Seige Omega Supreme..on backorder?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by wheeljack01, Jul 21, 2020.

1. wheeljack01

wheeljack01 Happiness is a warm gun

Okay, I am an idiot and waited too long on Siege Omega and now he is sold out, so I went to Amazon. Bought one for...$300 shipped and due to Covid I thought the month shipping time could be right. I asked the seller about the reason of the shipping time and he says he will have the figure when he gets it from the manufacture. Wait a second, are they still making Omegas? Nothing on the order said preorder. It sounded fishy to me, so I emailed him back saying I wanted a refund because I was not told it was a pre-order. He just now emailed me back saying it is not a preorder, it is on back order, and if the manufacture does not make anymore he will let me know. Thoughts?

2. Toker

Toker Well-Known Member

It's a Siege line figure. The vendor may be getting the information incorrectly from someone, but I highly doubt that it's still in production.

3. wheeljack01

I did see Tfsource now has preorders up for him...at almost double the original price.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ziltama

ziltama Lurks, mods, molds, and casts

News Credits:
    Hastak has rerun various figures / lines depending on demand. Typically Takara, rather than Hasbro, does re-runs of Titans, though.

Interestingly enough, TTMall still lists Omega Supreme for sale and in stock. Even if you used a proxy service, good luck trying to get something shipped out of Japan without spending a small fortune on international FedEx or DHL for delivery. Japan Post service is still suspended to US.

Prices being jacked up may also reflect acquiring Asian stock, which is much higher priced for the same exact figure.

TTMall price is 27500 yen = $257.33 US (as of this moment)
    トランスフォーマー シージ SG-39 オメガスプリーム

• Like Like x 1
  5. captainzombie

captainzombie Well-Known Member

I'm like you and feel the same way. I missed out on him last year when I could of had him for $150 at one point.

I keep checking BBTS even though they jacked up the price to $239. I found a few brand new on Amazon for $350, would hate to pay that but I do have $170 in gift cards for there so it might be worth it at this point as I fear he may not be released again.

There was a kind forum member local to me looking to sell his to me, but the issue was the set wasn't complete and I want at least a complete set even if it was used.

6. ziltama

News Credits:
    I've seen some Japanese sites that have him for relatively cheap (near US MSRP), but of course, they can't ship to US due to pandemic unless using super expensive private shipping.

7. captainzombie

Yeah and its probably why at this point we end up having to pay the higher prices if we really want him now. I bet that this was the last run of him that we just saw come through BBTS this past July and have to wonder if they bought up a bunch from somehwere.

TFSource also had him for $299 over the weekend and as of today he's at $359.

8. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Just a regular old plumbus

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I ebayed him for 200 a month or two ago. Considering he went for 170 at retail a little markup like that wasn't too bad.

• Like Like x 4
  9. captainzombie

You got lucky, that is not too bad at all. Now he is pretty much double the price and climbing.

10. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I bit the bullet on a BBTS preorder at $180 and I’m glad I did. I’m not sure where they sourced the stock from but they had a couple different stock refreshes.

11. Dezepticon

Dezepticon Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    I'm not sure how easy it would be to do, but there's a few Smyths in England/Scotland that have him for £129.99/$170 for what seems to be click and collect only. Depending how much to ship maybe some one could help him out? I'm the opposite end of the country or I'd help :( 

(Edit for dollar price)

12. wheeljack01

I ended up buying an Omega as soon as TFSource got them in stock this weekend at $299 and free shipping. I kick myself for paying that my price, but it is my fault I snoozed I’m it. Funny that the day after I purchased it they raised their prices by $60.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  13. captainzombie

Thank you for the thought. I am in the United States and with the pandemic right now, bet prices from outside for shipping would suck.

I saw that, he was $299 for a bit and then boom, I saw him yesterday at $359. I'm like WTF. LOL!

Looks like I'll have to do what you did and burn my gift cards at Amazon so I can get him because I do fear this is the last of him on market in brand new condition and prices will probably get worse.

• Like Like x 1
  14. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    I think it's like how BBTS randomly gets Hasbro China reissues of G1 Commemorative Series stuff. They may be doing another run but it's not for the US market so the various stores have to jump through more hoops to get it.

15. Spether

Spether Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hmm, this gets me thinking. I was one of the lucky people who grabbed the BBTS pre-order at $170. When I opened it I found that it has two different instruction sheets: one in all English and another one that is primarily Chinese. Maybe this guy was originally destined for the Chinese market.

• Like Like x 1
  16. wheeljack01

That would make sense, most new Omegas appear to be located in the Chinese market.

17. wildfly

wildfly Formerly the next big thing.

News Credits:
    I got the impression Hasbro deliberately produced less of Omega than Trypticon...

..but was it hard to get? Or did people just fence sit?

Pretty shocked to see some sold listings on eBay are hovering around $300

• Like Like x 1
  18. ziltama

News Credits:
    Trypticon is not a great comparison. He in particular went unsold in relatively huge numbers due to TRU closing and his well known major QC problems.

Still see unsold MISB Trypticon boxes at local comic stores.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Evac

Evac decepticons 4ever

Ebay:
    will keep an eye on for that...mine still in the pile of loot.

20. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    waves hands as a sad member of the "you snooze you lose" on Omega Supreme club... I don't really have room, I didn't really think I wanted him... but now I do...

I realize the manufacture-to-store chain is quite long, but it sure seems like Hasbro could figure out a way to be more nimble when there is a need to reissue something recent (Omega Supreme, the "missing" wave of Titan's Returns, maybe combiner giftsets...)

• Like Like x 1