h3ll do these Select figures start releasing???

That TonTon guy had a review of Greenlight back in January!!!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Jtprime17

Jtprime17 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Redwing will probably go up for order at most places tomorrow some time. (Just a guess)

Greenlight (who isn't apart of selects by the way) was up for pre-order from amazon (through the wish list trick) a week ago, some people will have theirs by June 27th.

13. YoungPrime

YoungPrime DJD VET

News Credits:
    Thanks.

At this point I'm not sure what's exclusive to what anymore. Was Skywarp on preorder?

14. Jtprime17

Jtprime17 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No not yet. So far Greenlight went up on Amazon U.S and the Firestormers went up on Amazon UK.

15. NomadVagabond

NomadVagabond What Would Shockwave Do?

News Credits:
    It would have been illogical to let Wheeljack have all the fun.

• Like Like x 2
  16. unsnaggedtea76

unsnaggedtea76 Well-Known Member

Not getting them anyway would be terrible.
    I'm curious to see how they would retool the Coneheads from Starscream. The biggest problem I see is with the head if they literally give them coneheads.

And reusing the conehead retools on other seekers would be neat to see. It would help them to stand out some.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Actually, after thinking about it, I probably wouldn't give Sandstorm a conehead to help differentiate him from Ramjet. Make him "box art accurate".

Not sure how they'd do the wings for the coneheads though. We've never seen what their tetrajet mode would look like.. but their robot modes would need the different wings.

18. ZapRowsdower

ZapRowsdower Besieged by Rising Hasbro Prices!

So I'm not the only one who notices what Hasbro is doing! :lol 

They're also guilty of relying on Optimus too much - which generally shows how little they understand of the brand. Rather than popularize some new characters (or work harder to bring back old favorites), they stick to a core group in a way that begs a certain question: which early 90s CG show is running in Hasbro's head? :lol  I mean, I understand 5 core characters when you have a limited CG budget...

Anyway, the Cyberverse series is trying new things, I guess, but it's probably more out of desperation than strategy. Including characters like Cheetor is meant to bring in old fans. Because the mediocrity of current Hasbro media is doing nothing to bring in NEW fans. :( 

The point where Hasbro prices encroach on and match 3P prices... that's the point of doom, imo. Because the classic argument of 3P quality vs Hasbro quality is: "Well, Hasbro has to work on a budget and charge LESS for these toys, so..." :eek: 

19. ZapRowsdower

ZapRowsdower Besieged by Rising Hasbro Prices!

So, in theory, a polka-dot Seeker would be equally "popular"?

Ehhh, I don't know why, but this guy rubs me the wrong way. Like it's too obvious of a cash-grab? :confused: 

(I'm still getting him, however, cause the Red design does look good... but I wouldn't say he's making my top 10 for 2019 list. Because he's filling a Seeker void, rather than replacing characters I'd want more - like the ACTUAL Rain Makers).

20. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hasbro prices aren’t anywhere near 3p prices for similar size classes unless you are getting stuff on discount. Takara mp prices are what you are most likely thinking of

• Like Like x 2