Select Series and Store Exclusives Speculation

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Seth Sunthay, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    2 other possibilities could be tr fangry from grotusque and tr squeezeplay from tr repugnus

• Like Like x 2
  2. jmagnus83

jmagnus83 Well-Known Member

I like these lists. I wonder if any tooling beyond heads (Grapple, Fangry, Squeezeplay) would be outside the budgetary realm & if Sideswipe/Red Alert & Skywarp/Thundercracker would be off limits because of Siege

3. Kamen Ranger Bat

Kamen Ranger Bat Don’t hassle the Hoffimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Tbh I knew nothing of ricochet before today. So I'll just go stand in the corner.

4. Jtprime17

Jtprime17 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can’t remember if the club came up with the idea but I do remember Hasbro offered them the mold. In the last year of the club for the subscription service Hasbro offered them the 2 seeker/arielbot body type combiner limbs. The club chose the unite warriors Armada thrust molding at first to make universe Sunstorm. Later on though they changed their minds and switched to the ghost starscream molding from Skydive to make SG Starscream.

Any ways I would love that universe Sunstorm homage from unite warriors armada Thurst. Oh what could of been... :( 

• Like Like x 3
  5. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover Poorly-Known Member

News Credits:
    It won't ever happen, but a Universe Sunstorm + red and blue Powerlinx Thrust decos in a three pack would be the greatest thing ever

6. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I don't see why they would. Studio Series Sideswipe and Siege Sideswipe will be sharing the same shelf space. How many Optimus Primes as snub-nosed cabs are on the shelf right now...?

• Like Like x 1
  7. jmagnus83

yeah you are probably right. got too busy conjecturing about the contents of an entire "subline" based on the report of two redecos at a speciality shop. :)  I would love for a bunch of Autobot cars to come out but we have so little evidence right now that it's hard to envision anything beyond Red Swoop and Ricochet

8. WishfulThinking

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    True. It's a lot of "wishful thinking" on my part.

• Like Like x 3
  9. rikaldomario

rikaldomario Well-Known Member

News Credits:

I think CW Nosecone is worth mentioning, because even though he has new tooling in the form of his drill, the head is exactly the same as Brawl's. If you count Botcon/TFCC figures the list gets longer. I would be really gratefull if I could get some of those guys, like Spinister, Needlenose, etc. at affordable prices. Maybe change the deco a bit so the TFCC ones are still unique. Or we could get the Siege planned toolings for them even though they lost the fan poll. :D 

Anyway, I remember when UW Strafe and Nosecone were revealed, there were a lot of digibashes of them as the Jumpstaters. Maybe "new characters that homage those alternate decos they had?

OR

Include the UW Lightspeed there and make figures of the three Powerdashers

Powerdasher - Transformers Wiki

• Like Like x 1
  10. aey103

aey103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Where is the love for Hoist and Skids?

11. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    I know others want new versions of them, but I'm very happy with their generations toys.

12. WishfulThinking

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I mentioned both in my musings.

13. WishfulThinking

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    They are probably both on the docket for better versions in WfC. I just want them as combiner limbs.

14. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    Magnificus from TR Perceptor? One can only hope.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Jaymo

Jaymo Well-Known Member

Not much left if their sticking to potp. Jets and the beasties. Buster and Hydra would be a nice gesture to complete SS.

Kinda wouldn’t mind the legends comics take tho if they might could give us Crosshairs and Pointblank from Kup and HR. Since it seems “targetmasters” are coming available too ;) 

• Like Like x 1
  16. MWG

MWG Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As I've said a few times, Buster & Hydra are easy low-hanging fruit (and Takara is probably interested in doing them at some point). Since the release of Trilogy Blast Off, the CW version has been grouped with Dreadwind and Darkwing for me, and making the UW shuttle into G2 colors would free up the CW G2 jet to serve that group. (and "properly" complete G2 Bruticus). Starscream/Elita could be turned into Slipstream.

As for the ground vehicles, Off Road needs a buddy. The deluxe motorcycle could become Axer. Hasbro never re-used the CW Wheeljack tooling at retail (despite Takara seeing it being PERFECT for Lightspeed, Hasbro was obsessed with that police car), it could become Slicer. And we do need an affordable Ratchet, he is an essential member of the 84 Autobots who should've been among the CW cars.

I do think we could see a couple more Prime Master shells. Waverider should happen, to complete the updates to the first wave of Pretenders in the G1 line. They didn't seem to want to update shells that were too obviously human, so that might leave Stranglehold out, but I could see Longtooth's shell being updated.

And it would be nice to see a few more legends. G2 Beachcomber, Bayformers Sandstorm, the other "deluxe" Insecticons (using Kickback to make both Venom and Ransack).

+-MWG-+

17. jmagnus83

I think Buster and Hydra should be done. It’s easy.

Hasbro using Streetwise for Computron was probably due to the fact that the entire thing was going to be redecos and slight retools at one point. Others may have more complete info but I remember reading that Strafe would have been a straight redeco of Air Raid originally and Ironclad (Rook mold with a new head) instead of the Afterburner mold. So basically budgetwise once they decided to use the motorcycle mold and remold Air Raid into Strafe they had to make some choices. And guessing Streetwise stayed a cop car. Using Wheeljack would have meant a new head and that costs money. Especially since Wheeljack’s planned head was Counterpunch.

• Like Like x 1
  18. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    I hope the Seacons don't get lazily dropped into the Selects sublines, but I'm afraid I have to face the reality of the possibility.

19. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    If they can make a sunsteaker in siege/wfc, they can easily retool it into Wheeljack and sell it as an exclusive. At least that's what I think.

20. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    there is precedent for sunstreaker and wheeljack to share a mold (combiner wars) as well as wheeljack and tracks (generations) so honestly they could probably fudge all 3 out of a single design if they wanted to